Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:58 AM

43,668 posts, read 44,406,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
They're likely looking to put pressure on the US.gov from supporting, arming and funding the Israeli genocide.
The only genocide is the one that Hamas wants of Israelis and Jews worldwide.

Quote:
Sure, Israel was attacked first on Oct 7.
What about Oct 6? Oct 5? Oct 4? Oct 3?
Rockets falling on Israel from Gaza has been going for years. Israelis have been injured and hurt by Hamas and other extremists terrorist organizations for years. So how far back do you want to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I agree. Hamas, the military, is using their regular citizenry to use as "human shields". They hide behind them, fire off munitions, and if anyone fires back, they cry that non-combatants are being targeted. What needs to happen, is the "everyday citizens" have to crush Hamas, by themselves......
Exactly!

Old Yesterday, 05:03 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Quote:
Sure, Israel was attacked first on Oct 7.
What about Oct 6? Oct 5? Oct 4? Oct 3?

Opinion:

Yes. Agree.
On a smaller scale America had it's Hatfield and the McCoy 1863-1891 Feud.
When does it stop ?

How many days, years,decades and centuries must we travel back to atrocities.

Lives lost. For Religion? For Power ? etc......
Like I said. I understand the reasons but I will never understand why.

War is Hell.

Last edited by Mr.Retired; Yesterday at 05:19 AM..

Old Yesterday, 05:15 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
This is not about how may people have been killed. It's about eliminating a long standing and ongoing threat. That threat is hiding behind it's civilians. The Israelis have to go through the civilians to get to Hamas. This is directly by the plans of Hamas and Iran.

Opinion:

I can never justify the killing of innocent people to rid the bad.

Should the same tactic be applied to countries that are killing Americans by
the thousands because of illegal drugs.

Brazil, Columbia,Honduras ?

Makes no sense.

War is Hell.

Old Yesterday, 06:04 AM

5,826 posts, read 2,948,440 times
Weak and stupid get slaughtered. Has been going on since the start of human race.
The strong always win.

Old Yesterday, 07:11 AM

3,208 posts, read 1,671,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Weak and stupid get slaughtered. Has been going on since the start of human race.
The strong always win.
Weak and stupid gets protected while the strong will always have to protect and serve. That's how things are today.

Old Yesterday, 08:11 AM

6,454 posts, read 3,150,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Weak and stupid gets protected while the strong will always have to protect and serve. That's how things are today.
Sad, but true.........

With respect to the situation in Israel, I can remember for as long as I was an age where I could understand the newspapers and TV news, that there ALWAYS seems to be some sort of "conflict" going on, over there, and I'm in my 70s, so I've seen a lot of it. And as "Mr. Retired" has said, it appears to be nothing more that a "Hatfield vs. McCoy" situation, in that there's no rational reason for this, other than, "We don't like them"....

I did a quick bit of research, in an attempt to apply some logic to this, and here's what I came up with. Looking at land area, Israel is 92% the size of New Jersey, with 105% of the population of New Jersey, and for some additional perspective, NJ is #47, in the US, in terms of land area. In other words, NJ isn't all that large, yet on the other side of the world, there has been continuous fighting over that small of a sliver of land for centuries....and the world may wind up in WWIII over such an insignificant piece of real estate!!

Old Yesterday, 08:41 AM
KCZ

4,676 posts, read 3,669,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
The strong always win.

And the strong only become stronger when they get billions in foreign aid for their military.

Old Yesterday, 10:17 AM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
I don't want to turn this into the drug war thread, but you went there, so I feel the need to address that.

The vast majority of people killed due to drugs and/or the illegal drug business are directly culpable in their own deaths, either through taking drugs and overdosing, or by participating in the drug trade. The drug producers and traffickers outside of the country are giving their 'victims' exactly what they want, in doing business with them. There are some "collateral" deaths, but this are more attributable to the local actors in the drug trade. As such, I don't see this as a good analogy to what's happing in Gaza.

In the October 7 attack, the victims were completely innocent, and by crossing the boarder and attacking innocent civilians unprovoked, they became an immediate existential threat to Israel. This put Israel in the position of having to eliminate Hamas to ensure it's own viability. Of course Hamas then crawled into it's hidey holes under hospitals and schools, knowing that Israel would have to kill Palestinian civilians to get to them. They wanted the civilian casualties to happen, because they know weak minded westerners would be horrified and turn on Israel. This is exactly what happened. As such the culpability for the civilian deaths in Gaza goes to Hamas for intentionally creating the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion:

I can never justify the killing of innocent people to rid the bad.

Should the same tactic be applied to countries that are killing Americans by
the thousands because of illegal drugs.

Brazil, Columbia,Honduras ?

Makes no sense.

War is Hell.

Old Yesterday, 10:20 AM

11,638 posts, read 12,709,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
And the strong only become stronger when they get billions in foreign aid for their military.
Or use it with their brain power and hard work to develop technology that is used worldwide, such as desalination, cell phones, colonscopes, just for starters. As opposed to the other side who also got billions of aid and they used it to build tunnels and weapons in order to destroy their neighbors who repeatedly requested normalization, offers to help them develop technology, and peace. The Saudis and the UAE, members of the younger generation, have decided that they would like to join the tech bandwagon too and become part of the 21st century as opposed to a feudal society from the dark ages.

Old Yesterday, 10:20 AM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
Small and insignificant are two vastly different things. Note that this little sliver of land is of huge significance to the religions of likely the majority of the world's population (4-5 billion people.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Sad, but true.........

With respect to the situation in Israel, I can remember for as long as I was an age where I could understand the newspapers and TV news, that there ALWAYS seems to be some sort of "conflict" going on, over there, and I'm in my 70s, so I've seen a lot of it. And as "Mr. Retired" has said, it appears to be nothing more that a "Hatfield vs. McCoy" situation, in that there's no rational reason for this, other than, "We don't like them"....

I did a quick bit of research, in an attempt to apply some logic to this, and here's what I came up with. Looking at land area, Israel is 92% the size of New Jersey, with 105% of the population of New Jersey, and for some additional perspective, NJ is #47, in the US, in terms of land area. In other words, NJ isn't all that large, yet on the other side of the world, there has been continuous fighting over that small of a sliver of land for centuries....and the world may wind up in WWIII over such an insignificant piece of real estate!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: