Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2024, 09:11 PM

35 posts, read 34,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriNJ View Post
Try switching to New Jersey Manufacturers. https://www.njm.com/ I've been with them a few years, because Liberty Mutual's premiums reached the "insane" level. I've been very happy with them. I just paid my 2024 bill, and it was almost exactly the same as my 2023 bill. I also switched my homeowner's insurance to them, for the same reason.
My Wife and I have had NJM for close to 20 years for home and auto. They are the best. But not without their own issues. I never filed a claim in close to 20 years but recently (almost 3 years ago) I filed a claim for legitimate storm damage to my home. It was almost three years ago but I’m still fighting them in court because they say my damage is just cosmetic. BS. Once we finally get paid for our claim, we will drop them and try to find a company that’s easier to deal with when we have the need.

All that said, people are shocked when i tell them how little we pay for our auto policy in comparison to theirs. We can’t complain about their rates and we love that they send us a dividend check at the end of each year which is generally between 8 and 10% of our annual policy since they are “non profit”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2024, 06:00 AM

19,132 posts, read 25,341,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERTAXEDNJ View Post
All that said, people are shocked when i tell them how little we pay for our auto policy in comparison to theirs. We can’t complain about their rates and we love that they send us a dividend check at the end of each year which is generally between 8 and 10% of our annual policy since they are “non profit”.
+1... except for "non-profit". The reason for the annual dividend check is that NJM is a mutual insurance company. They certainly do manage to make a profit, and because of their "mutual" status, they share that profit with their policy holders.

Old 03-22-2024, 06:08 AM

19,132 posts, read 25,341,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Attributing a 50% increase in auto insurance premium to illegal immigration doesn’t really compute even if every single one of them drove a car and every single one of them was a lousy driver.
+1
The claim of this insurance company profit-grab being caused by migrants is just more propagandistic blather that is unsupported by facts. One even can't register a car in NJ--and in almost every other state--unless he/she can show proof of insurance coverage. This leads to the inevitable question of...
How does an undocumented person come up with the money to purchase a car and to insure it?
(Hint: They can't)

https://www.nj.gov/mvc/vehicles/insu...cal%20expenses.

Old 04-22-2024, 12:49 PM

1 posts, read 99 times
Wow, it's time to do shopping, you can opt for title loans also for that.

Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM

6,461 posts, read 3,154,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Insurance companies have to make enough to cover the cost of claims and still make a profit. With the big nationwide increase in car thefts, catalytic converter thefts, road-rage caused accidents, and damage for car prowls, rate increases are to be expected. Add to that a higher cost and shortage of parts and this is the result. Some places get hit harder than others and apparently your state is one of those. Here in Washington east of Seattle our State Farm on 3 cars and a trailer only went up about 6.5%. According to the State Commissioner's office, overall auto insurance rates in Washington are expected to average increases of 12.6% in 2024.
That's it, in a nutshell..............

Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM

4,182 posts, read 5,064,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
That's it, in a nutshell..............
No, that's the excuse used by insurance companies. Those "new" costs/increases are baked into their forecasts. They'll charge whatever the market will bear. If not for regulation, it would be chaos.

I visited my State Farm office a couple of weeks ago. 7 people, just sitting around, chatting on the phone, browsing the internet. There's alot of fat that needs to be trimmed from our premiums/payments.

Old Today, 05:47 AM

6,461 posts, read 3,154,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
No, that's the excuse used by insurance companies. Those "new" costs/increases are baked into their forecasts. They'll charge whatever the market will bear. If not for regulation, it would be chaos.

I visited my State Farm office a couple of weeks ago. 7 people, just sitting around, chatting on the phone, browsing the internet. There's a lot of fat that needs to be trimmed from our premiums/payments.
To the best of my knowledge, insurance offices are operated as "independent contractors", therefore the company doesn't directly pay those "7 people sitting around, chatting on the phone, browsing the internet". The owner of the office does.....

Old Today, 06:36 PM

3,975 posts, read 4,262,034 times
I was glad to see NJM only asked for a 0.9% rate increase in March of this year:
https://www.nj.com/news/2024/04/auto...est-is-63.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey