Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 09:54 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
This appears to be what a typical self important dog owner might say.
Look. You just do not like dogs. That's obvious. And you are unethical because you have proposed overcharging customers with dogs.

Why don't you tell people out front that you do not work in homes that have dogs? It would be more sincere.

I have come to a point in my life where I simply do not trust or like people who do not like dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 10:00 PM

318 posts, read 372,744 times
Quote:
Pets are family members and they do need to sniff. That however is different than licking and slobbering which are not needed.

You should see a doctor if the process is "slightly painful". I have been "Sniffed" by hundreds of dogs and not once did the process involve even a small amount of pain. You are obviously suffering from hyper-sensitive testicle disorder, a very rare HSTD.
Uh, no. they don't need to sniff. A worker is there to fix something, and you are there to have it fixed. a pet or little kid pestering them is 100% unnecessary in the equation. (and yes, both are family) Hyper dogs DO hurt if they ram a nose in your nether regions, scratch your legs etc.

Last edited by SweetLittleWing; 11-18-2015 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: can't type.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:07 PM

318 posts, read 372,744 times
Quote:
I have come to a point in my life where I simply do not trust or like people who do not like dogs.
More people then you would think have had traumatic experiences with dogs. It could be being bitten, chased or something more innocent. I have a disabled brother that will climb me like a tree (has almost a foot on me and outweighs me by at least 70lbs) if he sees a dog approaching off leash. Him and I were both knocked over as youngsters on our front lawn. both times the neighbors dog wanted to play, but from our perspective (him learning to walk, me under 4) it's absolutely terrifying. I grew out of it, other people like my brother don't. phobia for life.

Now, someone who wishes to hurt dogs- I agree fully.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:08 PM

794 posts, read 818,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Look. You just do not like dogs. That's obvious. And you are unethical because you have proposed overcharging customers with dogs.

Why don't you tell people out front that you do not work in homes that have dogs? It would be more sincere.

No, I do like dogs. I said that in my OP. You might take it as I don't like dogs, but I do.

I like lots of stuff that I might not necessarily like while working. For example, I love a good steak dinner with all the fixin's. Do I like this same steak dinner while I am on a job? No, it would be impossible to enjoy while working. I'd make a mess. I like a beer every now and again. Do I like one while working? Of course not.

Like I said, I like dogs. Just not hassling me while I work.

As for "unethical", meh. I view it as a service charge and the cost of doing business. Hassle me and make my life needlessly difficult, enjoy a slight to moderate hosing. I bet you wouldn't call the nice things I often do "above and beyond" for good customers unethical, now would you. Trust me, there is balance. If I wanted to hose everyone, I could. I don't, just putz's who degrade me with their dog.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetLittleWing View Post
Uh, no. they don't need to sniff. A worker is there to fix something, and you are there to have it fixed. a pet or little kid pestering them is 100% unnecessary in the equation. (and yes, both are family) Hyper dogs DO hurt if they ram a nose in your neither regions, scratch your legs etc.
Exactly. They do not "need" to sniff anything. They may want to sniff, but they do not "need" to sniff.

What, is Fido going to need therapy if he doesn't get his sniff jones filled each and every time? The whole notion of "he needs to sniff" is patently ridiculous.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
When Im at work, and my gf is there alone to take house calls for repairs. I'd rather put up with some duds complaining about my dog. Then having to worry if she is going to be found in a drum somewhere cut up in pieces. Im just cautious that way.
Whatever you heard, it wasn't me. I have an alibi.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:26 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,184 times
LOL! I feel the same way about people's babies and children!

<3 dogs

Old 11-18-2015, 10:31 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,184 times
I do put both dogs in the bedroom when anyone comes over though.. I have too.. Barkers, go insane on people entering the apartment.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:37 PM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Unless they are being actual tools, I don't discipline my dogs. Some neighbors get upset because my dog will bark at them for example but that's their problem not mine. My dogs rarely bark at me and they don't bark at every neighbor either...
I'd ask if you were joking, but sadly I realize you probably are not.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:14 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justiciability View Post
This cries out critical lack of education on your part. Dogs are den animals, if they don't have a crate, they find other areas that are tight and cozy. My dog loves her crate so much that she wags her tail and runs to it voluntarily when I say "kennel" because she knows she's about to get the most mind-blowing treat she's ever had.

Ugh, I just read the rest of your post. You are a despicable and irresponsible dog owner.
I don't agree with Nickchick's point of view either, but they seem like a very polite and respectful person. Does this subject really warrant calling someone "despicable"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets