Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 02:41 PM

976 posts, read 3,860,210 times

Advertisements

Well welcome to the forum. Bucyrus is a nice town of about 14,000 people. Its not far from bigger cities like Marion, Ohio and Columbus is about two hours away. I personally would look into Columbus or Findlay, Ohio. Findlay is like Bucyrus just a little bigger. If you need more information just ask. BTW, where are you moving from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2006, 07:18 PM

14 posts, read 113,486 times
I was born and raised in Ohio (Akron), but have lived in California for the last 30 years. Now that I'm getting close to retirement I'm starting to consider my options, one of which is buying a home in Ohio. I'm thinking about the Cuyahoga Falls area. I'd like to stay in California, but it's becoming so Mexicanized that I feel like I'm in a foreign country.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:41 PM
HAS

106 posts, read 592,921 times
Smile Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanshon
Hi, my name is NANCY and in the year to come of 07, I and my 4 kid's are moving to OHIO. We don't know any one there but GOD The town we'll stay is BUCYRUS. I don't have a job lined up yet but is of now doing my home work to try and get that accomplished, any recommendations out there? We are a black american race and love all races. I don't even know my way around out there but hopefully I'll get aquainted with some good friends whom are like myself. All friends and responses are welcome.

Good luck, and welcome to OH! I'm not really sure where your town is located, but I'm sure you'll find good neighbors to help you out with everything!

Old 08-12-2006, 04:56 AM

22 posts, read 116,043 times
I loved Ohio when I lived there. we liked it so much that weve been trying to get back there for 3 yrs now(we are military). I only know about dayton School system and yes it was very bad (read my other posts).
If you stay out of the big cities youll find that the small towns offer such a beautiful way of life yet close to the larger towns if you need something.
I cant wait til we get to retire because id love to settle into a small town like Yellow Springs! That little town just tugs at your heart!

Old 08-12-2006, 08:27 AM

4 posts, read 12,848 times
Hello, we so appreciate your response. We are moving from HOUSTON due to we all needing a change. There are no jobs here and the kids get invovled with the wrong kind of friends as well as family. We are not not sure yet what small town we are moving to but we don't want to be to far away from larger parts of the city where I hope to land a decent job. How ever as of now I am just doing some research on things before we get there and people like your self make a big difference by telling us what you know thanks again.

Old 08-12-2006, 08:44 AM

976 posts, read 3,860,210 times
I remember telling you about Findlay and Bowling Green. They are nice bigger towns of about 17,000. I think they would be perfect for you. They are in NW Ohio about and hour from Toledo and about 3 hours from Columbus. If you need anymore information please just ask.

Old 08-16-2006, 02:15 PM

1 posts, read 3,932 times
Hi CWarner
I lived in Edison Ohio when I was a kid.To date population is 452.I miss the small town living and I also miss Edison. Check it out.

Old 08-17-2006, 02:13 PM

22 posts, read 116,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianneB View Post
Hi Everyone. I am moving to Ohio as soon as I can get my house in FL sold. We are buying in either Kettering, Centerville or Beavercreek (in those areas) - just south of Cincinatti. We are starting a new business there so I can't wait to get up there and get going! I was born in Kettering so it's like going home - great schools! Great people! I've spent a lot of time there during summers, etc. Seems like everytime we go to Ohio we end up having to attend a funneral though
I can't wait to get there though! FL just doesn't do it anymore. To many wierdo's.
Marianne
Those areas are north of cincy sweetie

Old 08-21-2006, 11:43 AM

9 posts, read 29,945 times
I don't know much about ohio and am from the west coast....but my brother lived in Florence Kentucky ( which is a short distance to Cincinatti, Ohio ) and I really liked it and so did he.

Old 08-23-2006, 10:35 PM

7 posts, read 22,555 times
I grew up in a SMALL town of Huron, Ohio. I saw Cedar Point (amusement park) was mentioned....in Sandusky Ohio. It's close to Sandusky. I graduated HS with about 110 people. Our whole HS had about 500. Pretty small-but a great place to grow up! Huron is located in between Toledo & Cleveland on the lake-lake Erie. Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio