Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 06:27 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,092,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
And its amazing to me the overwhelming majority of black voters in Cuyahoga county voted for more of the same crap. Democrats have done nothing for blacks the past 8+ yrs .
They just don't know what's good for them, huh? You know, they should vote GOP, the party that decided that the Voting Rights Act needed to be watered down, the party that white nationalists find a home in, the party that claims inner cities are violent because of racial minorities. Yeah, clearly so much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 06:35 PM

14 posts, read 13,707 times
State should decide on topics such as these. I believe both political parties have been abusing federal power on social issues such as abortion, healthcare. Federal government is never the answer in these issues.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:53 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,379,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
They just don't know what's good for them, huh? You know, they should vote GOP, the party that decided that the Voting Rights Act needed to be watered down, the party that white nationalists find a home in, the party that claims inner cities are violent because of racial minorities. Yeah, clearly so much better.
Blacks are not better off after 8 yrs of obama. Poverty has increased in black communities in cities like cleveland.
No one has lost voting rights. Thats a lie!
And black on black crime is a real problem in the inner citirles of America. Do you deny this?
And fyi. The democratic party is the party who wanted slavery and fueled the kkk.
A Short History of Democrats, Republicans, and Racism

Old 02-27-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Blacks are not better off after 8 yrs of obama. Poverty has increased in black communities in cities like cleveland.
No one has lost voting rights. Thats a lie!
And black on black crime is a real problem in the inner citirles of America. Do you deny this?
And fyi. The democratic party is the party who wanted slavery and fueled the kkk.
A Short History of Democrats, Republicans, and Racism
The recession hit some demographics worse than others. Obama didn't cause the recession, and by all objective standards, conditions nationally improved drastically from the point he took office. That doesn't mean everyone's personal circumstances improved or that every demographic experienced the same level of recovery, but presidents aren't responsible for fixing every individual's financial security. They can't micromanage like that, which was what was so funny about Trump voters believing he was going to solve their economic problems- especially in the nutty idea that he could restore manufacturing back to its peak.

Republicans in some states have actually done everything they can to restrict voting access to racial minorities, such as North Carolina. A conservative-leaning SCOTUS gutted the VRA.

White on white crime is a real problem too. In literally every demographic, most people are victims of crimes committed by members of the same racial demographic. Why are only black people criticized for something that is also true for all other groups?

Why is what happened 150 years ago relevant in 2017? The parties largely reversed their stances on race issues beginning as far back as the 1920s and was completed during the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s. You know, when all those southern, racist Democrats joined the GOP. The Republicans of 100 years ago are Democrats today and vice-versa. This is common knowledge.

We're getting way off-topic here. I still want someone to answer who protects people from discrimination- such as transgender- by the state if the federal level shouldn't/can't do it?

Old 02-27-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickslinger View Post
State should decide on topics such as these. I believe both political parties have been abusing federal power on social issues such as abortion, healthcare. Federal government is never the answer in these issues.
What prevents the state from abusing power? Why are states automatically better at dealing with social issues than the federal government? Isn't history full of examples where the feds had to step in to stop a state from legislating discrimination, particularly during the segregation era? How about mixed-race marriage? Gay marriage? A woman's right to vote? Explain to me how all of these were solved by the states alone.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
The recession hit some demographics worse than others. Obama didn't cause the recession, and by all objective standards, conditions nationally improved drastically from the point he took office. That doesn't mean everyone's personal circumstances improved or that every demographic experienced the same level of recovery, but presidents aren't responsible for fixing every individual's financial security. They can't micromanage like that, which was what was so funny about Trump voters believing he was going to solve their economic problems- especially in the nutty idea that he could restore manufacturing back to its peak.

Republicans in some states have actually done everything they can to restrict voting access to racial minorities, such as North Carolina. A conservative-leaning SCOTUS gutted the VRA.

White on white crime is a real problem too. In literally every demographic, most people are victims of crimes committed by members of the same racial demographic. Why are only black people criticized for something that is also true for all other groups?

Why is what happened 150 years ago relevant in 2017? The parties largely reversed their stances on race issues beginning as far back as the 1920s and was completed during the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s. You know, when all those southern, racist Democrats joined the GOP. The Republicans of 100 years ago are Democrats today and vice-versa. This is common knowledge.

We're getting way off-topic here. I still want someone to answer who protects people from discrimination- such as transgender- by the state if the federal level shouldn't/can't do it?
5 Devastating Facts About Black-on-Black Crime - Breitbart
Is this what you consider diminished voting rights? If so, how is asking someone to provide a picture id or drivers license to vote discrimination? I provide my drivers licence When i vote in ohio. Or did i mis understand your point?
https://www.google.com/amp/www.vox.c...-voting-rights

Old 02-27-2017, 10:42 AM

1,895 posts, read 1,449,481 times
Quote:
Is this what you consider diminished voting rights? If so, how is asking someone to provide a picture id or drivers license to vote discrimination? I provide my drivers licence When i vote in ohio. Or did i mis understand your point?

You know, people don't consider Breitbart a legit source, right?

Old 02-27-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
You know, people don't consider Breitbart a legit source, right?
There are plenty of liberal news articles that have the same statistics. Take your pick

Old 02-27-2017, 02:18 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,105,816 times
Quote:
I am all for listening to others' perspectives and having mature conversations about political and social issues but please hold yourself to a higher intellectual standard than Breitbart.

For the record I would call out a liberal person for using the equivalent i.e. Huffington Post or Occupy Democrats.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:03 PM

14,699 posts, read 14,674,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickslinger View Post
Why? We are one country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio