Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 11:29 AM

768 posts, read 1,087,805 times

Advertisements

Yeah, probably in City Hall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 06:27 AM

2 posts, read 64,604 times
Hell yes there is a Mafia, I know a grandson of the guy that ran the teamsters back in the 70's and somewhat in the 80's or all that ....cause this boy went and worked for the CIA a little bit and more the Marines...did some time in prison then got out and got me more in the Mafia then I wanted...because of an old friend that he cherishes a little to much!

Let's just say that I've had more of a Mafia that is Government intelligence than just Italians, they use those for their money making. I a lot goes back to me knowing some Colombians years ago at a summer camp for the rich and just under famous unless you read Forbes!

I had my apartment bugged by a pizza shop named Wise Guys because I knew Alvaro Uribe's destiny since '97. Some say the summer of 2001 changed the world, not just my life! The Mafia is bigger than you can friggen imagine, it's sure as **** not just Youngstown...people just have family that left a rep!

A lot of people moved and still keep in touch, not everyone is doing life in prison or doesn't have military contacts. The real ***** is that these young kids get so into the rap culture that they really prove more dangerous and the Mafia doesn't want to risk....well, shipping them off to be eaten by a Colombian Jaguar which would be cool!

I only met one Italian girl and her parents from Youngstown, but a old chap of mine flew out of our county airport to some Mob resort in Pennsylvania......heard of things going in and out of the local landing strip, didn't sound like small ideas to me or names!

People that did business with Pablo Escobar that are running Colombia and from what I can see the remnants of Mafia that ya know are supplying your African American gangs if not the Latino's directly...but then again there always was racial tension.

Most people don't have to worry about Mafia that is just the NSA, so people talk about the Mafia and think they know what is going on and it's think it's not FEDs and sure not the FBI!

Old 12-05-2009, 10:41 AM

498 posts, read 1,507,502 times
some imagination you got there, burmesedragon.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:46 AM

37 posts, read 174,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 000000 View Post
some imagination you got there, burmesedragon.
lol

Old 12-07-2009, 02:27 PM

217 posts, read 692,684 times
the italian mob while still may have some presents in pretty low key everywhere..and yeah any youngstown crime now adays is mainly drug related, with black street gangs..my friends are from the south side, and yeah its pretty rough there..

Old 12-15-2009, 09:49 AM

2 posts, read 59,350 times
Default Re: Mafia

The FBI is looking at Ronald "The Crab" Carabbia, released from prison several years ago, as now a presence in the Youngstown mob scene.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:39 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,686,160 times
I don't know why people are so fascinated with the mob, but here is an article about Ronnie the Crab.
Rick Porrello's AmericanMafia.com - this just in ... Mob News and Features

The Youngstown mob has done two major things in the past several years. The first is that they have gone back to the ways of their Grandfathers. They have learned to take a low profile, and keep their mouths shut. They are no longer the attention whores of yesteryear.
Their fathers of the 60's and 70's failed to learn that lesson. They thought that they were Hollywood stars seeking attention. All that got them was dead, or in prison.

The second thing they did was move out of Youngstown. The City is a place to do business, but it is no longer a place to live or raise a family. Even the criminals have figured that out.
They moved to the outskirts of the surrounding area. Canfield, Columbiana, Leetonia, and Washingtonville to name a few places.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:37 PM

498 posts, read 1,507,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Range Family View Post
it is no longer a place to live or raise a family. Even the criminals have figured that out.
finally, the truth comes out! even with all of the adult kickball, large pumpkins grown nearby, and defend youngstown shirts out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Range Family View Post
a place to do business
let's not get too carried away. some entrepreneurs might be attracted to the area because it is an economic wasteland, but there is not enough of anything for people outside the area to care.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:32 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,686,160 times
Zero Boy,
You're pretty good at manipulating my words to meet your agenda.

I very clearly meant that Youngstown itself is a crap hole. The surrounding area is very nice.

The business topic of the thread is mafia business. That means gambling, drugs, prostitution, and strong arming politicians. It has nothing to do with legitimate business, entrepreneurs, or giant pumpkins.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:20 PM

19 posts, read 81,435 times
Is their a mafia in Youngstown? About as much as the Browns have had success on the football field.
Which equates to very little......
funny how people think cause you do a little loansharking and have a backroom poker nights their is a mob presence.
The last guy that resembled any kind of power and clout was Lennie Strollo.
and I use the word power loosely.
He flipped....his deadbeat brother was a coattail rider.
Pittsburgh is a non factor......it hasn't mattered since Micheal Genovese and Gabe Mannarino were calling the shots in the 80's......all the old timers are gone in Pittsburgh....dead,jail......otherwise.
Cleveland is just about dead....Iaccobaci was told by the Chicago hitters to retire to Western Pa.....
Pappalardo is the guy in charge,but his undoing will be the Democratic party known as the SS Dimoria which is sinking as we speak....
Between Youngstown,Cleveland and Pittsburgh you might be able to make a crew of 30 made guys...thats it.
Ronnie Crab is retired......he's a blip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio