Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 11:13 AM

2,311 posts, read 957,554 times

Advertisements

If I take the FDR to go to cross the 59th St bridge, will I be impacted?
I have to cut through a few avenues to get from FDR onto the bridge, so I'm guessing that I will be paying a toll for essentially driving a few blocks in the toll zone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2024, 12:32 PM

35,018 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Everyone has to budget!
You chose to live and/ or work here. You don't want to deal with what the MTA does, pack up the car and move away where the MTA doesn't have jurisdiction on your life.
I need to use the subways. I don't need to fund gold-plated stations that are approximately doube the length of the trains (think the so-called Second Avenue Line), the grossly over-estimate and over-time Grand Central Madison (something closer to the original proposal that was sold to us would have been fine) or the next boondoggle, the "extension" of the New Haven Line from New Rochelle to Penn, which will cost $23 billion for what Amtrak already does every day. I'm sorry but not everyone is wealthy.

Old 03-13-2024, 12:58 PM

2,438 posts, read 1,215,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I need to use the subways. I don't need to fund gold-plated stations that are approximately doube the length of the trains (think the so-called Second Avenue Line), the grossly over-estimate and over-time Grand Central Madison (something closer to the original proposal that was sold to us would have been fine) or the next boondoggle, the "extension" of the New Haven Line from New Rochelle to Penn, which will cost $23 billion for what Amtrak already does every day. I'm sorry but not everyone is wealthy.
Clean, safe, and reliable. That should always be the goal. Not how much money can we blow on station design. GCM, Fulton St. 2nd Ave. wasted $

Old 03-13-2024, 01:11 PM

5,806 posts, read 2,936,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
If I take the FDR to go to cross the 59th St bridge, will I be impacted?
I have to cut through a few avenues to get from FDR onto the bridge, so I'm guessing that I will be paying a toll for essentially driving a few blocks in the toll zone.
The amount of traffic generated by cars that are avoiding this toll will be legendary. There will be a. Lot of angry drivers and violence will follow.

Old 03-13-2024, 01:40 PM

10,067 posts, read 14,940,669 times
I was told the side highways will not have this ridiculous toll, but in Google Street View… I’ll let the printscreens do all the talking.

First, the cameras that will be charging the tolls on Park Avenue looks like this.

Oh, what is this in the FDR near the 60th Street? They may not charge the toll on the FDR, but as long those cameras are there I see it as a threat. Like they are going to wait once the murmur subsides and them, bam they start the charging galore.

Old 03-13-2024, 02:09 PM

19 posts, read 13,780 times
How are people going to get their Instacart deliveries. A lot of orders come from stores in Queens LIC area. lol

Old 03-13-2024, 03:03 PM

5,665 posts, read 2,606,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
You take the subway so why are you worried about tolls.

Old 03-13-2024, 03:04 PM

5,665 posts, read 2,606,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes_Im_Awesome View Post
How are people going to get their Instacart deliveries. A lot of orders come from stores in Queens LIC area. lol
Oh I see people walking across the bridges from Manhattan to the Bronx doing Instacart. Pushing wagons, even carts.

Old 03-13-2024, 04:13 PM

8,679 posts, read 11,073,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Are they originally from LI?
Queens & Brooklyn.

Old 03-13-2024, 04:40 PM

107 posts, read 47,176 times
Pretty soon the toll zone will be anything area south of 96 ST. then it will be all of Manhattan, then it will include all boros. All in the name of congestion. Pay just for the privilege of driving in this beautiful city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City