Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 11:39 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,532,938 times

Advertisements

I was just on kayak.com and was searching for Valentines day (a usually higher rate room rate in other cities) I saw hotel rates from $20-$65 a night.
These were not motels either some seem rather nice. One I look into has an indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna, game room and its own bowling alley. These where ocean fronts too.

If I go to other cities and find hotels at that rate it going to be in shady part of town.

So what gives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 11:42 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times
tourism is taking a serious beating in this economy, and tourism is all MB has.

I rented a hotel room for $65 the other night, at the Marriott Courtyard. It was $62 at the Motel Six.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:16 PM

I use to hate Myrtle Beach especially tearing down the pavilion but you cant find those kind of deals anywhere else. Pookie and I never went anywhere for Valentines so MB will make this one memorable

Old 12-15-2009, 03:07 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,533,060 times
Well part of it is that even around VD it is low season on our coast. In addition to being uncrowded many attractions will not yet be open for the year.

The weather could be nice enough to dip your feet in the ocean or too cold to go to the beach without a winter coat on but either way I'd love a rate like that to be beachfront.

I'd make sure that heat is provided in your unit because you may need it.

Old 12-15-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Well part of it is that even around VD it is low season on our coast. In addition to being uncrowded many attractions will not yet be open for the year.

The weather could be nice enough to dip your feet in the ocean or too cold to go to the beach without a winter coat on but either way I'd love a rate like that to be beachfront.

There is still enough attractions open plus if I get the hotel with heated pool jacuzzi , fitness center, sauna and bowling alley. Besides being Valentines I just want upid to hit my Pookie and I

Old 12-15-2009, 07:06 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,533,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
There is still enough attractions open plus if I get the hotel with heated pool jacuzzi , fitness center, sauna and bowling alley. Besides being Valentines I just want upid to hit my Pookie and I
Then you should have a great time.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:33 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,779,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post

This is true but you're right, there are still things to do. I went to Miami recently for a cruise and stayed overnight and got a room for $50 at the Hyatt. We used Priceline, where you bid and it was great! In the future I will always use Priceline but you have to know what you're doing on there or you could end up in a shady part of town.

How long are you staying here? Maybe we can all have dinner or lunch together, if you have time and want to.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:47 AM

59 posts, read 201,746 times
My sister just came to Myrtle Beach, her room was 45. a night through her timeshare association. I found her a really nice efficiency in Paradise something or other , can't remember the name and it was clean, super comfy, king size bedroom for 64. a night. Remember the tax is probably 9% for hotel ? or is it still 8%, not sure. I know sales tax here, below MB is 8%.

The economy is down, people need to fill rooms, it's that simple. It's a great time to be here and the weather is gonna be 65 on Christmas Day!!

Old 12-28-2009, 02:57 AM

3 posts, read 11,434 times
Check the crime postings here and the tax rates

Old 12-28-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittonsneck View Post
Check the crime postings here and the tax rates
See thats the thing hotels that i'm finding are near the former Pavillion location and there always cops out and I feel safe walking alone
In other cities your probably at the rates i'm finding will probably in a shady part of town.
These are nice resorts and a lot of businesses are open on the Grand Strand, Tanger Outlets, Aquarium etc are still open. The best part no crowd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area