Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:15 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,565,059 times

Advertisements

At least where I am, it sounds like many of these pro-Palestinian protesters may not even be students. The real students are just going about their business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:19 AM

89,067 posts, read 44,895,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It really is a show and it is distracting the country from the failings of the Biden Admin and the kangaroo court that is going after Trump.

Posters are right. IF this was any minority group or protected class that is being blocked the Left would come out in Force and protect those victims but since it is only a Jew, who cares.......... Well I hope the Jewish community is taking notice and will step away from the Democrat party and consider the Reps and Trump.

The Left goes on about the Rights of these "protesters" but what about the Rights of the Jewish students and others that just want to study, go to class and graduate?
And EAT? I saw a student interviewed yesterday who said Columbia wouldn't let him (a student with a valid student ID) on campus to eat at the dining hall (he PAID for a meal plan) because he lives off campus instead of in the pricey dorms. So now he can't eat. Columbia won't let him. What in the hell is that???

Old Today, 07:21 AM

78,499 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
At least where I am, it sounds like many of these pro-Palestinian protesters may not even be students. The real students are just going about their business.
Most aren't from the sound of things, varies by location.

As others have noted, mostly the ANTIFA etc. crowd that are really just far left fascists that were handed out free passes back in 2020.

This is the US, protests allowed on public land or private with permission unless unlawful, violent etc.

They should not be allowed to block or initimidate, nor committ crimes like assault, arson etc. no matter what is happening in the Middle East.

Old Today, 07:26 AM

3,303 posts, read 1,425,610 times
Quote:
I’m sure that there are non-student activists who are involved, participating, or even leading some of these protests, but I’m confident that the majority of the protestors are made up of the student body itself.

Old Today, 08:24 AM

19,829 posts, read 18,122,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Didn’t Hitler also use the universities and professors to indoctrinate Jewish hate and create the Nazi youth brigade??
Why are democrats tolerating, even some are supporting, this Nazi-like behavior?????

If this were republicans, the DOJ and FBI would be out in force…..
Among other means Hitler leveraged power over teaching and academics in part through an early 1930's civil service law. Fact is Hitler had lots of built in support among the professorship.....although to their credit many Jewish and other professors left once NAZI party meetings began on campus.

Old Today, 08:27 AM

19,829 posts, read 18,122,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
I’m sure that there are non-student activists who are involved, participating, or even leading some of these protests, but I’m confident that the majority of the protestors are made up of the student body itself.
A couple of points.

1. CNN has an excellent piece today generally about a woman directing protests at Columbia.....she's been arrested dozens off times and it a professional left wing agitator. It appears she is being funded by either The Rockefeller Foundation or George Soros.

2. Yesterday at UT Austin more than half of those arrested were outside agitators.

Old Today, 08:28 AM

22,354 posts, read 29,470,487 times
Quote:
Because they aren't!!!!! Just like the BLM crap they are people looking to cause chaos! That why the national guard needs to come in and everyone needs to go to jail. Any students that are arrested need to be expelled.

Old Today, 10:09 AM

2,218 posts, read 3,366,853 times
The riot at UCLA last night went on for 3 hours before LAPD arrived. Security was on site but didn't get involved at all. So far, Newsom has been silent, as well as other politicians, (kind of following Biden's behavior regarding campus protests/fighting). Perhaps he'll comment this morning.

The atmosphere at UCLA has been escalating each day. Not surprising things reached this point.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1785652987076972775

Old Today, 10:15 AM

24,515 posts, read 17,265,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
A couple of points.

1. CNN has an excellent piece today generally about a woman directing protests at Columbia.....she's been arrested dozens off times and it a professional left wing agitator. It appears she is being funded by either The Rockefeller Foundation or George Soros.

2. Yesterday at UT Austin more than half of those arrested were outside agitators.

That is the problem. Anyone that is not a student or employed by that college needs to be arrested for trespassing and barred from entering again. If they do then lock them up again and again for a longer period.

Any student that persists in this "protest" needs to be warned that they are required to disperse and if they do not by a selected time that they will be arrested, suspended and possibly expelled from school. IF the student is a Visa holder, IE, a guest of the college they will be expelled and sent packing.

Why are the schools dancing around this? We all have a Right to Peaceful Protest. No one has the Right to physically block others going about their Legal business, Threaten people, Take over buildings and grounds and no one has the Right to assault Police Officers.

In a way it is funny to see the Left eating it's own because the colleges are afraid to come down on these agitators but what is not funny at all is that Good students are paying the price for these antics.

Arrest them all and tear up the tents.

Old Today, 10:28 AM

14,961 posts, read 12,173,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
I’m in agreement this sort of “protest” is not appropriate. What troubles me, however, is not the lack of action by the Federal government or the police, but that the Universities seem to be unwilling to address this in a very simple and direct manner——telling the protestors to stop harassing others or they will be expelled. This doesn’t need to be complicated, nor is force required to address this situation. I suspect if the schools expel a few students from forcibly preventing others from attending class, you will see an immediate and marked decline in this sort of behavior.
The schools need to go further and block access to their campuses to all the non-students who are rioti...... er.... protesting on the campuses. They need to be arrested, charged, convicted and punished for their actions. Students engagingin these activities need to be identified, expelled from the university, arrested, charged and punished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies