Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 09:45 PM

502 posts, read 2,295,755 times

Advertisements

So we hear a lot about the good towns in NJ. What town in NJ do you dislike so much that you wouldn’t move there even if they gave you a house for free? We all know that Newark is deeply hated but tell me which other town you hate and why???

Old 08-19-2006, 01:26 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,091,725 times
Camden (crime)
Newark (crime)
Patterson (ghetto)
Trenton (crime)
Willingboro (Burlington County) (crime)
Dover (Morris County) (ghetto)
Atlantic City (ghetto, crime, high HIV rate)
Bridgeton (Cumberland) (ghetto)

Old 08-19-2006, 06:02 PM

58 posts, read 416,834 times
Default What Towns

The State of New Jersey

Old 08-19-2006, 07:12 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,393,679 times
While I certainly wouldn't call it the worst town in New Jersey since that title undoubtably goes to one of the members of the Trinity of Infamy, Newark, Camden and Atlantic City, I have to say that one city that I've visited that I thought was pretty awful was Vineland. Something about that city just made me feel very nervous. I'm not sure what it was as it's certainly not as rundown and dangerous as Newark or Trenton, but I just felt really uneasy there, like all eyes were on me and I had to watch my back wherever I went. It also was like this bizarre juxtaposition of rural, suburban and inner city combined into one, taking the worst of each three areas and shoving them into a town that smells like animal feed.

Old 08-20-2006, 01:57 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,329,014 times
I kind of have to agree with Williamter...

Stay away from any metro areas though (Newark, Camden, Paterson, AC, Trenton) they're all known for their crime and drugs.

Old 08-20-2006, 11:28 PM

502 posts, read 2,295,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamter View Post
The State of New Jersey
Okay, now be Nice.

There is no such thing as a perfect State. At least in the NJ threads we aren't discussing what they are discussin in IL:

HAZARDOUS - NUCLEAR WATER LEAKS - around Manhatten,IL (Braidwood) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIkes, what is that all about

Old 08-21-2006, 11:53 AM

12 posts, read 195,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Camden (crime)
Newark (crime)
Patterson (ghetto)
Trenton (crime)
Willingboro (Burlington County) (crime)
Atlantic City (ghetto, crime, high HIV rate)
Bridgeton (Cumberland) (ghetto)

You forgot JC NJ has turned to garbage. We have the privilige of being conjested here and paying for all the welfare programs that are attracting more and more filth to NJ. There is really no reason to even live here. I am currently looking to move out of this entire area. I am not gonna follow the herds to the south. I'm a full blooded yankee. Just cant do it. So I am stuck here till I figure this mess out.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:32 PM

86 posts, read 380,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickofNY/NJ View Post
You forgot JC NJ has turned to garbage. We have the privilige of being conjested here and paying for all the welfare programs that are attracting more and more filth to NJ. There is really no reason to even live here. I am currently looking to move out of this entire area. I am not gonna follow the herds to the south. I'm a full blooded yankee. Just cant do it. So I am stuck here till I figure this mess out.
I'm temporarily stuck up here in Southeast Bergen County as well till I figure where to eventually relocate to. Like you, it won't be south.

I was born in Jersey City over 4 decades ago but it was different there at that time. Noone could pay me enough to live there now as well as staying in NJ.

NJ is for the wealthy and the rest grind it out to live here for one reason or another.

NJ has unofficially become a huge 6th borough of NYC with the high cost of living to boot on the most part.

Old 08-21-2006, 02:14 PM

12 posts, read 195,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowaytoknowyet View Post
I'm temporarily stuck up here in Southeast Bergen County as well till I figure where to eventually relocate to. Like you, it won't be south.

I was born in Jersey City over 4 decades ago but it was different there at that time. Noone could pay me enough to live there now as well as staying in NJ.

NJ is for the wealthy and the rest grind it out to live here for one reason or another.

NJ has unofficially become a huge 6th borough of NYC with the high cost of living to boot on the most part.

I was born in NYC but raised in JC. I left JC about 13 years ago. The place is a damned slum in my opinion. My family is still there though. I think they're nuts.

I am in Bergen as well and really want out. It's ridiculous how much we pay for everything. From taxes to insurance. All of this to subsidize the ghettos.

Of course now, another 1% sales tax! Please people stop voting for corrupt Democrats!

I

Old 08-21-2006, 04:32 PM

49 posts, read 276,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Camden (crime)
I'd like to take issue with the mention of Dover, I was raised there and still live in the area and there are a lot of misconceptions about Dover, I think a lot of it is based on the fact that Dover has a majority minority population, mostly hispanic. Many people comment that Dover is crime ridden and poor, and as someone who is white I'd like to give my perspective on Dover.

It's actually a great town, petty crime might be higher then some other towns in Morris County, and there are drugs, but there are also drugs in rich towns in Morris County also. I think most areas of Dover are a great place to raise a family, yeah it's ethnically diverse but I've always felt safe in Dover and I go there almost everyday and have found the Spanish community that is the majority in town to be very family oriented and nice. Dover is pretty much the victim of a bad rap because compared to other wealthy communities in Morris County it's not as wealthy.

Just wanted to clear some myths up about Dover because I've seen it mentioned a few times on this board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey