Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2023, 01:51 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbraybarten653 View Post
You can start a thread. You know Ohio has state and local government too, but if you want to talk Federal, then there are national forums. It will be interesting to see the people who vote for anti-government people, deregulation above all, and who voted against infrastructure weighing in on this issue.

So many clutched pearls...
>>> Its looking like the big government faction were the ones who **** the bed on this. The EPA was asleep at the wheel, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg was extremely slow to get involved in it and even make any statements. FEMA was left looking like they deliberately made things worse.
Sounds like they need to clean house on that end. I mean, damn, isn't there any branch of the government left that isn't completely incompetent? And to top it all off we have our air force shooting down weather balloons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2023, 06:07 AM

160 posts, read 87,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>> Its looking like the big government faction were the ones who **** the bed on this. The EPA was asleep at the wheel, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg was extremely slow to get involved in it and even make any statements. FEMA was left looking like they deliberately made things worse.
Sounds like they need to clean house on that end. I mean, damn, isn't there any branch of the government left that isn't completely incompetent? And to top it all off we have our air force shooting down weather balloons.

You can go to the national politics forum and join the rest of the AM radio, shout at the sky and tinfoil hat crowd there.

Not taking your silly bait.

Old 02-15-2023, 06:22 AM

140 posts, read 67,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRNorth View Post
Not sure of your stance on it, but there are already several posters from the right who are blaming this on the current administration (Federal) in many threads throughout the forum. If you think that is the case, I would be so interested in hearing why you think so. As someone who works in the area (government) and it has been brought up in discussions, it's the right and their voters locally who are more concerned with moving back to normal than dealing with the whys of what happened and making sure that things are PROPERLY done.
Still waiting for your response, Icy Tea. So far, the right has been a complete joke when it comes to this derailment. Governor DeWine himself even stated yesterday afternoon he didn't reach out to the Feds for any sort of assistance. I have seen first hand how incompetent the right has handled this. Locally and on the state level.

But Fox news is spewing what now? The right is a big joke all day, everyday.

Old 02-15-2023, 06:28 AM

469 posts, read 434,367 times
IMO someone should start a new thread on the E. Palestine train derailment. This thread is about a graduate student seeking guidance on attending / living near YSU…and who has since chosen WVU and left the building.

Old 02-15-2023, 09:20 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Quote:
Still waiting for your response, Icy Tea. So far, the right has been a complete joke when it comes to this derailment. Governor DeWine himself even stated yesterday afternoon he didn't reach out to the Feds for any sort of assistance. I have seen first hand how incompetent the right has handled this. Locally and on the state level.

So it's the right who are being alarmist and not doing anything to handle the situation? You have the EPA that did nothing, FEMA who did nothing, Buttigieg who did nothing, Biden whodid nothing and now we're supposed to give them the chance to handle the situation because they're so concerned about the environment and safety?
And who owns a big stake in Norfolk Southern? America's favorite deepstate carpet baggers, Blackrock.
I might add that railroad workers were striking for safer working conditions and got nothing but lip service from congress, Biden and their own unions. Now I'll wait for your responce.

Old 02-15-2023, 09:27 AM

Quote:
So it's the right who are being alarmist and not doing anything to handle the situation? You have the EPA that did nothing, FEMA who did nothing, Buttigieg who did nothing, Biden whodid nothing and now we're supposed to give them the chance to handle the situation because they're so concerned about the environment and safety?
And who owns a big stake in Norfolk Southern? America's favorite deepstate carpet baggers, Blackrock.
I might add that railroad workers were striking for safer working conditions and got nothing but lip service from congress, Biden and their own unions. Now I'll wait for your responce.
The right is doing nothing. I work in economic development. They are doing damage control for NS!

What part are you missing? Governor DeWine was offered help from the FEDS (he even admitted this yesterday in his press conference), but went on to say that he didn't feel a need to have further phone conversations with the Biden administration. That says it all right there. I actually work in the county that the accident took place in. The Republican leadership is a joke here just like it is on the State and Federal levels. Where are you in relation to this? Are you on the ground dealing with the local representatives that are trying to minimize the impact?

What about Trump?

A rule was passed under President Barack Obama that made it a requirement for trains carrying hazardous flammable materials to have alert systems, but this was rescinded in 2017 by the Trump administration. The industry said it would cost more than $3 billion to implement. The FRA under Obama said it would be around half a billion.

Keep getting your updates from Tucker Carlson.

Old 02-15-2023, 11:57 AM

Quote:

Wow, you just have to keep inserting something irrelevant to this thread.

Catch up before puking your script.

https://apnews.com/article/wv-state-...80f1ef014c7ca7

https://fortune.com/2018/09/24/train...ump-officials/

The governor called out Vance for his crap too.

Old 02-16-2023, 08:13 AM

654 posts, read 631,633 times
Quote:

You consider "I follow the COVID narrative in lockstep DeWine" as the right?? That's a joke. This guy put more restrictions on his state than any other "Republican" governor. He even had a daily news conference during the entire operation to amp up the fear.

Old 02-16-2023, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaubleau View Post
You consider "I follow the COVID narrative in lockstep DeWine" as the right?? That's a joke. This guy put more restrictions on his state than any other "Republican" governor. He even had a daily news conference during the entire operation to amp up the fear.
Let us go back and read what exactly was posted thus far... mentioning DeWine with regard to Republican leadership and the Federal government not assisting the state with the derailment. What does COVID even have to do with the conversation that has been had?

That narrative that Federal government is doing nothing is false because DeWine did not ask the Federal government for any assistance thinking the State of Ohio could handle it on their own. Too many right wingers whining and complaining that there is no help from the Feds and very little reporting has been made on the topic - since day one outlets across the country were reporting on it. Another false narrative by Fox News to get their viewers up in arms.

There are plenty of other (Ohio) Republicans who make up for DeWine's "lack" of Republican tendencies that have completely failed their constituents.

Old 02-16-2023, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaubleau View Post

It's Republican governor, not "Republican" governor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio