Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM

17,674 posts, read 6,940,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A Jewish student at the University of California, Los Angeles, shared footage on Monday of being denied access to his on-campus class by pro-Palestinian activists occupying the college.

Instagram user Eli Tsives shared footage of him showing his student ID to the activists, who repeated "We are not engaging" while blocking his attempts to walk to his class.

The activists are recorded lining up in front of Tsives, preventing his bypass.
Link: https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-799131

Where is the federal government? Why hasn't Joe Biden stopped this rampant discrimination or even commented on it? Where is the Department of Justice? Where is Merrick Garland? The Department of Civil Rights?

Where are the Democrat politicians? Do they approve of this?

You can bet your last dollar that if a black student were denied access anywhere, it would be Armageddon from all of the above racists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM

20,084 posts, read 20,890,524 times
Total BS right there. That is NOT peaceful protesting. At all.
These idiots should be tear gassed or hit the water cannon and then promptly rounded up and thrown in jail. Blocking someone from entering a building or property who is authorized to enter building or property is subject to a number of crimes, yet these degenerate skells wont get so much as a slap on the wrist.

Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM

17,674 posts, read 6,940,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
These idiots should be tear gassed or hit the water cannon and then promptly rounded up and thrown in jail. Blocking someone from entering a building or property who is authorized to enter building or property is subject to a number of crimes, yet these degenerate skells wont get so much as a slap on the wrist.
If they were blocking a black person, their lives would be over in that they would be social pariahs and would never be hired for any job. But it's OK to hate Jews in today's WOKE America. Great job Democrats.

Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM

6,701 posts, read 2,991,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
If they were blocking a black person, their lives would be over in that they would be social pariahs and would never be hired for any job. But it's OK to hate Jews in today's WOKE America. Great job Democrats.
If it was a black person, an Arab person, an Asian, a Trans person, anyone else yeah.

How is the Campus allowing this?! These appropriating imbeciles don't work as security. Where IS the real security?!

All these apologists playing it down, every single time, ... until they can't.

Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM

3,299 posts, read 1,425,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-799131

Where is the federal government? Why hasn't Joe Biden stopped this rampant discrimination or even commented on it? Where is the Department of Justice? Where is Merrick Garland? The Department of Civil Rights?

Where are the Democrat politicians? Do they approve of this?

You can bet your last dollar that if a black student were denied access anywhere, it would be Armageddon from all of the above racists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I’m in agreement this sort of “protest” is not appropriate. What troubles me, however, is not the lack of action by the Federal government or the police, but that the Universities seem to be unwilling to address this in a very simple and direct manner——telling the protestors to stop harassing others or they will be expelled. This doesn’t need to be complicated, nor is force required to address this situation. I suspect if the schools expel a few students from forcibly preventing others from attending class, you will see an immediate and marked decline in this sort of behavior.

Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM

43,182 posts, read 18,329,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
I’m in agreement this sort of “protest” is not appropriate. What troubles me, however, is not the lack of action by the Federal government or the police, but that the Universities seem to be unwilling to address this in a very simple and direct manner——telling the protestors to stop harassing others or they will be expelled. This doesn’t need to be complicated, nor is force required to address this situation. I suspect if the schools expel a few students from forcibly preventing others from attending class, you will see an immediate and marked decline in this sort of behavior.
The colleges are too woke to act on disruption by their own side.

So they have let anarchy rule while telling the world "it's a peaceful protest"

Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM

3,299 posts, read 1,425,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The colleges are too woke to act on disruption by their own side.

So they have let anarchy rule while telling the world "it's a peaceful protest"
I think it’s a bit more complicated than that, but the end result (whatever the reason) is that the schools are not implementing policies/procedures that would allow students to protest without causing the sorts of actions that one sees in this video. In thinking about this, if I were a parent paying for my child to attend UCLA and I saw certain students physically preventing other students from attending class, etc. I don’t think I’d be inclined to send my child back to school the following year. Parents (and students) who genuinely feel strongly about this have every right to engage in their own protest by voting with heir wallets.

Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM

45,244 posts, read 26,482,257 times
I’m enjoying the show.

Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM

6,056 posts, read 2,862,277 times
They're not pro-Palestinian activists, wholly. They're far-left progressive activists, with one of their stances being the end of Israel. They're the same people who rioted in 2020. How do I know this? One of the groups protesting at one of the colleges called for the ending of their college's police department. What does that have to do with Palestine?

They're far-left agitators. In 2020, they rioted over defunding the police. In 2024, they're rioting because they're anti-Jew.

Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM

7,394 posts, read 3,550,268 times
The right wing (maga republicans) we are told are the unhinged dangers to society. I am slightly confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies