Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 02:48 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,261,095 times

Advertisements

They look like that terrible Dutch Colonial Amityville Horror House. (The two first ones) No thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 02:52 AM

9,249 posts, read 24,100,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
They look like that terrible Dutch Colonial Amityville Horror House. No Thanks!
Well,I agree.But it looks nothing like Fordham.

Fordham:http://realestate.nytimes.com/sales/...Bronx-NY-10457

Riverdale:http://realestate.nytimes.com/sales/...Bronx-NY-10471

Last edited by bluedog2; 02-22-2011 at 03:03 AM..

Old 02-22-2011, 03:09 AM

The Riverdale house owner is probably a well respected man in the community, but has teenage girls locked in the cellar.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:23 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,071,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
The Bronx is an old, ugly looking, gritty, dirty place with many high crime neighborhoods. Most of the borough looks the same, in other words, ghetto. You have Latino and blacks throughout the borough, with little white enclaves far away. So the diversity is pretty low, unless you enjoy seeing Puerto Ricans, African Americans, Dominicans, Mexicans, and Jamaicans all over the place. Too many buildings and housing projects. Too many people on some kind of assistance. Too many drug dealers and drug addicts. Too many people with aids...etc etc

Atleast in other boroughs the ghetto does not make up the majority. The non-ghetto neighborhoods also don't look the same as the ghetto ones (unlike the Bronx where even Riverdale looks like Fordham).

The Bronx is tough. It's just a tough, grim, gloomy place.
Lol before you know it he is gonna say trogsneck looks just like mott haven. If you gripe about the bronx you can cross the harlem river and go back to da heights. Theres lots of aids in the heigths too, lots of banging girls thier.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:30 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,774,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Anyone who could say that Riverdale looks like Fordham has an astounding lack of knowledge of The Bronx.Have you ever even been to Riverdale?
I agree Riverdale is nothing like Fordham but as I said in a previous post you need a car to get to the best parts of Riverdale. Even where the 1 train ends on the edge of Riverdale although, it's no where ghetto like Fordham it is dominated by apt. buildings on one side and VC park on the other. Take the Queens and even Brooklyn elevated trains you see more of a landscaping of one and two family homes. So those outsiders who don't know the Bronx are going to get a distorted view of the place. Also being on the border with Westchester County and border towns like the Pelhams doesn't help. Most Queens neighborhoods that border Nassau towns have similar housing styles. So the contrast is not so stark.

Last edited by 1nevets; 02-22-2011 at 03:39 AM..

Old 02-22-2011, 03:37 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,774,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Lol before you know it he is gonna say trogsneck looks just like mott haven. If you gripe about the bronx you can cross the harlem river and go back to da heights. Theres lots of aids in the heigths too, lots of banging girls thier.
I warned Mario once you see his post he was going to get it. I can't wait for Sobroguy's response. I'll have to make sure to have the popcorn.

Throggs Neck is another one of my favorite areas of the Bronx. It just needs better transit.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:39 AM

"Banging Girls" has contributed to a recent spike in HIV rates...

Old 02-22-2011, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
I warned Mario once you see his post he was going to get it. I can't wait for Sobroguy's response. I'll have to make sure to have the popcorn.

Throggs Neck is another one of my favorite areas of the Bronx. It just needs better transit.
Better transit will lead to a increased presence of "undesirable elements" in the area. Better leave it untouched.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:08 AM

People who come with Metro North to NYC will form their opinion on South Bronx pretty much from what they see out of the train window, and south of Fordham Rd the wiew starts to get disturbing. The Park and Webster Ave strips are in a sad state.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:39 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,071,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
People who come with Metro North to NYC will form their opinion on South Bronx pretty much from what they see out of the train window, and south of Fordham Rd the wiew starts to get disturbing. The Park and Webster Ave strips are in a sad state.
The train goes through a trench on park avenue which cuts through the housing pjs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City