Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 11:00 AM

1 posts, read 3,027 times

Advertisements

Curious Northerner here: My saying is; "if you cant get along with me, then there is got to be something wrong with you!"

I visit the North Myrtle Beach Area twice a year: May & September, have timeshare at the Wyndham Hotels on the beach. I enjoy my visits there and this last trip went to visit several houses for sale in the surrounding areas. One particular house was a foreclosure, listing at 6o K in the city of Longs/SC.

The condition of the house and property are unbelievable at this price. I am retiring soon and love this property but I am leery as to why this home remains on the marker at this price? Is there something about the area /city of Longs that remains unknown to me that I should be informed as to why the house is vacant? Anything anyone can share is appreciated.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 08:18 AM

142 posts, read 363,708 times
There is nothing wrong with the Longs area, it is country (yet building and will be the next growth area) yet close to the beaches, shopping, golf and entertainment. My girlfriend lives out there but I am east/south of the waterway and that is where I like to stay

Gary

Old 06-15-2012, 06:29 PM

20 posts, read 35,499 times
If you like jacked up 4x4's and rebel flags by all means move to Conway.

Sorry but it's one click south of Redneck for the most part.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:04 AM

47 posts, read 113,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangeRover427 View Post
If you like jacked up 4x4's and rebel flags by all means move to Conway.

Sorry but it's one click south of Redneck for the most part.

thats what I like to hear!!!! Gotta love rednecks <3

Old 09-24-2012, 01:56 PM

30 posts, read 138,219 times
Perhaps all of these catastrophes wouldn't have befallen you if you weren't in the habit of blaming everyone/everything else for problems of your own making. Stop being a victim. Go back and read your post: you could have avoided/prevented and/or stopped every single instance of "hell" you mention. None of it is Conway's fault.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:42 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,107,698 times
What actually is on Main St. (downtown Conway)? Is it all antique stores or does it have restaurants/cafe's/bars? In other words, does it offer any nightlife on the weekends? What about festivals or events?

Old 09-24-2012, 08:52 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,553,668 times
I am no expert on Conway. I only drive through (when coming to MI from NJ) and to visit the Horry County courthouse, which I've only had to do once to pay my vehicle property tax. From the little that I know I would say that Conway is a working class town, not a tourist destination like the areas along the Grand Strand. There are probably good restaurants, but it would not be where I would look for clubs and other forms of nightlife.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,323 times
we are planning to move to conway in the next month or two from wisconsin anything we should know before the move?

Old 01-20-2014, 12:15 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,134,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Goldsmith View Post
we are planning to move to conway in the next month or two from wisconsin anything we should know before the move?
To the locals, you'll always be an outsider but don't take it personally.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:30 AM

8 posts, read 26,861 times
What part of Conway are you moving to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area