Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2022, 02:39 AM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Have you considered a career in writing? I'm serious.
I already have a career in tech. But to that point I’ve won multiple bloggers awards and yes I have been published. But what does that have to do with the issue?

Check this out:

https://youtu.be/omGd7NNzjBk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2022, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
They are politicians paid off by big pharmaceutical companies, which in turn are partly owned by Blackrock and other so called elites (like Vanguard) whose goal is to collect all of the world's resources and redistribute these as they see fit whilst keeping 90% for themselves. These blackwater folks also control the media and pay off "fact checkers" to keep people like yourself in denial.

If you're a poor person and think the Blackwater ultra rich guys are going to save you from poverty and give you a condo apartment on Billionaires row, while screwing the rich you're dead wrong. You're going to live in the prajecks' where you will own nothing but be happy. Not even real meat will you be able to eat to fortify you. Your foods will be chemical and GMO based. And everything that you need or want will be rented for a lifetime by the one percent making them even richer. This is all part of the "Green new deal" or "Build back better" by the way. That's how they sell their plans to people who don't do their research.

And by the way, no one denies COVID. We already know that it is a real virus. Where I disagree is that the virus was brought on by some person eating a bat. That's complete BS. The virus was created and patented in part by the NIH as a gain of function biological weapon. In essence, they've used our tax dollars to create the virus and our tax dollars to create these experimental vaccines - enriching no one but themselves while sinking the United States in debt.

https://commonreader.wustl.edu/how-a...fe-our-future/

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=10154159674886479

https://www.investopedia.com/article...pfizer-pfe.asp

Here is a perfect example of the global elite (Vanguard) upping Twitter’s price so that Elon can’t buy it. Why? They want to be able to control information and they know that once Elon takes over even Trump may be reinstated.

Y’all need to pay attention to this - it’s not a conspiracy theory. I’m telling you - they are in control and will grow their power and by 2030 everyone will “own nothing but be happy”. Yeah, we will be screaming out of our windows just like they do in Shanghai while we eat Soylent green.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...areholder.html

Old 04-14-2022, 04:15 PM

2,609 posts, read 1,205,579 times
Was down in the Bowery/LES today. Had to present a vax card and wear a mask at several establishments.

NYC is a police state minus the effective police presence to deter crime.

What a joke!

Old 04-14-2022, 04:19 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,235,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
Was down in the Bowery/LES today. Had to present a vax card and wear a mask at several establishments.

NYC is a police state minus the effective police presence to deter crime.

What a joke!
For what? That's those establishments requiring that not NYC.If you don't like it go somewhere else.
I'd show my card when the city was requiring it if asked because it wasn't the businesses fault but now forget it.

Old 04-14-2022, 04:49 PM

3,132 posts, read 2,724,468 times
”Here is a perfect example of the global elite (Vanguard) upping Twitter’s price so that Elon can’t buy it.”

Sigh. Vanguard is a brokerage. It is the ”street name” owner for a block of shares but the people who actually own them are tens of thousands, if not more, individual investors. If your mom has an IRA with their target retirement fund in it, she's now...one of the global elite. If their stake increased, it's because (a) more individual investors who use them bought the stock; (b) Twitter's relative market capitalization increased, requiring Vanguard to buy more to maintain the proportional holding it promised its customers; and/or (c) for their managed funds (which are not the majority; people use Vanguard because they don't want to pay the costs of management), fund managers decided Twitter was a good investment.

The article you link to was written by someone who hopes you are too stupid to understand this. Why would you rely on someone like that? Well, I guess if you're silly enough to think that Musk has your interests at heart somehow...Billionaire worshippers just make me shake my head.

Old 04-14-2022, 04:50 PM

The local bar is totally a police state for not letting me in when I'm wearing sweats and sneakers, man!!!

Old 04-14-2022, 05:06 PM

2,609 posts, read 1,205,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
For what? That's those establishments requiring that not NYC.If you don't like it go somewhere else.
I'd show my card when the city was requiring it if asked because it wasn't the businesses fault but now forget it.
Previously arranged meetings for business. Involved several different parties, so I couldn't just tell them all to go somewhere else. I have been vaccinated and have the paperwork, so not a major issue. It's just annoying now especially after having been many places that never required such draconian measures.

NY used to be "The City That Never Sleeps" and now it's just "The City That Never Stops Obsessing Over Covid".

Old 04-14-2022, 05:57 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,235,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
Previously arranged meetings for business. Involved several different parties, so I couldn't just tell them all to go somewhere else. I have been vaccinated and have the paperwork, so not a major issue. It's just annoying now especially after having been many places that never required such draconian measures.

NY used to be "The City That Never Sleeps" and now it's just "The City That Never Stops Obsessing Over Covid".
Well that does suck

Old 04-14-2022, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
”Here is a perfect example of the global elite (Vanguard) upping Twitter’s price so that Elon can’t buy it.”

Sigh. Vanguard is a brokerage. It is the ”street name” owner for a block of shares but the people who actually own them are tens of thousands, if not more, individual investors. If your mom has an IRA with their target retirement fund in it, she's now...one of the global elite. If their stake increased, it's because (a) more individual investors who use them bought the stock; (b) Twitter's relative market capitalization increased, requiring Vanguard to buy more to maintain the proportional holding it promised its customers; and/or (c) for their managed funds (which are not the majority; people use Vanguard because they don't want to pay the costs of management), fund managers decided Twitter was a good investment.

The article you link to was written by someone who hopes you are too stupid to understand this. Why would you rely on someone like that? Well, I guess if you're silly enough to think that Musk has your interests at heart somehow...Billionaire worshippers just make me shake my head.
Vanguard and Blackwater are private companies. You invest with them and owners take a big cut - no different from banking and insurance institutions. You as an investor own a few taxable bucks, but they own trillions. Now if everyone withdrew and stop utilizing their services, they would absolutely collapse. But that's not going to happen because peasants need their 401K's, checking's accounts and insurance.
And I am not a billionaire worshiper. But I would love for Elon to take twitter. As rich as he is, he is not part of the so called global elites.

Old 04-14-2022, 09:39 PM

”As rich as he is, he is not part of the so called global elites.”

He is literally one of the richest men in the world. So...I guess we all know what you're actually talking about, huh.

”Vanguard and Blackwater are private companies. You invest with them and owners take a big cut”

You're just wrong, even if you mean Blackrock instead of Blackwater.

Seriously, maybe take a little break from social media? You sound...pretty stressed out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City