Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 09:56 AM

416 posts, read 1,713,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl-973-908-732 View Post
08-18-2006~~ 11:45 PM

This topic started almost 2 years ago. What's the point? It's not like there's a right or wrong answer.

I'll tell you where I don't feel safe at, but slight prejudices would be displayed and people would be offended. This topic goes on and on - it's like a never ending debate.
Right . . . and for me, "worst" isn't where I don't feel safe--as I pretty much feel safe everywhere, but places that I'm not attracted to aesthetically and where there's not much nearby that I'm interesed in, either.

So, the worst place I've been in Jersey so far was some town down by Toms River (I can't remember the exact town) that was just blocks and blocks of "blah" suburbs on flat, grid-like streets. There was some sea motif to a lot of the street names if that helps anyone figure out what town it was. My wife had heard about it when we were more seriously looking for a home in Jersey. I drove down there, went through the neighborhood for maybe 15 minutes, and said, "There is no WAY that I'm living here" . . . but, there are a lot of places that I haven't been in New Jersey yet, so that might not be the worst to me. In general, I don't care for suburbs.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:02 AM

38 posts, read 183,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manicotti View Post
I agree with you. Another fact I find amazingly ignorant is the fact that these people are forced into these cities. Whenever low-cost housing is considered, it is generally pushed into an area that is terribly poor and has no jobs. Does anyone consider that if low-cost housing was allowed everywhere, maybe these people would have a chance to better themselves? It is very difficult to better oneself when the only opportunities for employment are the movie theater and the corner drug-dealer. I wish people would stop complaining about a problem that they make worse by their refusal to have housing that gives people a chance in an area where there is money to be made.
ATL HAS SOMETHIN 4 EVERYBODY!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 10:05 AM

562 posts, read 2,614,738 times
lol.. my point exactly.. they should close this thread.. someone please CLOSE this thread! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl-973-908-732 View Post
08-18-2006~~ 11:45 PM

This topic started almost 2 years ago. What's the point? It's not like there's a right or wrong answer.

I'll tell you where I don't feel safe at, but slight prejudices would be displayed and people would be offended. This topic goes on and on - it's like a never ending debate.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:17 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
^^^ absolutely correct.

Let's all hold hands and pay our respects to the biggest thread on this board in both views and posts. We laughed, we cried. It's over Johnny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey