Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 09:29 PM

141 posts, read 752,703 times

Advertisements

I moved from Florida two weeks ago and (irony of ironies) am moving back to Florida tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 8,139 times
I moved to Ohio three months ago and have sent paperwork to change the title two different times to Toyota. They still have not sent the orginal title to the clerk of courts so I can change the title to a Ohio title. Can anyone advise what and where I can find the Ohio statute for them failing to send the title to the clerk. I know they are in violation at this time and I wanted to send them a certified letter( copy the clerk of court) to advise this in case I do get stopped I would have a defense.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:55 PM

392 posts, read 1,069,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeoGratias View Post
I moved from Florida two weeks ago and (irony of ironies) am moving back to Florida tomorrow.
Looks like you wasted an afternoon for nothing.

When I changed my PA license to an OH license, I missed like 4 questions, all of the Ohio-related crap. It's not like I carried an OH driver license brochure with me when I lived in Pennsylvania.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:44 AM

21 posts, read 159,951 times
Just had to switch from South Carolina to Ohio yesterday... it really helps if you can get the address on the title changed before you go in. Then, they don't even ask for proof of residency. We had the same problem-- we are living with parents while waiting to close on a house and don't have any of the bills in our name, but SC suspends your license immediately after leaving. It was crazy, but it'll work out.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:37 AM

1 posts, read 7,566 times
I want to get my driving license for the first time. I live in Akron. I am very scared while driving. how do I get over it and also best places to practise driving.
suggestions please.
thank you

Old 05-04-2010, 08:39 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,148,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srfreebies View Post
I want to get my driving license for the first time. I live in Akron. I am very scared while driving. how do I get over it and also best places to practise driving.
suggestions please.
thank you
1) Find and Aunt or Uncle that you love and trust to help teach you to drive. Mom's and Dad's are great, but they do tend to over react a little. NEVER a friend our a buddy!!!!

2) Practice in a deserted parking-lot (Allot), get use to the vehicle that you will be taking your test in. It will help you to learn all of it's blind spots and how it handles,ie steering, braking and starting and so on.

3) Back country roads are a great place to drive when you are ready to hit the road. You can drive slower that usual and you decrease the change of impeding the flow of traffic.

The rest you will just have to figure out as you go, just take your time, throw your cell phone out the window, keep the radio off. Listen to your vehicle, keep your eyes moving at all times, ie mirrors, other traffic, all the road signs and your vehicles gauges.

If you start to get nerves, stop and take a break and when your ready to try some more, go slow.
All of us when thru what you are, no one grew up as a driving expert. You'll do just fine.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:11 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,022,788 times
Our experience was fast and easy, but we prepared by checking the Ohio's DMV site so I could go fully prepared. We went to an all in one facility, had all paperwork ready to go, and just went from station to station. We didn't have a lien on the vehicle, so no need to worry about titling with the lender.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:40 AM

2 posts, read 8,971 times
Does anyone know if you get your Ohio license on the same day?

I travel for work and can't be without a photo ID at the airport. So if they force you to surrender your previous card and are unable to immediately replace it, I'll have to get a passport first.

Between stuff like this & the unending cloudiness, it's really getting depressing.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:21 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,148,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acbass View Post
Does anyone know if you get your Ohio license on the same day?

I travel for work and can't be without a photo ID at the airport. So if they force you to surrender your previous card and are unable to immediately replace it, I'll have to get a passport first.

Between stuff like this & the unending cloudiness, it's really getting depressing.
If you move to Ohio and need to change your drivers license, they will replace it that same day. As long as you don't show up on the L.E.A.D.S (Law Enforcement Automated Data System) with any "Wants and Warrants" or Revoked license from you previous (or other) states.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:47 AM

2,368 posts, read 5,108,199 times
If the old address you are at is still valid, you may not even need a new license at all. It'd simply be that location where the tickets you'll rack up get mailed :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: