Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2024, 02:40 PM

3,352 posts, read 1,242,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
He's wrong on every level. First of all I really dislike when people say Asians, because Asia is a diverse continent
Ya'll really are talking about the Chinese so lets start there
If Bugsy is so right, show me in NYC where Japanese are "living in cramped apartments and or in same disadvantaged or low income (even busted) areas as blacks or Latinos/Hispanics."
Ya'll can't be serious
Sadly I think ya'll are
You can hate it all you want but Asia is a continent and people from there are Asian. Not sure why facts ruffle your feathers so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2024, 02:45 PM

3,352 posts, read 1,242,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeentt View Post
Good point but i'll add that there have been thrivin black societies that were sunk due to racist notions and supremacy... during segregation the black wall street thrived and one town over, it was desolate, no jobs no promise.. so the racists who had just returned from the war and were now disillusioned went and burned it down.. why should those blacks do better than us? same way they snatched Seneca vlillage to make it centrl park. there are SOOOOOOO many instances of people who have less than black folk trying to destroy those communities.

when you are born into a system that tells you by its actions that youre less than nothing then its hard to escape that when your schools are underfunded, when LE treats you and your kids differently from Todd and his kids... your child goes to jail for an offense Todd's child just gets a talkin to about... the institutionalized racism persists and people pretend otherwise.

immigrants thrive here because they did not grow up with the pressure that black americans do. southern trailer park folks feel theyre above black folks because theyre white. even though they might be dirty poor without 2 pennies to r ub together.. but they know the system in which we live assigns them more value thn black people... and they end up voting against their own interest simply because they dont want black or brown citizens or foreigners to have it.. whatever it is..
Immigrants thrive here because they see opportunity they didn't have in their home country and take advantage of it. If someone born here can't do better than a person who comes over here not even speaking the language and usually dead broke bc they want to harp on atrocities from ages ago they're the ones holding themselves back not institutional racism.

Imagine letting mostly long dead racists hold you back in 2024 rather than making something of yourself. Great way to go through life.

Old 01-24-2024, 03:17 PM

1,302 posts, read 345,601 times
Quote:
That's not an injustice. The Romans invaded Britain, lol.
Who gets to decide what’s an injustice? This is the game that’s played.

You know nothing of European history so why play this game? Part of my wife’s family were Scots-Irish (they were Anglicans) who fled to Saskatoon , Canada. You think they fled to a place which literally freezes for 5 months out of the year for fun?

Old 01-24-2024, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeentt View Post
Good point but i'll add that there have been thrivin black societies that were sunk due to racist notions and supremacy... during segregation the black wall street thrived and one town over, it was desolate, no jobs no promise.. so the racists who had just returned from the war and were now disillusioned went and burned it down.. why should those blacks do better than us? same way they snatched Seneca vlillage to make it centrl park. there are SOOOOOOO many instances of people who have less than black folk trying to destroy those communities.

when you are born into a system that tells you by its actions that youre less than nothing then its hard to escape that when your schools are underfunded, when LE treats you and your kids differently from Todd and his kids... your child goes to jail for an offense Todd's child just gets a talkin to about... the institutionalized racism persists and people pretend otherwise.

immigrants thrive here because they did not grow up with the pressure that black americans do. southern trailer park folks feel theyre above black folks because theyre white. even though they might be dirty poor without 2 pennies to r ub together.. but they know the system in which we live assigns them more value thn black people... and they end up voting against their own interest simply because they dont want black or brown citizens or foreigners to have it.. whatever it is..
In the real world, no one cares about social justice theory or anti-racism. It was just a grift to get well paying, low effort jobs. Unless you’re using it to that end, this is pointless. It’s so insane that most people just laugh at it. Complaining about racism in this world is like complaining that on some days the sun doesn’t shine. And?

Old 01-24-2024, 03:58 PM

34,125 posts, read 47,349,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
You can hate it all you want but Asia is a continent and people from there are Asian. Not sure why facts ruffle your feathers so much.
Do you refer to Italians, Irish, or Greeks living in NYC as Europeans?

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-24-2024, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
Who gets to decide what’s an injustice? This is the game that’s played.

You know nothing of European history so why play this game? Part of my wife’s family were Scots-Irish (they were Anglicans) who fled to Saskatoon , Canada. You think they fled to a place which literally freezes for 5 months out of the year for fun?
I have no idea why they fled, why don't you tell the audience.

Old 01-24-2024, 06:31 PM

Quote:
I have no idea why they fled, why don't you tell the audience.
I believe that those who want to know, know. Those who don’t, don’t want to know. Continue on your journey of knowledge and you shall know just like the others.

Old 01-24-2024, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
I believe that those who want to know, know. Those who don’t, don’t want to know. Continue on your journey of knowledge and you shall know just like the others.
Whatever
I guess Saskatoon was on the only place on Planet Earth they could go

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: