Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2022, 12:29 PM

11 posts, read 15,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin4work View Post
Thanks for lot of good info.

So, my bigger concern is finding friends. Typically, I have found that people already have a tight knit circles in smaller towns like Bville. On the other hand, I got a sense that due to CoP and P66 (and maybe, ABB?) there are some non-locals in Bville - relatively speaking. How is it meeting people in Owasso?
That's a good question. Everyone I know in Owasso are coworkers, former coworkers, or people I was introduced to through coworkers lol. However, that's not Owasso's' fault. 1) I was already married with kids when I moved here so don't spend much time cultivating new friends and 2) pretty much everyone I worked with in Bartlesville commutes from Owasso lol.

I did however recently join the YMCA so I can start swimming laps and getting back in shape and have gotten to know a few people that way also. Everyone here is pretty friendly in my experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2022, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Right my friend retired from COP but worked upstream. He was with P66 when the merger with Conoco happened. Before that he was with Shell but his fav was P66.
I first went to work for ConocoPhillips back in 2008 and landed on the P66 side after the merger in 2012.

P66 right after the merger was an awesome company to work for. However, the entire company changed when they brought in Zhanna a few years ago to lead what they called their "Digital Transformation."

Under her guidance, the company has went to **** from an employee perspective. They have fired most of their contractors and stopped backfilling most positions. When people leave, the work is simply dumped on those remaining. From what my friends in HR have told me, their turnover numbers are insane when compared to their peers.

This is especially bad in IT, but her presence has killed morale across all areas of the company. I remember one town hall in particular when she announced even more job cuts and a hiring/wage freeze. When someone asked her about work/life balance, her response was literally "Suck it up buttercup, this is the new normal."

That comment is when I decided I was done with P66.

Last edited by jtoast; 04-03-2022 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 04-03-2022, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin4work View Post
Yeah. The plan is to start with renting.

Indeed interesting info on the two companies. Thinking about it... it is puzzling (and probably a telling sign about P66): why did they need ride-service options outside? I mean its unlikely people came to work in public transit there.

Quite a few people carpool from Tulsa and the surrounding area.

Old 04-17-2022, 02:18 PM

24 posts, read 28,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtoast View Post
That's a good question. Everyone I know in Owasso are coworkers, former coworkers, or people I was introduced to through coworkers lol. However, that's not Owasso's' fault. 1) I was already married with kids when I moved here so don't spend much time cultivating new friends and 2) pretty much everyone I worked with in Bartlesville commutes from Owasso lol.

I did however recently join the YMCA so I can start swimming laps and getting back in shape and have gotten to know a few people that way also. Everyone here is pretty friendly in my experience.

Haha. I hear ya. That's an adult life. Its encouraging to hear that people are friendly. That also has been my experience over the 2-3 days I was there. I am hoping the lack of too many options will force me to start working out and get healthier.

Old 04-17-2022, 02:19 PM

24 posts, read 28,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtoast View Post
Quite a few people carpool from Tulsa and the surrounding area.

Aah. That explains it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma