Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 07:13 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,892,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittonsneck View Post
Check the crime postings here and the tax rates
It is just my opinion, but I think the crime rate is skewed. Crime rates are based on crime divided by population (permanent residents). In myrtle beach, as well as all tourist towns, the crimes committed by tourist are counted yet their number is not included in the population because they are not residents.

We moved here in August and had to jump around from place to place until my winter rental was available. There are places we liked less than others but we never felt unsafe. We heard about the crime rate before coming and after watching the local news a few times were quickly put at ease (our former local news was Baltimore ... enough said)

As for being cheap ... you betcha. I have an oceanfront, 3 bedroom, in downtown Myrtle Beach between the 2nd ave and 14th ave pier., and am only paying 900 per month from Oct. through the end of March (including EVERYTHING)! CAN'T BEAT IT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 09:45 AM

84 posts, read 393,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittonsneck View Post
Check the crime postings here and the tax rates
Hey

britonsneck, what name did you used before this one in this forum!
funny you have 3 posts under this name all talking about MB crime.
you must have just wandered in to the forum, and thought you better
be a good Samaritan, help out humanity, and save people from the crime ridden streets of Myrtle Beach, SC cause your just a great philanthropist.

Heres what I think
your an old bitty sitting around all day with nothing to do,
all upset that people, maybe OMG even northerners want to move
to your city and state, maybe you can scare a few of them off with talk of crime.

Crime ! why don't you ride with me on a business trip through Chicago, or Detroit,
we can ride past all the boarded up homes, maybe stop and roast some marshmallows on some of the half burnt buildings that still stand because they didn't spend the money to tear them down,
or a few other large cities, stop and talk to the homies about crimes and rhymes yo!

So now you can change your name, or I'm sure you have many different accounts on this forum with many names, to bad they dodn't monitor ip's.

By the way heres how I'm gonna help the crime rate in myrtle beach, I'm gonna do my best to increase the population number,
that way the percentage of crime vs population will go down, I hope thousands, and thousands of people move to SC, right next door to you.

Thanks for helping me now make this one of my life's goals!
See you on the beach bizo

Old 12-30-2009, 07:38 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,136,929 times
Rates are cheap during off season months because there are so few people who want to be there then. Many places close up and the ones open have to compete for the customers. Even renting a few rooms a day at a low rate will keep the power on and pay some of the bills.They either rent them cheap or dont rent them at all.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:21 PM

19 posts, read 73,282 times
Bottom line, it is off season. Don't forget to come and play golf, too! We're here just over seven years and love it! Come on down!

Old 01-02-2010, 11:59 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,215,551 times
How cold does it normally get during the winter? I've only been down there during the summer.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:05 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,892,389 times
Average Weather for Myrtle Beach, SC - Temperature and Precipitation

Here is a link from TWC showing average temps by month. It shows Decembers average high as 60 degrees and January as 57. That being said we can't seem to get out of the 40's lately. It was 23 degrees when I woke up this morning .... burrrrrrrrr

Old 01-03-2010, 08:55 AM

84 posts, read 393,408 times
neecewh

Yea I have been watching the temp in MB, I noticed it seemed a little cold lately, maybe Al Gore is right, we are warming up, then when I went outside to get the car ready, my god it was 1 degree up by me, with out the windchill factor, felt like I was driving a giant chunk of ice around town till the car warmed up!

Literary
Frozen

Old 01-03-2010, 10:28 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,215,551 times
Brrrr! It must feel even colder if there's a breeze off the coast.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:47 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,826,297 times
Would love to have a sea breeze blow in about now. Ocean temps are still in the upper 40's, so a breeze off the water usually warms us a little in the winter and cools us in the summer. It's those yankee winds that are killin' us...

Old 01-14-2010, 02:21 PM

4 posts, read 16,130 times
They have an absolute ton of rooms for the busy season so during the off season they'd rather get something than nothing. We stayed at the Caribbean last year during xmas for about $35 a day, as I recall. I was skeptical at first just like you, but I really do think it just comes down to supply/demand during the winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area