Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 07:07 PM

3,358 posts, read 1,247,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
just because the state allowed slavery, doesnt mean it was ok

just because state law allowed segregation doesn't mean it was ok.

just because the state allowed child labor, doesnt mean it was ok.

just because the law said blacks had to get to the back of the bus, doesnt mean it was ok.

if these "for the vaccinated only" crowd could get away with it, they would have still have slaves

this rule is not based on science, but on prejudice and discrimination

if you really have even a junior high or middle school education you can see, you can see this pandemic is political pandemic.

if your from NYC you would know the its only because of cuomo that bars have a curfew at 12 AM, while the rest of America parties maskless into 4 or 5 AM

you go to a baseball game in texas you can all sit together maskless with 30,000 other maskless people

in NY your cousin from texas would need to be injected with a vaccine in order to sit together with the whole family, if not she will be place with the non vaccinated in the nose bleed seats.because they treat the UN vaccinated in NY like they treated blacks in the 20ths century of american history!
actually most of the vaccinated sections in yankees stadium and citi field are nosebleeds.
there are tons of close seats for non vaccinated. try using facts next time.

while i think cuomos 10 pm and now midnight curfews are nonsense almost no places in the country are open until 4 or 5 am.

Old 05-26-2021, 07:41 PM

5,753 posts, read 2,654,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Response: Opinion

For those who are slighted by this treatment express it by Hitting all the apps reviews
and giving the establishment a thumbs down for failing to serve you as described.

and most of all remember to switch parties four years from now........................
I think he lives on Long Island. A lot of users on here who complain about our local politicians can't even vote because they don't live in NYC. They are just bored I guess and come to this forum because they secretly wish they lived here
But don't get me wrong BB sucks and I can't wait for him to be gone!

Old 05-27-2021, 06:35 AM

25,410 posts, read 37,165,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Are private establishments like restaurants allowed to make their own health related rules about who they serve during the pandemic?
Yes they are allowed to do so as long as they aren't discriminating against protected groups, like race, religion, sex, etc. That's what "private" means.

I imagine that restaurants can still demand customers wear a coat and tie, if they are stupid enough to throw away business, that is.

Old 05-28-2021, 05:39 AM

43,811 posts, read 44,579,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Yes they are allowed to do so as long as they aren't discriminating against protected groups, like race, religion, sex, etc. That's what "private" means.

I imagine that restaurants can still demand customers wear a coat and tie, if they are stupid enough to throw away business, that is.
Well if they can provide/loan some kind of coat and tie to the potential customer, they aren't exactly throwing away business/

Old 05-29-2021, 01:53 PM

2,450 posts, read 977,545 times
Non-vaccinated lives matter.

Old 08-03-2021, 02:18 PM

874 posts, read 730,868 times
I was sitting down today eating in a restaurant in NYC, and I had to get up and give me up seat (for a vaccinated customer) and go eat outside.

I remember in school they use to tell the story of a little old lady named rosa parks who wouldn't give up her seat in a bus because she was tried. I think she ended up getting arrested

whats going to happen when someone says its to cold to eat outside, and they dont want to leave will they get arrested?

Old 08-03-2021, 02:28 PM

6,779 posts, read 3,040,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
I was sitting down today eating in a restaurant in NYC, and I had to get up and give me up seat (for a vaccinated customer) and go eat outside.

I remember in school they use to tell the story of a little old lady named rosa parks who wouldn't give up her seat in a bus because she was tried. I think she ended up getting arrested

whats going to happen when someone says its to cold to eat outside, and they dont want to leave will they get arrested?
May I ask, how they'd even know your vaccination status?

We haven't gotten to the Papers,Please stage yet, so just wondering what they'd be using until then.

Old 08-03-2021, 02:37 PM

1,159 posts, read 875,127 times
I guarantee there will be many murders and violent attacks against those who ask to see papers when entering bars and restaurants. It is gonna get very bloody. This is leading to a Civil Rights issue, especially when people of color are turned away. This will NOT end well. Mark my words

Old 08-03-2021, 02:38 PM

874 posts, read 730,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
May I ask, how they'd even know your vaccination status?

We haven't gotten to the Papers,Please stage yet, so just wondering what they'd be using until then.

they said download the app, its easy.... or eat outside

it was nice outside to eat today, but what happens when its -20 in December or if there is a blizzard?

sorry you cant come in? your not vaccinated? Its not your papers please its your app bar code please

Old 08-03-2021, 02:40 PM

1,159 posts, read 875,127 times
BTW, the app does NOT work for anyone vaccinated outside NY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City