Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 13 days ago)

35,647 posts, read 18,006,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
That's dissembling and I'll grant you are great at it no matter the topic.

We cannot allow these ancient grievances to wreck college campuses and other institutions. No mob should ever decide who gets in.
I do agree that the demonstrations need to be managed, as the University of Texas in my city has done. And hooray for that.

The pro-Palestinian demonstrations have made a huge presence on US campuses. So there's that.

But there's still the over riding eternal enemy problem.

And I don't know what dissembling means. So.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:13 AM

19,829 posts, read 18,122,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I do agree that the demonstrations need to be managed, as the University of Texas in my city has done. And hooray for that.

The pro-Palestinian demonstrations have made a huge presence on US campuses. So there's that.

But there's still the over riding eternal enemy problem.

And I don't know what dissembling means. So.
The strict definition of dissembling - pretending with intention to deceive.

Get a load of this...........from UT-Austin today from the DMN piece linked.

45 of 79 arrested have no affiliation with UT.

"Officials say weapons, including guns, buckets of large rocks, bricks, steel-enforced wood planks, mallets and chains, have been confiscated from protesters. Officials allege that staff have been physically assaulted and threatened, and “police have been headbutted and hit with horse excrement, while their police cars have had tires slashed with knives.”

"Officials believe these actions are orchestrated and led by people outside the university. They noted in the statement they will continue “to safeguard the free speech and assembly rights of everyone on our campus, while we protect our university and students who are preparing for their final exams.”

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/educ...tests-arrests/

Last edited by EDS_; Today at 01:23 AM..

Old Today, 04:15 AM

3,303 posts, read 1,425,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's astonishing that you don't see these two factions as the Hatfields and McCoys. Eternal enemies, like the Nat Geo show Lions and Hyenas. Our grandchildren will grow old and die, and the Jews and Palestinians will still be going at it.
With all due respect (and I genuinely mean that), I think the correct way to characterize your prediction is that “Our grand children will grow old and die, and the Jews will still be fighting to survive the Palestinian’s attempt to exterminate them.” This is not similar to the struggle of two species in the wild—-this is the systematic, intentional, and well thought out plan by one group of people to eradicate another because one group hates the other.

Old Today, 05:33 AM

4,919 posts, read 2,064,729 times
Where is Biden’s DOJ and FBI?! Oh!! They’re still tracking down some grandma and grandpa that trespassed or walked on the grass in DC on January 6th, 2021.

Funny that Biden and his DOJ and FBI are beyond quiet when their support base is rioting (again) and no, it’s not mostly peaceful… That BS isn’t going to work on anybody with half a brain since this administration, the American media/big tech are nothing but liars and propagandists.

Speaking about propagandists, where is Karine Jean-Pierre and her binder of lies? I can’t wait to hear her read out of her binder that was obviously put together by somebody else who actually knows what is going on, but unfortunately, not the right Color and/or not the right sex and/or straight.

Sadly, I look to the European media for news on America since it’s more balanced.

I acknowledge that Biden is the POTUS, even if only by name, but I owe him no allegiance or expect anything positive out of his wrinkled, dried up behind. If Biden was a leader or faking to be a leader, he would have not allowed all these Hamas terrorist supporters to spread across the country.

What is even scarier is that many of these so called American HAMAS supporters with aligned with true Middle Eastern terrorist that Biden has already allowed into the country plotting to attack civilians in the streets, here in the USA.

Old Today, 05:59 AM

7,430 posts, read 3,848,886 times
I saw on a local Los Angeles station that UCLA protesters are shining green lasers at police. That's assault, since a green laser can permanently blind you.

Who used green lasers during the 2020 protests? Antifa. Not students, but paid agitators once again.

Old Today, 06:39 AM

17,817 posts, read 13,724,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
I never before have had such animosity towards other human beings as I do now.

I always knew that acceptance in the US and other countries was merely a thin veneer of social civilization which gets peeled away periodically to show the true feelings and beliefs of these hooligans.

However, I will never understand why I am so hated by people who do not know me.

Other people impose identity politics when they see me.

So they hate me. . . .

And now I reciprocate those feelings.
Sounds like "No More Ms. Nice Girl"... to the tune of that old Alice Cooper Song....

Old Today, 06:43 AM

4,402 posts, read 1,706,769 times
Damn, did things escalate at UCLA overnight. Full on violence until police finally showed up to break it up.

Old Today, 06:53 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,581,834 times
Didn’t Hitler also use the universities and professors to indoctrinate Jewish hate and create the Nazi youth brigade??
Why are democrats tolerating, even some are supporting, this Nazi-like behavior?????

If this were republicans, the DOJ and FBI would be out in force…..

Old Today, 06:56 AM

24,515 posts, read 17,265,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I’m enjoying the show.

It really is a show and it is distracting the country from the failings of the Biden Admin and the kangaroo court that is going after Trump.

Posters are right. IF this was any minority group or protected class that is being blocked the Left would come out in Force and protect those victims but since it is only a Jew, who cares.......... Well I hope the Jewish community is taking notice and will step away from the Democrat party and consider the Reps and Trump.

The Left goes on about the Rights of these "protesters" but what about the Rights of the Jewish students and others that just want to study, go to class and graduate?

Old Today, 07:13 AM

3,303 posts, read 1,425,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well I hope the Jewish community is taking notice and will step away from the Democrat party and consider the Reps and Trump.
All other things being equal, I think this would be more likely if someone like Haley or Christie were the presumptive Republican nominee as opposed to Trump. Trump is a divisive individual and his political strength lies more in generating excessive amounts of enthusiasm amongst his many supporters as opposed to expanding the base of people under his umbrella. I don’t think this applies just to Jewish voters who as a block typically vote for Democrats, but for all traditional Democrats, or those former Republicans who have turned away from the GOP since Trump arrived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies