Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:47 AM

28 posts, read 137,812 times
Just to emphasis the point that Pawleys Dude made..

Memorial Weekend is a terrible time to visit MB. I live in MB and prefer to leave during these weekend. The Atlantic Beach Bike Fest crowd tend to completely take over most of the town and their behavior is pretty antisocial.

And by antisocial I mean criminal, dangerous and offensive.

I dont want to put anyone off comingto MB, but if this was your first experience of the town, then I would be suprised if you ever came back. Unless of course 3 day crimefests are your thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 3,803 times
I am looking for a nice place to get married at we would like the beach..new to south carolina my lady want to find a friendly spot...

Old 09-02-2010, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 3,259 times
I am a gay woman and if I have to be careful of PDA as to not offend a straight person, then straight people should be as conservative about PDA...since I may find that offensive!

Old 09-03-2010, 06:35 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,692,333 times
Dawn, I agree with you. I am a straight woman married almost 30 years. I find any PDA offensive, and embarrassing when I am with my kids (ages 17, 11 and 9) because I don't want them seeing that. I don't let them watch TV shows with PDAs (well, except for the 17 yo - he can handle it) and I don't want them seeing it "in the flesh".

Dawne (with an E)

Old 09-07-2010, 01:51 AM

61 posts, read 213,719 times
Dawn4059,

You argument is flawed, most kids mine included don't care about seeing their parents kiss and seeing other men and women kiss EACH OTHER because they are used to it. I shouldn't have to change the way I feel about my wife, and if that includes a PDA so be it, just to appease a minority of people like you who feel that is wrong because you aren't given the same right! My kids would be grossed out, as would I at seeing 2 women or 2 men kiss......face it, it just isn't natural, I have no problem with you doing it, just do it in the privacy of you home!

Old 09-08-2010, 07:52 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.L. View Post
Legit Question by newjitty, Perhaps something to that especially when MB promotted The "GAYPRIDE FESTIVAL" last year over the BIKE WEEK FESTIVITIES.
May be an extreme preference for Gays????
D.L.
Maybe MB should just have a Gay Biker Week. Then they can please everyone!

Old 09-08-2010, 09:13 AM

84 posts, read 393,470 times
Having had 3 boys I often wondered how I would handle it if one of them was gay.
it would not change the amount of love I had for any of them, nor what I have suffered
in all the years of raising them, so I try to think of everyone as someones child.

As far as PDA it can really gross me out no matter what side of the fence some ones on with their sexuality, Ive wanted to stick a sharp object in my eye after seeing straight couples make out in public.

If you wanna give your mate a small kiss in public, like ok ill see later kiss! great, I don't care if your gay, or straight,

If your gonna kiss your mate like I'm gonna lick the sea salt off your entire body, and then make love soup with it, or from the window to the wall, till sweat drops from my #$@% ! save it, I don't care how hot a lover you are, gay or straight. black or white.

PDA is just that a show of affection, a HUG ( Huge Uplifting Gesture ) or a kiss, its not not supposed to gross people out, then it becomes a public nuisance.

(Nuisance is a common law tort. It means that which causes offence )

Just my 3 cents, now I'm broke.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:19 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,138,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Maybe MB should just have a Gay Biker Week. Then they can please everyone!
I thought they were one in the same...lol

Old 09-22-2010, 12:07 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Even if you're Gay, and you do find a Gay bar, how do you know if anyone in that bar will even be friendly to you?

And you can be Straight, go to a Straight bar, and you may not find anyone who wants to be friendly with you as well.

The Gay bars here in Las Vegas are so unfriendly, being Gay, I prefer the Straight bars, or I merely put an ad on Craigslist, and bingo! you may have a date the same night!

Craigslist will eventually put many a Straight and Gay bar out of business.
Let your fingers do the walking, unless you're one of these people who craves socializing, which I'm not.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:08 PM

3 posts, read 18,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randredge View Post
Dawn4059,

My kids would be grossed out, as would I at seeing 2 women or 2 men kiss......face it, it just isn't natural, I have no problem with you doing it, just do it in the privacy of you home!

It isn't natural to you since you are straight. White people used to believe native americans were savages and african americans were property that could be bought and sold. The two minority groups I mentioned certainly did not view themselves as savages or property. Just because whites used believe these absurd things didnt make the stereotypes any more true. How did the african americans break free from slavery and gain the rights they have today? They spoke out against the majority and fought for equal rights just like the LGBT community is doing today. Thats your problem if you are grossed out by two people of the same sex sharing a kiss. Whites used to be grossed out by the thought of sharing the same drinking fountain with black people. Like it or not the LGBT community isnt going away any time soon and will continue to fight for the same rights straight people have. Maybe you should stay in the privacy of your own home if you are so grossed out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area