Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:58 PM

25 posts, read 42,255 times

Advertisements

Hi there! There’s a set of these statues in front of a business that I’m pretty sure is right next to a restaurant in Brooklyn. Does anyone recognize them? Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for the location of this Brooklyn statue!-a3f0a536-7132-49b3-9120-2ed13d6a136b.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM

218 posts, read 108,480 times
This is somebody's house dude.. You're a hitman or what? LOL

Old Yesterday, 02:06 PM

It’s not someone’s house! It’s 100% at a business. There’s one on each side of the entrance. A friend used to live in the area and sent me pictures of this particular statue all the time. I’m going to be there for work and thought it would be funny to send pictures of me with the statue, but I don’t want to ask him specifically where it is because he’ll see it coming

Old Yesterday, 02:50 PM

1,098 posts, read 575,691 times
I think those are guardian lions and pretty common outside houses that belong to Chinese people.

maybe you can try getting the metadata of the photo sent to you to find the location.

https://photoinvestigator.co/blog/fi...from-messages/

Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM

Thanks! I’ll give that a try. I was just hopeful someone recognized the photo! I want to say he had mentioned it was a law office or… maybe tax prep.. definitely an office. Anyway, there’s a lot happening in the area so it’s hard to locate!

Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM

1,098 posts, read 575,691 times
It would be hard to figure it out because lions are common and there's nothing else of note in the photo. Do you know the general area?

Here's an example of some lions in Brooklyn
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6129...5409&entry=ttu

Old Yesterday, 03:05 PM

I’m pretty sure just north of Prospect Park. I wish I knew more! I’m almost certain there was a restaurant to the immediate left and… yep… not very helpful!

Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM

218 posts, read 108,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingto... View Post
It’s not someone’s house! It’s 100% at a business. There’s one on each side of the entrance. A friend used to live in the area and sent me pictures of this particular statue all the time. I’m going to be there for work and thought it would be funny to send pictures of me with the statue, but I don’t want to ask him specifically where it is because he’ll see it coming
I'm almost 100% sure that this is a house because of those metal gates that a lot of Chinese people like to use for their houses. This also looks like it'd be a house somewhere on 8th avenue in Sunset Park. You have a different picture that zooms out of that lion a little bit or nah?

Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM

12,162 posts, read 6,378,645 times
I used Google reverse image search but nothing came up.

Oh there were tons of the exact same cheap Chinese lion statue, but I couldn't find the exact photo or something sourced to a NY restaurant.

Sorry.

Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM

Unfortunately, every other photo is closer and either includes my friends face, a sandwich, etc I’m pretty sure it’s on a main road near a corner. Ha ha… I assumed this would be a stretch, but I’m trying!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City