Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 07:52 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,164,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Just took a quick look at her tik tok ... I spy a Louis Vuitton bag and a couple of vacations in the last year to Colorado and Puerto Rico.
She isn’t a financial wiz kid, but she is single and this ain’t a minimum wage job.

Anyway you slice it, prices are astronomical and not in line with reality. Profits are through the roof and greedflation is in full effect. Something’s broken and if Biden suddenly changes his tune about it and goes after this with the same vigor he did with opening the border, Trump loses. No one thinks Trump has an answer to fix this, short of tax cuts, that I doubt would happen or would work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2024, 08:02 PM

50,391 posts, read 47,131,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b29510 View Post
600 car note is not much of a car, its kinda cheap car, and if you had it before the economy went south, its not like you can sell it for enough to just pay it off, you got to have a dependable car, and that not cheap
It's not if you have an ego to feed. Plenty of cheaper reliable models.

Old 04-24-2024, 08:26 PM

17,277 posts, read 15,467,080 times
Quote:
600 car note is not much of a car, its kinda cheap car, and if you had it before the economy went south, its not like you can sell it for enough to just pay it off, you got to have a dependable car, and that not cheap
You can buy a decent used car cash for about $5,000. I just did. I’m a six figure earner, but I like to spend my money elsewhere, as having flashy toys does nothing to improve my quality of life.

Old 04-25-2024, 08:13 AM

13,984 posts, read 5,644,902 times
Quote:
Just configured a brand new, decently tricked out 2024 Honda Accord EX, and NerdWallet says my payment with only $3k down, for 60 months at 5% APR, the payment is $603.

With my current trade in and credit score, it would be more like $300 for that same car.

That is a car that is enjoyable and dependable to the tune of 10-15 years, and I'd say pretty freaking nice.

Or do you qualify/grade cars differently than I do?

Old 04-25-2024, 08:20 AM

89,093 posts, read 44,917,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's your money. I'd never shell out that for a freakin piece of iron with an engine. I learned that living at the beach is a waste on a nice car unless you have a locked garage both at home and your destination. The transients/tweekers are gonna break in or someone is gonna trash it with their beater car or a shopping cart. Not worth it.
I'm right there with you except in my case, it's the salt air with high humidity that absolutely destroys everything that ever hits outside air. I buy/drive cheap cars that have the longest warranties because they have to be replaced about the same time the bumper to bumper warranty is about to expire. And an EV? NOT going to happen. Anything electrical deteriorates extremely quickly out here on "the island."

Old 04-25-2024, 10:42 AM

8,259 posts, read 3,510,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
You can buy a decent used car cash for about $5,000. I just did. I’m a six figure earner, but I like to spend my money elsewhere, as having flashy toys does nothing to improve my quality of life.
Depends on where you are I guess. Here places charge ten grand for high mileage vehicles that are on their way out and you have to travel to the other side of the state to get cheaper cars. I have lost out on lower mileage vehicles because I had no ride to get to them or no second driver to drive a vehicle back if I drove my gas guzzling truck to get it.

Old 04-25-2024, 11:10 AM

17,277 posts, read 15,467,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Depends on where you are I guess. Here places charge ten grand for high mileage vehicles that are on their way out and you have to travel to the other side of the state to get cheaper cars. I have lost out on lower mileage vehicles because I had no ride to get to them or no second driver to drive a vehicle back if I drove my gas guzzling truck to get it.
Uber?

If it's on the other side of a large state, or in a different state altogether, take a cheap Spirit or Frontier flight.

Old 04-25-2024, 11:27 AM

7,182 posts, read 4,576,439 times
Another self entitled loser. New cars are a huge waste of money. She has no clue how to live within her means. I have sympathy for people that are actually low income and struggling.

Old 04-25-2024, 01:41 PM

20,165 posts, read 9,060,402 times
it's a free country, you can be as dumb as you want.

Old 04-25-2024, 05:12 PM

14,964 posts, read 12,181,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Isn’t Florida a no income tax state? Why would the employer withhold taxes?

They withhold federal income taxes, social security and Medicare deductions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies