Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 06:50 PM

35 posts, read 62,832 times

Advertisements

nobody is retiring, that is a bunch of crap.. they are just using up some terminal leave if anything. no one leaves anymore................

Old 03-31-2009, 07:47 PM

335 posts, read 748,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankydoodle View Post
nobody is retiring, that is a bunch of crap.. they are just using up some terminal leave if anything. no one leaves anymore................
i guess i am seeing things then -_- . If i am saying they are leaving then they are. I am not saying i am seeing 50 guys in one day. But at least 5 each day add up. And its kind of odd.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:12 PM

372 posts, read 831,302 times
who knows what the hell is going on...wouldnt you think senior would stay this year esp. for layoffs there mouths are watering for the charts and the 4hrs of baskets after there routes.....in the very short time ive been on this job ive realized nothing ever makes sense lol...and i hear the mlp after relays came from doherty but why would the commisioner of dsny be telling us to do more with less and give us mroe work??? i never see fdny or nypd do this they are crying publicly about cutting companies and reducing houses from 5 to 4 guys and nypd is crying about no january class and not enuff guys to keep the crime down... so why isnt doherty crying saying the streets are not gonna get cleaned nd garbage is not gonna get picked up if there are layoffss????

Old 03-31-2009, 10:18 PM

372 posts, read 831,302 times
sounds like people are really trying to change this job and i dont know why---honestly what ever we do, we make it look easier then it really is the city has no idea what there doing here...today i took my time and styed out all nite and dumped at 11pm took my breaks and give them 10.9 tht 10.9 felt like 4 tons lmao and then just last week when i ran it up we did 10.3 nd i was like i think we did 13 lol get what im saying time to show doherty nd the rest of the city dont mess with us cuz it will just cost you more money,(less productivity nd maybe no layoffs)

Old 03-31-2009, 10:55 PM

231 posts, read 466,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcals View Post
sounds like people are really trying to change this job and i dont know why---honestly what ever we do, we make it look easier then it really is the city has no idea what there doing here...today i took my time and styed out all nite and dumped at 11pm took my breaks and give them 10.9 tht 10.9 felt like 4 tons lmao and then just last week when i ran it up we did 10.3 nd i was like i think we did 13 lol get what im saying time to show doherty nd the rest of the city dont mess with us cuz it will just cost you more money,(less productivity nd maybe no layoffs)
If your gonna stay out, then stay out. Dont dump on shift. Staying out doesnt create jobs, though it helps with the dump times. Not dumping creates jobs and if anything overtime. Top guys getting overtime consistently at a higher rate will hurt the city's pockets and bottom line. And if senoir guys dont want the OT, then you get it. 3 hrs of OT for a bottom guy comes out to around $75, as opposed to $5 for dumpoing on shift. If you get the OT, hand your partner a $5 bill as a thank you.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:13 AM

6 posts, read 12,981 times
In my district as of today after your done cleaning your route on collection your doing MLP, besides all the relay shifts. If this doesn't slow anyone down, I don't think anything will.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:57 AM

231 posts, read 466,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayToTheVee View Post
In my district as of today after your done cleaning your route on collection your doing MLP, besides all the relay shifts. If this doesn't slow anyone down, I don't think anything will.
What boro?

Old 04-01-2009, 09:44 AM

253 posts, read 540,909 times
[SIZE=5]Administrator[/SIZE]
Administrator

2,198 posts, read 466,852 times

DSNY Sanitation Test 6063/Job Discussion, Pt. 2

[+] Rate this post positively

Got the ADMIN to post the new thread on the old one..... THANKS ADMIN YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-01-2009, 01:25 PM

473 posts, read 933,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJU2000 View Post
If your gonna stay out, then stay out. Dont dump on shift. Staying out doesnt create jobs, though it helps with the dump times. Not dumping creates jobs and if anything overtime. Top guys getting overtime consistently at a higher rate will hurt the city's pockets and bottom line. And if senoir guys dont want the OT, then you get it. 3 hrs of OT for a bottom guy comes out to around $75, as opposed to $5 for dumpoing on shift. If you get the OT, hand your partner a $5 bill as a thank you.
A comment like that, one would think you like overtime

Old 04-01-2009, 01:39 PM

21 posts, read 48,445 times
Welcome back everyone....wow.

Thread withdrawal syndrome....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City