Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 02:32 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,892,389 times

Advertisements

Seasons at Prince Creek is a 55+ in Murrells Inlet. They are ranch style homes. The new builds are over your budget, but you might find a resale under 250,000 (although if you do it will still be at the very upper end of your budget). That being said, there are many other communities that are not 55+. Many are on golf courses, but I think you will see that the HOA fees will only vary depending on what amenities the community has (pool, fitness, tennis etc) and what it includes not if it is on a golf course.

As for bike week, everyone feels differently. I think you will find many hear the wonderful ching ching of the local businesses cash registers every time one of those beautiful bikes pass by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 05:43 AM

638 posts, read 993,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Gosh, I thought this was my posting. Those reasons are mine for sure too
You will pay most likely between $350 and $600 on property tax. It all depends on your home.
That being for a home 1900sq ft. to about 2500sq ft. or so.

What is high is wind and hail. Wind and hail can cost you $1100/1300. Depends on home size also.
Flood insurance you would want to get with your home insurance. It is about $300 for 1900 sq ft.
Plan on paying a car tax which can be low up to 300 for a brand new car.

Still the fees don't add up to our 5,000 + school tax in Pa. not counting the town tax.

No bog fires going on.... I've never seen one actually.
In your property tax quotes,were you quoting city or county taxes? Don't you have to pay both if you live in Market Common? If that was city tax,then what is county? If that was county,what is city? Thanks!

Old 08-02-2013, 05:46 AM

To the original poster(Jerseygirl) there is a thread on here entitled Market Common Single Home Builders you might be interested in reading that is very informative.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:22 AM

43 posts, read 114,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover of Animals View Post
To the original poster(Jerseygirl) there is a thread on here entitled Market Common Single Home Builders you might be interested in reading that is very informative.
That's my thread. I should probably do an update there since I just bought in cresswind, and have been living in Dr Horton Highlands!

Loving it in Market Common: come join us!

Old 08-03-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicX View Post
That's my thread. I should probably do an update there since I just bought in cresswind, and have been living in Dr Horton Highlands!

Loving it in Market Common: come join us!
Yes, you do! PLEASE DO!! Tell us some of your experiences and what made you choose Cresswind over the other builders and neighborhoods. Could you answer my question about the taxes? Thanks!

Old 08-03-2013, 05:36 PM

Logicx....... Have you heard anything about a developer wanting to put affordable,low income homes in Market Common?

Old 08-05-2013, 02:25 PM

Logicx....WE ARE IMPATIENTLY WAITING!!!!!

Old 08-06-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Crestwind at Market Common. That is $200+ and is in a 55+ that you can get around in a golf cart.

No golf course attached. Also it is in biking or cart riding distance to all the stores, movie, grocery, book store. etc.

I would just say to buy towards the back although I don't think the majority of bikers are driving through the Market Common.

Yes, you do get use to the tiny buzz in the air from the cycles. Plus, we tend to go in areas that most will not congregate at.
Cresswind is not a 55+ development! It's active,but for all ages.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:24 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,659,872 times
Sorry, I saw it advertised as an Active Adult Community on line and on signs.
In the past that usually meant a 55+ environment.
All ages sounds good to me. I think they should redo some of their media advertisements. Spread the word around that all are welcomed.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I saw it advertised as an Active Adult Community on line and on signs.
In the past that usually meant a 55+ environment.
All ages sounds good to me. I think they should redo some of their media advertisements. Spread the word around that all are welcomed.
No problem....it was an honest mistake. Now days,I think active means there are a lot of community activities they offer that you can be involved in for all different ages. Logicx, who supposedly just bought in there,is only in his 20's and when we went on the VIP tour a few months ago,we were told it was for all ages. However,it was not for us for many reasons which I listed in the Single Family Homes In Market Common thread.

Last edited by Lover of Animals; 08-07-2013 at 05:35 AM.. Reason: punctuation correction and additional comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area