Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 04:05 PM

3 posts, read 77,487 times

Advertisements

I would vote Irvington as the worst town...Its a whole different counrty there.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:30 PM

5 posts, read 29,299 times
Camden.That place needs to start over.
Cities like Newark and Trenton are fixer uppers. Some of you people are so sheltered.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:51 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,325,822 times
Default Born and Raised In NYC

I've been living in New Jersey since October 1987. I love Sussex County as far as beauty. However, Sussex is just as corrupt as the rest of the state.

Last edited by Yac; 08-31-2006 at 12:18 PM.. Reason: link removed

Old 09-04-2006, 09:14 AM

4 posts, read 18,712 times
ugh. I have to agree with everyone saying Camden. Bad news! I have seen quite a lot of bad crime there. Other towns Ive been to on my list:
Vineland
Bridgeton
Pennsgrove
Pennsville (okay town, but is cancerville, usa)
Pleasantville
Atlantic City (unless you love crime and prostitutes)
Downtown Woodbury
Deptford (I unfortunately live here now...but only a few months till I move!) -Ive had my car hit several times here... and people left it. Stuff stolen from it... Police are always around... Husbands car was vandalized... Drugs... etc.

Old 09-05-2006, 08:39 PM

1 posts, read 11,420 times
Smile Remarks about New Jersey

I am 44 years old and used to live in Browns Mills N. J.
I now live in Northeast Texas and I love it. My dad was
from Dallas and my mom from Freehold. I hate to hear
about how bad it is in New Jersey. I haven't seen Browns
Mills for about 35 years. I was nine when we moved from
Browns Mills. I read where many said they would not
be moving "south", and I don't know what that means.
But...MayBerry folk are ok in my book. We've got problems too, but being in the Bible Belt ain't too bad!
Ain't is a word down here. Well, just want to let you
know, that you good folks of the North are welcome
down here! We've love to have you. We've even got
some folks that go to the church I pastor, and believe it or not, they're from Philly and like the Eagles. Guess what?
They fit in pretty good down here. Thanks for allowing me
to ponder good memories from my past and present!

Old 09-06-2006, 07:29 AM

3 posts, read 58,457 times
Angry Asbury Park, NJ IS BAD

Asbury Park has alot of crime due to a continuing drug problem that the local police cannot even keep up with it. We are trying to sell our home because even my kids recognize gunshots when they hear them. After you hear them enough you learn to differentiate between a gun being fired or a car backfiring

Also the schools are no good past the elementary stage. My kids are constantly asking us "when are we going to move?"
Even some of the teachers are intimidated by the kids in the middle and high schools here. You cannot get familiar with who the principals are because they change constantly.

Yes, Asbury Park has a big revitalization going on and yes, it all looks lovely what they are doing at the beachfront but, still the drugs and gangs remain. My local Chinese restaurant when they deliver our food sits in his car and calls from his cell phone to let us know that he is there. And why? because they are tired of being robbed.

My family and I can't wait to move, getting out of here as fast as we can.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:20 PM

359 posts, read 2,592,876 times
Default Worst Towns

I would say the worst are:

Paterson(Crime)
Asbury Park(Run Down, Crime, Curruption)
Newark(Some parts are ok though)
East Orange(****ed up)
Irvington(Higher Crime rate then Camden
Camden(high crime)
Teaneck(Curroption, Drugs, Segregation, Crime)

Old 09-14-2006, 01:22 PM

359 posts, read 2,592,876 times
Also Teaneck NJ has a currpot school system

Old 09-14-2006, 01:55 PM

43 posts, read 191,286 times
I live near Dover and don’t really understand why this town would be on the list.
Yes, its population is 50% Hispanic, but that’s doesn’t mean that the town deserves to be on worst towns list.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:00 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,328,480 times
Camden is the murder capital of NJ, with Newark being in second place (can you believe that Northern NJ?). Camden was also at one time, statistically rated the murder capital of our country (I'm sure that's changed). I don't know what #Camden is right now, but I do know that last time I checked Newark was the 4th worst city in the country for murder and other crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey