Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2024, 05:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,878 times

Advertisements

New Thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2024, 06:12 AM

187 posts, read 304,843 times
Make sure to post a link of this new thread in the 0530 thread. That way, all new posts will be redirected here and that thread can be closed out.

Old 04-06-2024, 08:49 AM

11 posts, read 13,545 times
The last piece of information that was posted on the other thread was that there is going to be a supv class going in next month. Does anybody have more details- class size, more specific dates, etc?

Old 04-06-2024, 11:14 AM

131 posts, read 125,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refuse-Engineer View Post
The last piece of information that was posted on the other thread was that there is going to be a supv class going in next month. Does anybody have more details- class size, more specific dates, etc?
No, it’s just a rumor at this point that’s gaining steam because people that work at FBF are saying they are expecting a May class. Combine that with the rumor coming from high up downtown that the list would be done by the end of this month, it could make sense. It definitely would not be before Monday 5/6, that I can say, it’s just not feasible. Typically a first supervisor class off a list is about 50 names or so, but nobody has any idea. We should get a better idea in a few weeks.

Old 04-14-2024, 06:45 PM

About when do you think the list should be published by? Getting pretty close to May...

Old 04-15-2024, 08:06 AM

Quote:
About when do you think the list should be published by? Getting pretty close to May...
In 2020 the list was published 5/27 and the class went in on 6/8. So use that as your barometer.

Old 04-15-2024, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMQ1090 View Post
In 2020 the list was published 5/27 and the class went in on 6/8. So use that as your barometer.
Wow didn't realize they gave such little notice. Thanks for the info.

Old 04-15-2024, 11:15 AM

187 posts, read 304,843 times
Do you guys think this current situation of the Commissioner extending night plow because of negotiations with Nespoli will have an affect on a Supervisor class going in anytime soon?

Old 04-15-2024, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuptS View Post
Do you guys think this current situation of the Commissioner extending night plow because of negotiations with Nespoli will have an affect on a Supervisor class going in anytime soon?
From what I understand and have been told at my district is that the extension is a result of the commissioner wanting the trucks to go 5-1 right away as opposed to the summer. So Harry is trying to use that as a bargainingship to get more trucks off the midnight shift and back days. If she won't play ball then the trucks stay 6-2 until the summer months like previously agreed upon. Not sure how true that information is, but it's what has been told to us. Didn't hear anything about it affecting a supervisor class.

Old 04-15-2024, 02:24 PM

Quote:
From what I understand and have been told at my district is that the extension is a result of the commissioner wanting the trucks to go 5-1 right away as opposed to the summer. So Harry is trying to use that as a bargainingship to get more trucks off the midnight shift and back days. If she won't play ball then the trucks stay 6-2 until the summer months like previously agreed upon. Not sure how true that information is, but it's what has been told to us. Didn't hear anything about it affecting a supervisor class.
That is exactly true, and ironically enough my shop steward just texted us that 5-1 is coming Monday 4/22 so I guess they finally came to an agreement. Looks like possibly less trucks 12-8 than last summer in my district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City