Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 05:46 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,659,872 times

Advertisements

The dogs are always there. For insurance reasons you can't step into his area at all. I heard him mention it last year, and this year. Perhaps he should have a sign.
All the people who love dogs want to go in and pat them. Some are laying and resting on the rugs of the vendor area. But, they stroll out. There are small and large dogs. Some were just so adorable. It make me always hope a disabled Vet sees one and can try to obtain him. However, they might make the choice for you. I think they do a match they like. The person has to also go to some classes, once in a blue moon I think it just doesn't work.
Happily, the majority of times it does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 05:47 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,670,349 times
Default Donations, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Well, Gary will be the one to answer this so he can correct me if I am wrong. It seems anyone can come and purchase the items that are there. Different furniture, lamps, tables etc.

They have various televisions for sale also that people donated. I have a large one I'd like to drop off soon.
We have visited and strolled around because the idea it was a Habitat organization thrilled me.

I'm sure it is a nonprofit organization and we can talk about it.

I've seen items such as washers and dryers in the back, refrigerators too. You are allowed into the warehouse area.

Not sure what they might need the most but it sure is an interesting place.

By Gosh...Gary must live by me...very surprised.
So, do they both sell items and take donations? Is it mostly a donation place and then they also sell the items to get money for Habitat? I have things I would donate, but I'm also looking to buy a used refrigerator for my garage. I have one out there now, but the freezer part isn't a freezer any more. It broke a little bit and is now just an extra fridge for all intents and purposes and I really need some extra freezer space. I don't want just a freezer though, because I like to have the additional fridge space for bottled water, beer, soft drinks, etc. that won't fit in the one I have in the house.

I'm leaning towards just buying a new fridge for my garage, but if I could buy a used one in good condition and also be helping Habitat, that would be great.

So anyway, Summering - where is this place, exactly?

Old 02-25-2013, 05:50 PM

Sum - I want to know more about that garage screen door!

Old 02-25-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Sum - I want to know more about that garage screen door!
Ok to answer a few questions. As far as I know you can donate or you can buy. I also came across a person who will pick up items you want from a store, or wherever. He has been helpful in picking something up I found in Pawleys.
The Habitat you can see from the Socastee library it is across from it. So you'd need to take the loop by BiLi on 544 and go left on 707 just up to the Turtle gas station and that light. To leave is easier just bear right and it head back out on 544.

The Garage Door is something we have been looking at, and now that the garage is in better shape ( barely) I am ready for it.
They had a demo there. So when you want it down you just use a pull strap and it comes down. Other then that it rolls up just under your garage door and out of the way. It can have different types of screening. White gives the most non-see-thru. It was shown with white trim. It has a center door so when it is down you can go thru.( that can lock also) Some of the screening is made for pets.
We have checked other ones but they slide into the sides and not out of the way, as we see it.
This was at the Overhead Garage Door Company, MB. Very nice people and good pricing.

Mr Summering does wood carving and he has his own little work bench area and tools there. I think it will give great breezes in the spring and fall. I also can leave the screen on the kitchen door and get some air flow. Mr. S still has to organize that garage, about now it needs a womans touch.
Sure you know what I mean. LOL
DM me if you need other info..Thanks

Old 02-26-2013, 05:32 AM

Thanks so much!

Old 02-26-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Thanks so much!
It just goes up, up, and away and comes with white screens also.

http://www.ohdcoastal.com/index.php?...id=5&Itemid=69

Old 02-28-2013, 09:30 AM

142 posts, read 363,271 times
Woah, too many questions

Yes we live near each other, if I recall your off 544 near Big Block Rd maybe the development across the street, I'm off 707 in Bridgecreek, so around the corner.

Habitat runs a Restore across from the Library as mentioned and you can arrange to have large items picked-up. Please note that they are a little fussy about what to take, it can not be damaged, soiled, etc. Also older TV's are not readily being accepted as the market for these is about gone.

The present house contruct is almost complete and Gwen (the gal it was built for) should be able to move in within the next month.

The next house constuct will take place starting in about 5-6 weeks and folks can volenteer
their time and work 4 hour shifts.

You can get an application on line at the website and/or learn about the organiztion and the Bed Race taking place April 20th. http://www.habitatmb.org/

You can also buy the #1 Discount Card that includes the most businesses of any other program, offering unlimited use for the year.

Gary

Old 03-02-2013, 04:14 AM

96 posts, read 220,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary2beach View Post
Woah, too many questions

Yes we live near each other, if I recall your off 544 near Big Block Rd maybe the development across the street, I'm off 707 in Bridgecreek, so around the corner.

Habitat runs a Restore across from the Library as mentioned and you can arrange to have large items picked-up. Please note that they are a little fussy about what to take, it can not be damaged, soiled, etc. Also older TV's are not readily being accepted as the market for these is about gone.

The present house contruct is almost complete and Gwen (the gal it was built for) should be able to move in within the next month.

The next house constuct will take place starting in about 5-6 weeks and folks can volenteer
their time and work 4 hour shifts.

You can get an application on line at the website and/or learn about the organiztion and the Bed Race taking place April 20th. Habitat Home Page.html

You can also buy the #1 Discount Card that includes the most businesses of any other program, offering unlimited use for the year.

Gary
Awesome

Old 03-06-2013, 05:54 PM

I also loved seeing the Transformation Doors at the Home Show here in Myrtle Beach. They take your door and cut out the center area and replace it with a stain glass/beveled glass section. That business is nearby us on 17 bypass.

At the Blue Moon exhibit we saw a wonderful fountain and a booklet with others. I went there this week and bought a nice fountain for the birds and for the garden too. It has a sailboat with a light under it where the water comes up.
I can put the light on a timer. The water flow doesn't take much water and it works so nicely. The stand is about 3 feet tall and I ordered it in a sandstone color. I have to wait for a full load from NJ to come this way. Yep, made in my home state. Now...it has a long trip here.

After the Home Show there was a Robotic Competition and it was free to attend if the boys were here we would have taken them as it looks very interesting.

Just love that there is always something going on here.

Right now the garden centers are filling up with plants and trees...Palm trees too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area