Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 07:07 PM

17,590 posts, read 13,372,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kan_simcak View Post
Cleveland Sea world closed (2004) because it was to expensive, to operate a park for 4 months out of the year. Its was at its best when Anhieser Bush owned it (spelled wrong) and then 6 Flags bought it, and it was going down hill from that point on. They owned to many parks and couldn't run most of them, so they let them go out of business. One year they didn't even have a whale (why do you think people came there?) to see the whale. I remember when they opened it was the place to go and they kept adding things, (Shark encounter) ( the 3D theater) ( the Tiger exhbit) (Penguin encounter), ( the were even talking about rides) and then stopped, doing any thing, just let things fall appart. Some time is not a good idea to let big companies buy other companies, only to run them out of business, and take their profits else where. Way to go 6 Flags, and Cedar Fair, now its just a water park there

Here is the story: SeaWorld Ohio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 08:15 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,713,440 times
I have to *sort of* agree with the Anti-Sea World folks. I hadn't been to SW in a very long time. We went to FLA a few months ago and went to SW. I really liked EVERYTHING about it except... the Orca show. This was the last thing we did that day. Up until then it was a really fun day. We had a blast feeding dolphins and petting sting rays.
As a place of discovery... a giant aquarium... Sea World succeeds.
But then we sit down for the Orca show... I'm sorry... but watching Orcas act like trained dogs was just a bit disconcerting to me. Did NOT enjoy that part at all.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:30 AM

2 posts, read 3,586 times
I too don't get what happen to SeaWorld in Ohio. I use to go and enjoy myself with me and my kids. That was the last park that my parents and family �� was at. Being the park back to Ohio you wont regret it. Everyone who lives in Ohio will enjoy what you guys being to us. Everything always in Florida and California. Why take this park away from us. I would love to take my grandkids and let them enjoy thier time thier. I loved it and they will too. I refuse to go to another state to see your shows. Bring it back can you? Thanks Tim

Old 05-28-2015, 06:28 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,693,373 times
We use to go to Sea World in Aurora, it was a nice park from what I can remember. I wish it still was around.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:46 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I have to *sort of* agree with the Anti-Sea World folks. I hadn't been to SW in a very long time. We went to FLA a few months ago and went to SW. I really liked EVERYTHING about it except... the Orca show. This was the last thing we did that day. Up until then it was a really fun day. We had a blast feeding dolphins and petting sting rays.
As a place of discovery... a giant aquarium... Sea World succeeds.
But then we sit down for the Orca show... I'm sorry... but watching Orcas act like trained dogs was just a bit disconcerting to me. Did NOT enjoy that part at all.
No argument here. When I went there as a kid, I always looked across the lake at Geauga Lake and saw the roller coasters and rides and wished I was there instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim46 View Post
I too don't get what happen to SeaWorld in Ohio. I use to go and enjoy myself with me and my kids. That was the last park that my parents and family �� was at. Being the park back to Ohio you wont regret it. Everyone who lives in Ohio will enjoy what you guys being to us. Everything always in Florida and California. Why take this park away from us. I would love to take my grandkids and let them enjoy thier time thier. I loved it and they will too. I refuse to go to another state to see your shows. Bring it back can you? Thanks Tim

Tim... I think that ship has sailed. Sea World isn't coming back. I'd rather see Geauga Lake be restored, but that too is unlikely. I do hope that at least someone will come along and find a way to save and restore the Big Dipper! In fact, I say put it up at Cedar Point right on the beach! Sure it isn't even close to the thrill rides that Cedar Point has, but given that Geauga Lake was closed under Cedar Fair's watch, I'd say it would be the right thing to do.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:08 PM

549 posts, read 849,352 times
Six Flags Worlds of Adventure was the world's largest theme park. It was insane.

Here's a nice look at the full story, and they tell the story using park maps which gives a really great look at how it all went down.

5 Tragic Reasons Why the World's Largest Theme Park Stands Abandoned in Ohio | Theme Park Tourist

Old 06-10-2015, 12:21 PM

2 posts, read 3,586 times
all you hear about is geauga lake. That park was good as well but I still don't get it why not just bring them both back and let the new generation live the fun that we all use to have in our lives. No we have a stupid theme park cedar point and its crazy. Sea world was great and so was geauga lake as well were great.. Why take them away from us here. That's all I'm saying.... Now to go to sea world you have to go to Florida and California which is a costy trip for most.... It's stupid that's all I can say. Since are state isn't a rich state they take it all from us and who suffers our kids of today and the new generation that comes next. Cedar point is okay but its a joke that's all...

Old 06-10-2015, 02:58 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim46 View Post
all you hear about is geauga lake. That park was good as well but I still don't get it why not just bring them both back and let the new generation live the fun that we all use to have in our lives. No we have a stupid theme park cedar point and its crazy. Sea world was great and so was geauga lake as well were great.. Why take them away from us here. That's all I'm saying.... Now to go to sea world you have to go to Florida and California which is a costy trip for most.... It's stupid that's all I can say. Since are state isn't a rich state they take it all from us and who suffers our kids of today and the new generation that comes next. Cedar point is okay but its a joke that's all...

The fact that Cedar Point has the 2nd most roller coasters in the world tied with Canada's Wonderland, and is generally a trend setter in terms setting records, I would say it does not make them a joke.

Sea World was OK, but like I said when I went there as a kid, and looked across the lake and saw the roller coasters at Geauga Lake I wished I was over there instead. I do agree that Geauga Lake was a great park, and while not on par with Cedar Point in terms of thrills, it was a good family park, and a good place to start on roller coasters as a kid. My son is 12, and I wished that Geauga Lake was still around so that I could get him on roller coasters. He doesn't seem to be interested in going on them, so while I would love to get back to Cedar Point (haven't been there in years) I'm not dropping a small fortune to take him there and end up not riding anything. That is really my only gripe with Cedar Point if you will. I may try and talk him into Kennywood.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:42 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,537,114 times
Watch the movie called blackfish and you will know why I don't bother going to sea world when I'm in the Orlando area.

Old 01-03-2016, 03:34 PM

41,967 posts, read 75,229,826 times
This radio jingle just popped into my head:

Double Loop and Corkscrew, too, only at Geauga Lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio