Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 11:14 AM

6 posts, read 10,353 times

Advertisements

How do the locals feel about the education here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 12:51 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,719,742 times
Not sure I understand your question...college level classes or other level?
And do you want to know if people feel they or their children are receiving a good education?

Old 01-29-2014, 04:21 PM

As far as a college education goes. My son is considering the school, I have researched it and have been at the campus. I like what I see, I was just wondering what the local perception is of the school?

Old 01-30-2014, 04:11 AM

244 posts, read 715,304 times
CCU has some interesting contrasts. Don't know if you've seen it but the campus is beautiful and has all the features and amenities you'd expect from a full-fledged university. It has a diverse student body, about 50% from out of state, and a wide array of academic programs. However, its admissions standards are relatively low and accordingly so are its retention and graduation rates. I know that they want to grow and improve and it would be nice to see them do so.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:59 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,129,032 times
It's fantastic! One of my lifelong girlfriend's parents, Tom and Robin Edwards, donated millions for their building and another, Bob Brooks , (Hooters) gave the money for the stadium. It is locally supported and a really good school.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:43 PM

Thank you very much. I have been on campus and it is beautiful. It is very impressive. I would be very comfortable with my son attending school there. I like the academic programs they offer. We are doing an "official visit" on Saturday after Easter, I am excited to learn more.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAschoolnurse View Post
Thank you very much. I have been on campus and it is beautiful. It is very impressive. I would be very comfortable with my son attending school there. I like the academic programs they offer. We are doing an "official visit" on Saturday after Easter, I am excited to learn more.
Your son will find that Coastal attracts such prestigious professors because the move here for the warm weather, the beach, and golf.

The Grand Strand really supports Coastal and you'll find in many business Coastal grads are given preferential treatment over other job applicants.

I really cannot say enough nice things about Coastal.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:08 PM

161 posts, read 330,557 times
My daughter graduated from CCU in 2011- if you need specifics feel free to inbox me. She loved it.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:23 PM

538 posts, read 1,008,889 times
PAnurse....We're moving down from NY in July (right after the school year).
My daughter will be attending CCU for at least the first year or 2. She liked it a lot compared to the other schools we visited (UofSC and College of Charleston). I'm sure your son will be fine.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC here I come View Post
PAnurse....We're moving down from NY in July (right after the school year).
My daughter will be attending CCU for at least the first year or 2. She liked it a lot compared to the other schools we visited (UofSC and College of Charleston). I'm sure your son will be fine.
I have a lot of respect for Coastal but surprised anyone chose it over USC or CofC. Maybe it was a size thing? I can remember having my 101 classes with 1500 people in them at USC.

Your daughter will be very happy at Coastal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area