Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 07:52 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,498,163 times

Advertisements

Are you looking for anything in particular? Job, theater, relaxation...? Montpelier, in the northwest corner has served us really well for the last 29 years. An hour from small city activities in Toledo, Fort Wayne, and Lima. Three hours from Chicago, Cleveland, and Columbus, Less than 4 from Cincy, two hours from Detroit and Windsor. Small town feel (4300 residents) but a wide variety of activities in the area. Community theater (including musical theater) groups and a variety of churches to choose from. The drinking water has been voted the best (or near the top) numerous times since 1998. Sure, we have our problems, but every place does. It all depends on your attitude. Check us out...http://www.montpelieroh.net/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2006, 06:16 PM

16 posts, read 96,867 times
Thanks for the info! I sooo appreciate it! I will check out your towns website. Of course, everyplace has it's issues...you are correct, it is all in one's attitude. And I am no way going into this with rosecolored glasses. I know there is no "perfect" place. It is all in what you make of it.

Thanks again for the tips...

Old 04-03-2006, 06:19 PM

16 posts, read 96,867 times
Hi Kristine! Your Kenton sounds great, I've never heard of it, but will check it out on the web. I appreciate you sharing. It sounds like it may be what I'm looking for....I have no kids, but am still interested in being involved in the community/church....the amish community sounds great too. I have always wanted to visit some area where they live and work...

I will check it out...thanks again and have a great day!

Old 04-05-2006, 03:33 PM

2 posts, read 12,504 times
Default Every thought of Southern OHIO?

Southern Ohio is beautiful and the weather is usually nice. We don't get the storms like northern Ohio. Some of the towns are bigger than others. Chillicothe is growing and is close enough to Columbus for city life and even to work if necessary. Waverly Ohio is smaller, not as many jobs. Many people commutes to work.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 5,457 times
Don't move to Ohio! Unless you live in Michigan, Indiana, or Illinois. I don't know why anyone would MOVE to Ohio. The weather sucks! The jobs are among the lowest paying in the country, the cost of living is rising every day, and the government, well, ranked 50, or close to it, and I heard today that our educational system was ranked around 42!!
The old days of everyone moving to Ohio for the jobs are long gone....The jobs are in China now.
I stumbled onto this website because I was trying to compare Ohio to South Carolina. Seems that jobs, cost of living, etc... are pretty comparable-but the WEATHER DOESN'T SUCK there!!! Anyone from the south? Is the grass really greener down there??

Old 04-10-2006, 09:52 PM

1 posts, read 5,456 times
Do you by any chance think that the new fuel using corn as their base can replace some of the deficit. I remember rows and rows of cornfields when i was growing up. It seems like with the acres and acres of rested agricultural land that it should be useful. ?????

Old 04-19-2006, 02:12 PM

976 posts, read 3,859,926 times
cwarner i saw you were also looking into Michigan. Dont move there!! Michigan has a very high crime rate the unemployment rate is out the roof. Ohio is a great state to live in that offers many oppurtunities. Good luck with whatever you find. I moved to Ohio from Pennsylvania and it was one of the best decisions of my life. Good Luck.

Old 04-21-2006, 07:59 PM

1 posts, read 5,447 times
I live in Kalida Ohio. It is a small farming community in Putnam County North of Dayton. I live about 20 minutes from Lima Ohio and about the same from Defiance Ohio. Plus Fort Wayne is Only about 45 minutes from here. I love the area. Plus I am only 5-7 minutes away from Ottawa which has a ymca, walmart, fast food and tons more retail stores. Nothing fancy but just enought that you dont have to go far for small things. I have lived here and year and just to let you know how friendly people are, We have become good friends with 4 of our neighbor familys. I dont know how old you are but we are a young couple yet we hang out with the older groups and we get along great. If you want to know more you can email me at terriespencer@yahoo.com.

Terrie

Old 04-30-2006, 02:49 PM

2 posts, read 8,976 times
I lived in Swanton Ohio for years. Its a great little town,near the Mich. line

Old 05-01-2006, 03:23 AM

11 posts, read 39,022 times
I also am looking to relocate. I have been in the Akron-Cleveland area for too long and want to go south. I am a live in caregiver, and the person I care for also wants to relocate. The problem is finding something like AMHA is in Akron, because of med bills and such funds are stretched pretty good! Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

And I happen to like Ohio, Thank You very much, even with it's problems!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio