Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 10:44 PM

538 posts, read 1,009,642 times

Advertisements

Shabby it will go by sooooooo fast. We made the choice to move down there (still up here in NY, not moving til this upcoming July 2014) in Sept 2012. July of 2014 was soooooooooooo far away.....now it's only a drop in the bucket. Once the holidays pass....forgettaboutit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 07:00 AM

253 posts, read 470,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC here I come View Post
Shabby it will go by sooooooo fast. We made the choice to move down there (still up here in NY, not moving til this upcoming July 2014) in Sept 2012. July of 2014 was soooooooooooo far away.....now it's only a drop in the bucket. Once the holidays pass....forgettaboutit.
SC...you are right, but some days it seems the clock is running backwards!

I am a professor, so I live my life in semesters! I now have 2 semesters and a mini-mester left 'til I have fun in the sun at my fav-o-rite beach - Myrtle - whoo-hoo!

Old 12-19-2013, 01:35 PM

538 posts, read 1,009,642 times
Shabby,

Backwards....oh yes, many the day the clock seemed to be stuck in the same position for days at a time. Have you picked a community/house/apt place to live yet?

Old 12-19-2013, 08:12 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,704,766 times
I envyyou both, I've just started planning and have to wait until the summer of 2017!

Old 12-19-2013, 08:28 PM

Retire...hang in there and keep the faith - you will get to the beach soon!

SC, not sure where we're going to live. We like Socastee area, Surfside (west of 17) and also North Myrtle. Caropines, Brandy Mill, and Glenmere communities seem nice. I plan to go to my sister's (in North Myrtle) to stay at her vacation home next December and just look 'til I find something.

We cannot really rent since we have 3 little chihuahuas and a CAT!

Not sure landlords would approve and my little "divas" are used to their own personal outside "potty" so apartments are out!

Old 12-23-2013, 04:05 PM

78 posts, read 136,510 times
So Shabby are you a native of the MB area then?

Old 12-23-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Strand-Family View Post
So Shabby are you a native of the MB area then?
Grand...no, not a native. I grew up in South Carolina and lived most of my life in Columbia (brief stints in Rock Hill and Charleston). However, from the time I was a very small child, my family vacationed in the Myrtle Beach area every summer, and I continued that tradition with my own sons.

The last time I was at the beach was the summer before I left to teach in Texas - 1990 - and I can say that Texas "beaches" just cannot compare!

Old 12-24-2013, 12:57 AM

78 posts, read 136,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbycasa View Post
Grand...no, not a native. I grew up in South Carolina and lived most of my life in Columbia (brief stints in Rock Hill and Charleston). However, from the time I was a very small child, my family vacationed in the Myrtle Beach area every summer, and I continued that tradition with my own sons.

The last time I was at the beach was the summer before I left to teach in Texas - 1990 - and I can say that Texas "beaches" just cannot compare!

So you have been away for 20+ years. You might not even know the place now unless you have been back to visit MB.

Even myself who grew up going to MB as a kid for vacation and then as adults we made 100s of trips to MB for vacation.

Now my kids grew up going to MB every summer.

As a tourist I watched things change. Was one of the first customers in line at Hard Rock when it opened.
We were the first customers in the door when the Gatlin Bros opened their place and is now closed sadly.

Wish you well in getting back home to SC.

Old 12-24-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Strand-Family View Post
So you have been away for 20+ years. You might not even know the place now unless you have been back to visit MB.....Wish you well in getting back home to SC.
I have been back twice in the last few years and you're right, it has changed immensely. Sad to see so many things I remember no longer there; however, that beautiful ocean and white sand remain and that's what I'm so looking forward to seeing regularly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area