Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 09:48 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,714,979 times

Advertisements

We spent the weekend at the wonderful Home Show in the Convention Hall, at Myrtle Beach.
Wow, that place was full of so many ideas.
Overhead louvers for shade and sun that works by remote. Awesome for a patio.
Imprints for a driveway with the most fantastic designs. Some with a sailboat centered in a circle and some with a palm...amongst others.
Lots of bath remodel ideas, kitchens too.
Pool companies galore, and of course with the wonderful summers we adore.
Boat rentals and floor coatings. Home builders and jewelry makers. A little bit of everything.
I met a wonderful artist and came home with her fishing boat picture taken down by Shem Creek.

I really love this state and especially Myrtle Beach. There is always something new and inviting to do here.

So, we also managed to get tickets to the Hootie and the Blowfish after the Masters Tournament. This will have lots of celebrities and some great golfers such as our own Dustin Johnson. I have wanted to catch him at a golf event.

Sometimes, so much is listed to do that, there is not enough hours in the day to get to all the festivities. Just wait until Spring rolls in, in full force...Festivals galore.

A few of the many reasons why " I Love You" Myrtle Beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 10:28 AM

142 posts, read 364,304 times
And I should have posted that I was going to be at the Home Show all weekend, I was there supporting Habitat for Humanity and we exceeded the goal set forth before the show in how much money we would raise with the Myrtle Beach Promotions Discount Card program.

To those that did support us with the $15 we were asking for, and those that filled out applications to join on the next house build or that signed up for the upcoming Bed Race on April 20th, thank you

Gary

Old 02-25-2013, 02:54 PM

Gosh sorry I didn't see that display. We loved the dogs for the disabled Veteran dogs. The dogs would grab your dollars and bring them back to the bucket. ( they got a lot of treats)

We couldn't join the house building but I love that organization. Wish I would have known where you were set up.

There is a Habitat building up off of 544 that collects items, its a very big building and fun to visit.
I have a few donations to head there soon.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:51 PM

142 posts, read 364,304 times
We were at the opposite end of the building from the Rescue Dogs, right behind the Concrete Outdoor Benches, fountains and stuff.

That is the Habitat I help raise money for, I live less than 5 minutes from there.

Gary

Old 02-25-2013, 05:11 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,683,683 times
Default Items

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary2beach View Post
We were at the opposite end of the building from the Rescue Dogs, right behind the Concrete Outdoor Benches, fountains and stuff.

That is the Habitat I help raise money for, I live less than 5 minutes from there.

Gary

What do they need? PM me if that is something we aren't supposed to post on here. Thanks!

Old 02-25-2013, 05:12 PM

Default Dogs for dollars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Gosh sorry I didn't see that display. We loved the dogs for the disabled Veteran dogs. The dogs would grab your dollars and bring them back to the bucket. ( they got a lot of treats)

We couldn't join the house building but I love that organization. Wish I would have known where you were set up.

There is a Habitat building up off of 544 that collects items, its a very big building and fun to visit.
I have a few donations to head there soon.

Wish I could've been there to see those cute dogs collecting dollars! I would've gone home without any money, though......

Old 02-25-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Wish I could've been there to see those cute dogs collecting dollars! I would've gone home without any money, though......
Oh you have to go next time. You should have went with us, so many fun ideas and new things all the time.

So, they have dogs of all types. I was so in love with the golden retriever, and wanted him to come get my dollars. Instead along comes the Pitt and yanks them so fast I couldn't even say "boo."

Old 02-25-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
What do they need? PM me if that is something we aren't supposed to post on here. Thanks!
Well, Gary will be the one to answer this so he can correct me if I am wrong. It seems anyone can come and purchase the items that are there. Different furniture, lamps, tables etc.

They have various televisions for sale also that people donated. I have a large one I'd like to drop off soon.
We have visited and strolled around because the idea it was a Habitat organization thrilled me.

I'm sure it is a nonprofit organization and we can talk about it.

I've seen items such as washers and dryers in the back, refrigerators too. You are allowed into the warehouse area.

Not sure what they might need the most but it sure is an interesting place.

By Gosh...Gary must live by me...very surprised.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:35 PM

Default Next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Oh you have to go next time. You should have went with us, so many fun ideas and new things all the time.

So, they have dogs of all types. I was so in love with the golden retriever, and wanted him to come get my dollars. Instead along comes the Pitt and yanks them so fast I couldn't even say "boo."
We will make sure and try to go next time. Sounds like fun in so many ways. I would love the dog part the best. Sounds so cute!

Old 02-25-2013, 05:40 PM

Gary2thebeach,
I did see the benches and fountains. I'm almost sure I didn't turn that corner.

I am having the garage screen door person come this week. I love the one that rolls up just below your own garage door. When you need it it comes down and has a doorway. When you don't ( winter time) its up, up and away.
I think I will get the white, non-see-thru, or almost anyhow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area