Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 4,679 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move to Jersey what town would anyone consider the best town for divesity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 12:55 AM

39 posts, read 151,158 times
Piscataway NJ my hometown is a good place. I'm not gay but we have to be the biggest melting pot town in perhaps the entire country (not city, town). Asbury Park is literally being saved and will have its bad reputation turned around soon enough thanks to a gay movement there where alot of gay men are buying up the old hotels and renovating them as well as opening businesses in the downtown. If you go on the boardwalk there it's normal to see gay couples holding hands. Ocean Grove which is right next door is awesome and as somebody else mentioned New Hope PA is a good place. Last but not least is Edison NJ which I would have to say is alot like my hometown.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:33 PM

3 posts, read 14,519 times
[URL="http://www.CLUBINOROUT.COM"]WWW.CLUBINOROUT.COM[/URL] GREAT NEW GAY CLUB.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:00 PM

4 posts, read 9,506 times
Collingswood, NJ

Old 06-05-2010, 04:27 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the fear View Post
i do not find any gay people with a strong presence as a community anywhere in NJ so i would have to say there are no gay friendly towns in NJ. sorry but it is true. I also do not consider gay bars in populated areas a postitive gay presence.

Try Asbury, if you are looking. Very strong presence.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:47 PM

681 posts, read 1,512,573 times
What part of Jersey? North or South might as well be 2 different continents...

Old 08-11-2010, 09:52 PM

194 posts, read 623,160 times
Yes, what about gay-friendly places in Northern NJ (e.g., Bergen County)?

Old 08-12-2010, 12:01 AM

142 posts, read 362,718 times
I am so loving this!!!It is so great to know we are going to be moving to an open minded and accepting place. My family is all about peace,loving and accepting everyone, this just makes me more certain that moving out of FL is the right thing to do!!! I can't wait!! Good luck to the guy who posted, looks like you'll be just fine!

Old 08-12-2010, 08:20 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,403,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseNJ View Post
I find it offensive because a few towns are mentioned and my town and surrounding towns aren't mentioned and to me that says those towns aren't gay friendly and that's simply not the case.

As for bashing, kids are bullied even today in schools for many reasons, I was bullied when I moved to NJ from Brooklyn when I was in 6th grade and they would say that it was because I was from Brooklyn. Kids bully for numerous reasons and those reasons are wrong in all cases not just in cases of bullying someone because they're gay.

Also my politics are Conservative Republican and again I say I don't give a hoot if my neighbors are single gay people or committed couples. And I also think it's wrong to paint such a broad brush and give kudos to college educated people as being the ones with open minds, I'm from a blue collar family and have had the pleasure of always living in blue collar areas and those people are some of the best people you'd ever find, they'd literally give you (even a gay person) the shirts off their backs, and they don't look down on others. A College education doesn't guarantee that you have an open mind, it's how people are raised that have the most influence on how people act in their later years.
i grew up in a blue collar, mostly small college educated population (near scranton, pa) and they are not big fans of anything that's "different" from them. i wouldn't call them racist exactly, but they aren't welcoming to outsiders or gay people.

doesn't mean they aren't nice people, they just haven't been exposed to a lot.

college-educated populations or people who have had a larger variety of experiences seem to be more accepting to things that are different.

and just cause no-one mentioned your town doesn't mean it's not gay friendly. why don't you mention it if it's gay friendly? throw it out there. that's what this thread is about!

Old 08-12-2010, 08:27 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,403,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseNJ View Post
When you make gross generalizations the way you have you'll get a response.

I'm a Conservative and Catholic, I don't recall ever saying homosexuals were inferior. And as for gay marriage, I'm opposed to it but I'm for civil unions, BUT before you jump on me for saying that look at this statistic, 65% of African Americans are opposed to gay marriage, now how do African Americans tend to vote? Democrat, so this isn't strictly a Conservative issue. The Democratic party has some trouble on their hands with this issue because they're very much divided, according to Democrats, 46% favor gay marriage, 48% oppose. A substantial minority of these Democratic-leaning voters strongly oppose gay marriage (25%).

You can disagree with Republicans, but when you call them EVIL you basically shut down the lines of communication. Republicans are entitled to their opinions as are Democrats and they should be able to express them free from name calling.
you're right about the "evil" comment, but your stats may or may not be good stats. remember - how the question is asked influences how the question is answered. many of the polls conducted in the past few years aren't exactly "objective".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey