Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 10:48 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times

Advertisements

NYC really makes it easy for criminals to get out and no remorse or any legislation to help victims. This is why any experienced NYer would do their best to not become a victim because NYC doesn't do much for victims and their families at all. They spent more legislation, decriminalizing and removing police policies that prevent crime. The worst thing that liberals keep doing is feeding and allowing criminals to breed, that's why China will be more powerful than US one day. They do not let criminals breed and they do not decriminalize ever. No such thing in China as catch and release. Their prosecution rate is like 97%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2019, 10:53 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,602,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
NYC really makes it easy for criminals to get out and no remorse or any legislation to help victims. This is why any experienced NYer would do their best to not become a victim because NYC doesn't do much for victims and their families at all. They spent more legislation, decriminalizing and removing police policies that prevent crime. The worst thing that liberals keep doing is feeding and allowing criminals to breed, that's why China will be more powerful than US one day. They do not let criminals breed and they do not decriminalize ever. No such thing in China as catch and release. Their prosecution rate is like 97%
I'm against coddling violent criminals but we don't need to be like China. In fact, we are a nation where (by many people at least), freedom is valued. Therefore, we should not aspire to be like China.
European countries (even most of Eastern Europe) are very safe and aren't authoritarian.

They should focus on keeping violent criminals off the street and not waste time/money jailing people for victimless crimes.

Old 12-13-2019, 10:58 AM

19,054 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
As for you, we know the 13 year old and his friends should be AFRAID of you, and you'll be fine. I assume your neighbors won't tolerate this either.
Yup, and not because of race. I won’t pretend that there are not people in my neighborhood who would be focused on his race immediately, but at least for me that’s of no consequence.

If robbery crews started testing the waters near me, at the least they would see a police-supporting community working to get them punished, but they would likely encounter many like me who are prepared to personally handle them ourselves.

I’ve chased many a punk off of my street without ever pulling my gun. Approach me with a knife and you’re leaving in the ME’s van.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-13-2019, 11:05 AM

85 posts, read 104,371 times
Thanks to Raise the Age, brought to you by the wonderful "progressives" in state and city government, this piece of waste will be placed at a facility ran by ACS and be treated with a slap on the wrist. The guards at those facilities are not allowed to apply force to these wonderful "children" at the risk of lawsuits and losing their job. Just search for past stories at Crossroads and Horizon facilities. Disturbing

Old 12-13-2019, 11:09 AM

85 posts, read 104,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
That would be incredibly racist. You don't know how hard it is to grow up in an oppressive racist impoverished environment that they have to turn to a life of crime as a result. There is still chance to rehabilitate since he's only 13 years old, just a baby really. Imagine how frightened and messed up he would be if locked up with hardened criminals. Hopefully some good will come out of this, he will reform and grow up to become a successful citizen and her life not lost on vain.
This is a sarcastic post, right?

Old 12-13-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russianleo777 View Post
Thanks to Raise the Age, brought to you by the wonderful "progressives" in state and city government, this piece of waste will be placed at a facility ran by ACS and be treated with a slap on the wrist. The guards at those facilities are not allowed to apply force to these wonderful "children" at the risk of lawsuits and losing their job. Just search for past stories at Crossroads and Horizon facilities. Disturbing
I don't think a 13 year old would receive much time even in a conservative state.

Old 12-13-2019, 11:38 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I am curious to know how many of you have changed their patterns since the city is getting worse.

Is there stuff that you guys will no longer do, that you used to do before, because the city is no longer safe?

Has anybody signed up for self-defense classes or started carrying weapons on their persons yet?

When Deblasio got elected I saw the writing on the wall and I sold my condo in Dumbo for a nice profit in 2015. Moved to the suburbs of Long Island where I can make snarky comments about the city from the safety of the nice and boring suburbs.

Last edited by 85dumbo; 12-13-2019 at 12:13 PM..

Old 12-13-2019, 11:42 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,080,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
He is only 13, he might be out of prison before he turns 20
out of prison? lol, he will not see the inside of a real prison.

For one thing, looks like he didn't do the stabbing. He is being charged as a juvenile with felony murder which means he is being charge with committing a crime which led to someone's death. Not mudrer 1 and not eligible to be treated or sentenced as an adult.
If they catch the one who stabbed her they might be able to charge him as an adult.

Last edited by bluedog2; 12-13-2019 at 12:02 PM..

Old 12-13-2019, 11:55 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
When Deblasio got elected I saw the writing on the all and I sold my condo in Dumbo for a nice profit in 201. Moved to the suburbs of Long Island where I can make snarky comments about the city from the safety of nice and boring suburbs.
Thanks for the input Doc.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-13-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
out of prison? lol, he will not see the inside of a real prison.
I meant kiddie prison. I wouldn't be surprised if he's free before he even turns 18.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City