Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 02:18 PM

68 posts, read 362,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V65Magnafan View Post
Burned in a real estate deal? I'm looking at real estate in the MB area. Before I sign anything, I will do my due diligence. I will be sure that I fully understand the ins and outs of SC condo law, I will personally check the title search, etc. etc. And I will have a full awareness of everything I need to know before I sign on any dotted line. People burned repeatedly? You mean like putting one's finger into an electric outlet repeatedly?

Wow, talk about bitterness and naivety.

Cameragirl, give it up, move on, and learn how to paragraph. I'm happy you like Texas. You must have found a nice womb there.
WOW V65Magnafan:

Thanks for all the personal attacks. I think you have found the perfect place to match your temperment. I was just having fun with you and not intending you any harm. I had taken much that you had said in your earlier posts in a joking manner. None of my ire was directed at you in a serious way but you clearly have a bee in your bonnet toward me.

The fact remains that MB is indeed small but has major league problems and is not as inviting to outsiders as you would think. Tourists are the bread & butter to the economy in MB, so they tolerate them to a small degree, but move there and all bets are off.

For you to suggest that my husband & I had invited getting robbed and being injured- is terribly callous. I hope you and your family continue to have good luck in that aspect, but God forbid anything happen to any of you and if it does I hope that others are kinder about your situation than you were to me and our situation.

Re: the real estate deal going bad. We also did our own due diligence: we used a professional, highly-rated real estate agent, a closing attorney and a national title company and still wound up with serious infractions in every area.

Lastly, it is my personal opinion that you over-paragraph.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:19 PM

36 posts, read 138,834 times
Meh.

Out of your league.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:31 PM

540 posts, read 1,679,626 times
It's funny this topic is still going on. I met a woman today, born and raised in SC...MB to be exact. She moved to Florida when she got married and raised her children (better schools and all). She got divorced and moved back to SC after he children were older. She didn't want them to be schooled here (can't say I blame her).

She was shocked to see how things had changed (all of the building, etc). She's been here 10 years now but still doesn't like it. Now, this was coming from a SOUTHERN woman who just hit retirement age. She was in total agreement with pretty much everything we discussed today, right down to the poor educational system. (She worked for the Florida school districts for 26 years).

Now, no one is saying it's the worst state in the US. There are, after all, 49 other ones. I am hoping I will like it here, someday. Maybe when my kids have both graduated and I am no longer concerned about the poor education system...but then I'll still be dismayed about the politicial views, and the Confederate flag still flying... argh! At least we have beautiful so-called winter's here.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:36 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,348,425 times
Move to Michigan if you want to appreciate MB. Trust me, you'll be on bended knee to return.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:39 PM

540 posts, read 1,679,626 times
lol I can't take the cold unfortunately I have nerve damage in my left arm from a head injury I sustained in NY and it causes me tremendous pain. It was one of the main reasons I moved here to begin with. I was shortsighted in my thinking lol

Old 12-03-2009, 04:52 PM

245 posts, read 762,019 times
CameraGirl"s post about Texas on another thread"I do love it here and my following list is mean't only as a list of things that I feel would enhance the SA experience and people. SA needs more biking & hiking trails and more parks, more public tennis courts with lights, more public pools- I guess just a better or larger Parks & Rec. system. I miss small, independant stores- definitely boutique stores and most importantly more "boutique shopping areas". It's nice to spend the day at a boutique district and shop, eat and spend leisurely time at. More art districts. More theater, a ballet company (more dance companies period) and opera. More concerts- a really nice outdoor venue that could draw bigger acts. Absolutely more- independant bookstores. More bookstores that authors come to for signings. Also, independant music & CD stores. More individual neighborhoods with their own identity- like King William but an Italian area, a jewish neighborhood etc... with support businesses for each area. More big airlines using SA as a HUB- the cost of traveling out of here is outrageous. Light rail everywhere! Art house theaters. I almost hate to say it but- IKEA and Trader Joe's. I mean seriously- it would be great to have them as a choice, at least. Now, for the low brow things- Steak & Shake (the fries alone are to die for) and Dunkin' Donuts (their breakfasts are out of this world).

A concept that could certainly bring in greater variety of services and revenue- would be if we were able to draw in a Movie studio here- for commercials, TV and movies. A similar concept was in consideration in Austin, but it fell apart. It would be great if SA got it instead.

Having more cultural things beyond what is already here would only enhance the everyday experience of life. "
You are what I refer to as a constant bitcher. And the fact you call yourself a writer is LMAO funny!

Old 12-03-2009, 04:58 PM

245 posts, read 762,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbychoice14 View Post
OMG...YOU MOVED TO San Antoino...which is one of the worse places I have ever been....good riddance.
ps...I saw where you were complaining about things there too.
Oh yeah I am so hostile...sounds like you are overly sensitive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area