Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 12:54 PM

93 posts, read 203,380 times

Advertisements

It is a shame about Sea World and Geauga Lake. I remember that place being so busy with hundreds of hundreds of people. If we wanted to visit a Sea World we'd have to travel all the way down to Fla.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,450 times
Default Sea World

PLEASE watch "Blackfish' as shown multiple times on CNN. Thank you.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:27 AM

624 posts, read 763,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonde1 View Post
PLEASE watch "Blackfish' as shown multiple times on CNN. Thank you.
This.

No love for Sea World here. My Mother refused to take us there when we were kids. She reluctantly took us to the Columbus Zoo, which was a real horrorshow in the 1960's, looking back...

Old 11-05-2013, 01:20 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
I remember going to both Sea World and Geauga Lake when I was a child. Though I liked Sea World I would look across the lake and see the roller coasters and wish I was over there. It's ashame that they're both gone. Six Flags ruined Geauga Lake, and Cedar Fair was the nail in the coffin for Geauga Lake. I wish they could have found a way to keep it open. While you can't even compare Geauga Lake to Cedar Point when it came to thrills, it was one of those places that on a weekend night when you were bored, you could get in for a discount after 5PM and still ride every roller coaster multiple times.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,252 times
I am so glad that ohio no longer has one because I would without a doubt, stop whatever I was doing and put all of my energy and time into getting it shutdown.

The fact that Seaworld is still a company disgusts me and makes me wonder if the owner has a soul. It is one of,if not the most inhumane thing ever.

I am proud that i have never beeen to a seaworld and I feel sorry for anyone who has visited and In turn blindly supported the company and the barbaric treatment of such amazing creatures . It sickens me how sea world advertises itself as some magical place...

All I have to say is watch the movie Blackfish and then see if you're still sad the ohio seaworld isn't open.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:33 PM

220 posts, read 321,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebg024 View Post
I am so glad that ohio no longer has one because I would without a doubt, stop whatever I was doing and put all of my energy and time into getting it shutdown.

The fact that Seaworld is still a company disgusts me and makes me wonder if the owner has a soul. It is one of,if not the most inhumane thing ever.

I am proud that i have never beeen to a seaworld and I feel sorry for anyone who has visited and In turn blindly supported the company and the barbaric treatment of such amazing creatures . It sickens me how sea world advertises itself as some magical place...

All I have to say is watch the movie Blackfish and then see if you're still sad the ohio seaworld isn't open.
I have seen it and I agree with you, no whale or dolphin should ever be in captivity. They are not happier and they do not live longer. But though I'm glad the Sea World is closed, I'm still sad about Geauga Lake. Such a great park.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:59 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:

Quite honestly I'm more sad about the closing of Geauga Lake.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Quote:
Don't believe everything you see in the theater. Sea World denies and refutes the most damning assertions in that film.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:35 AM

1,046 posts, read 1,536,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
Don't believe everything you see in the theater. Sea World denies and refutes the most damning assertions in that film.
Ofcourse they do. The truth hurts their image. They have no choice but to deny the testimony of former trainers. I'm going to Orlando FL next month and will never support Sea World.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:26 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,177,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedRustbelt View Post
I have seen it and I agree with you, no whale or dolphin should ever be in captivity. They are not happier and they do not live longer. But though I'm glad the Sea World is closed, I'm still sad about Geauga Lake. Such a great park.
Well, that's what happens when you're bought out by your sole major competitor. You either become mega-profitable or they shut you down. It was quite clear from the onset that when Cedar Fair bought Geauga Lake, its days were numbered. They had no interest in sustaining 2 amusement parks within 80 miles of each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio