Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2007, 05:18 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,933,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthrie Kid View Post
The Cimmarron River at Guthrie is full!

Here is what the road beside the river looks like at the same location. (looking east)

Looking West

And finally to the North or accross the street from the top photo

And these too GK! Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:29 PM

76 posts, read 324,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Thanks for the pics Amy. Those are fantastic. Are you a photographer?
Thank you Synopsis....
I'm a stay at home mom with a passion for taking pictures. Here recently its starting to pay off. I've done a few Senior pictures, some engagement pictures and 3 weddings. Not a bad way to spend the summer. These were taken just while driving around. I really love the windmill picture. It seems to represent the "country" way of life around here.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:40 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,456,952 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/oklah...ma-pics-2.html

I don't think this link has been added here yet. We're fine with leaving the originals on the forum, but if you find a thread with pics, you can post the link here. It keeps newcomers from having to sift through all the posts.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:13 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times
Default Seminole flood pics

August 19, 2007 Seminole, OK hit by flood from tropical storm Erin. I was in Seminole that same sunday morning for Mass. It was raining hard beginning about 3 am and became a downpour around 10:00 am. During church, you could hear it coming down hard for a very long time.

I lucked out and left town before this flood hit. Here is a link to the pics.

The Seminole Producer "Seminole County's Daily NewsPaper"

Old 08-24-2007, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
August 19, 2007 Seminole, OK hit by flood from tropical storm Erin. I was in Seminole that same sunday morning for Mass. It was raining hard beginning about 3 am and became a downpour around 10:00 am. During church, you could hear it coming down hard for a very long time.

I lucked out and left town before this flood hit. Here is a link to the pics.

The Seminole Producer "Seminole County's Daily NewsPaper"
WOW. I had no idea it was that bad. Thanks for the link Redbird. That was awful.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:39 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,456,952 times
Thanks for the link, Redbird. That is awful.

We had watched it on the weather channel and a huge area looked like they were partially flooded.

The top pic where it says they edited at the request of Ms. Curtis' family~did she survive?

Old 08-24-2007, 02:37 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,623,945 times
Jammie, no, sadly she did not and knowing the story it was hard to look at those pictures.

Thanks for posting though, Redbird. I have been on that road many times, never imagining such scenes were possible there.

Someone said in the last few days that every Oklahoman can recite tornado precautions by heart, but we don't know that much about floods.

"Turn around, don't drown" should be a slogan we can all recite.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:57 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,357,036 times
I am not able to copy photos like before. I think maybe it is because I have windows vista. Maybe someone can help. I downloaded photo to flickr, and then I enlarged it to the largest size and then I tried to do this: 2) With your mouse on the full-size picture, right-click (not the left mouse button, the right mouse button) your mouse and select "copy image location" from the pop-up menu. You have just copied the image location into your computer's memory.

but when I right mouse click I no longer get "copy image location."

Old 08-29-2007, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
I am not able to copy photos like before. I think maybe it is because I have windows vista. Maybe someone can help. I downloaded photo to flickr, and then I enlarged it to the largest size and then I tried to do this: 2) With your mouse on the full-size picture, right-click (not the left mouse button, the right mouse button) your mouse and select "copy image location" from the pop-up menu. You have just copied the image location into your computer's memory.

but when I right mouse click I no longer get "copy image location."
Try this jessaka. Right-click on the image, and then select "properties." In the box that pops up, there will be a URL that tells the address of the picture. highlight the entire URL, then press CTRL-C (copy). Then, go through the same methods you would otherwise use to post the URL into your message. BUT, make sure you delete the existing "http" out of the dialogue box before you paste or you'll end up with two and it won't work. I feel your pain, we "upgraded" to vista too and I would rather have XP.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:42 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,357,036 times

It worked. Thanks so much. Since these are Oklahoma photos I will say that this is my Oklahoma Border Collie named Mocha in the snow in our backyard. As you can see we don't get much snow here. I should take her to Starbucks and allow her to be their new mascot. She would love it, but they may not. She likes to be around a lot of people.

Well, maybe we will both one day love our new Vista. I have to buy a book today. I got a new computer because my old one was slow and I didn't enjoy trying to be a moderator here. But now with dsl and this new information I am flying high. sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma