Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 11:24 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,662,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Stillwater has a mask mandate. Is OKC not far behind?

https://www.news9.com/story/5f0a52de...te-is-underway
What Dr. John Wedlake, a Stillwater City Councilman, had to say about supporting mandatory masks:

"As a medical doctor, the only practicing neurologist within at least a 50-mile radius, and one of Stillwater's City Councilors, I speak to a multitude of doctors on a daily basis. All of the physicians I have consulted support the wearing of masks in areas of communal gathering as a means to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. We don't make this recommendation with our comfort, or even our convenience in mind...we do so because we have read the literature, we've seen the data, and the mounting evidence that properly-fitting masks limit incidence of disease and spread of SARS-COV-2.

I can empathize with your feelings regarding masks, but please try to understand that our decisions were based on trying to provide the greatest safety to our constituents and municipality, while minimizing disruption of normalcy. I know masks are not as convenient as ‘no masks,’ and for that I apologize. It was a decision with no perfect outcome, but one that had to be made."

Meanwhile, 100% compliance with everybody being required to wear masks in the Perkins Rd. Wal-Mart, Stillwater on Sunday morning. A worker at the entrance provided free masks at the entrance for customers who didn't have any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2020, 12:58 PM

30,190 posts, read 11,833,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
What Dr. John Wedlake, a Stillwater City Councilman, had to say about supporting mandatory masks:

"As a medical doctor, the only practicing neurologist within at least a 50-mile radius, and one of Stillwater's City Councilors, I speak to a multitude of doctors on a daily basis. All of the physicians I have consulted support the wearing of masks in areas of communal gathering as a means to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. We don't make this recommendation with our comfort, or even our convenience in mind...we do so because we have read the literature, we've seen the data, and the mounting evidence that properly-fitting masks limit incidence of disease and spread of SARS-COV-2.

I can empathize with your feelings regarding masks, but please try to understand that our decisions were based on trying to provide the greatest safety to our constituents and municipality, while minimizing disruption of normalcy. I know masks are not as convenient as ‘no masks,’ and for that I apologize. It was a decision with no perfect outcome, but one that had to be made."

Meanwhile, 100% compliance with everybody being required to wear masks in the Perkins Rd. Wal-Mart, Stillwater on Sunday morning. A worker at the entrance provided free masks at the entrance for customers who didn't have any.

I am here in Arizona for a week where there is a mask mandate. I went into a Family Dollar this morning. None of the staff was wearing masks. They had just opened. And delivery drivers were bringing in merchandise without masks. All the customers were wearing them. Most stores will stop people at the door without a mask so you get 100% compliance that way. Most stores seem to have 100% compliance.

I get it. Oklahoma has a small window to slow down the cases or they could be next Arizona. Arizona waited until it was way out of hand.

Old 07-15-2020, 10:11 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,905,737 times
OK governor tests positive for coronavirus.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/15/okla...ronavirus.html

Old 07-15-2020, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
OK governor tests positive for coronavirus.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/15/okla...ronavirus.html

New cases have averaged 1,000 a day for the last two days which is a huge increase. OKC appears to be outpacing Tulsa. I also noticed that Jackson County went from having about 55 total cases up until two days ago to 128 total today. I am sure what caused the massive increase there.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 07-15-2020 at 01:28 PM..

Old 07-19-2020, 06:16 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,662,160 times
Thank God Oklahoma isn't on any list of states most likely needing to go back to a shutdown.

Old 07-21-2020, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Thank God Oklahoma isn't on any list of states most likely needing to go back to a shutdown.

I was in OKC today and they have the mask mandate in effect. many stores have signs saying you cannot enter without a mask and people seemed to be following it.

Oklahoma had over 1700 new cases today on world o meters, another site I look at had 892 cases. Payne County at least has been going down the past couple weeks.

Old 07-21-2020, 07:02 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,227,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I was in OKC today and they have the mask mandate in effect. many stores have signs saying you cannot enter without a mask and people seemed to be following it.

Oklahoma had over 1700 new cases today on world o meters, another site I look at had 892 cases. Payne County at least has been going down the past couple weeks.
There was a state reporting error over the weekend so today there was a catch up of 800 cases that should have been counted over the weekend.

Old 07-21-2020, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
There was a state reporting error over the weekend so today there was a catch up of 800 cases that should have been counted over the weekend.

Good to know, thanks!

Old 11-08-2020, 07:09 AM

4,700 new covid cases in Oklahoma yesterday. More than double any other day. Does anyone know if it was a data dump or a real spike in cases?

Old 11-08-2020, 10:32 AM

451 posts, read 425,344 times
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/oklahoma/

Not sure but almost has to be a data dump type thing like on July 21st. You can see both of those down on number of cases chart.

Stay safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma