Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 01:08 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,992,619 times

Advertisements

Remember the post inquiring if MB was a redneck city?? We all cringe when Honey Boo Boo from Georgia is mentioned ... TLC has done it this time with another new reality show .... drum roll here ....

Welcome to Myrtle Manor

VIDEO TLC's Welcome To Myrtle Manor super trailer

Ten one hour episodes revolving around a local trailer park in Myrtle Beach. TLC, once known as The Learning Channel, use to have great shows. I remember when it was truly a learning channel.

Disclaimer: No offense meant if we have any members of this forum living in this trailer park. JMHO I hate reality shows that are usually so fake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 01:22 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,032 posts, read 6,565,268 times
I agree with your take on TLC. They should change the name to reflect the crap they air.... Same with The Discovery Channel and, to a lesser extent, The History Channel.

Actually the trailer makes it look funny and interesting, but I don't believe in supporting (by watching) stuff like that! From the trailer I would say more "WT" then Redneck.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:28 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,843,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
...I remember when it was truly a learning channel.
Au contraire, CW. This is a historically significant series. It lets us see what MB was like before I-95 was built.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:28 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,338,729 times
What is it anyway with all these "redneck" reality shows on TV all of a sudden? There's "Moonshiners", "Duck Dynasty", "Swamp People", "Buckwild", the illustrious "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo", and now "Welcome to Myrtle Manor".

If I didn't know better, I would think it was a combined effort by native Southerners to dissuade any more Yankees from moving South....

Old 02-16-2013, 02:57 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,992,619 times
Does anyone know where this trailer park is located in MB? This article states it was formerly Patrick's Mobile Park. I don't know if the name was changed just for the show or is really Myrtle Manor.

'Welcome to Myrtle Manor' trailer park reality series to premiere March 3 on TLC - Reality TV World

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I agree with your take on TLC.

From the trailer I would say more "WT" then Redneck.

It appears "WT" to me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
Au contraire, CW. This is a historically significant series. It lets us see what MB was like before I-95 was built.
PD ..You are being nice and even speaking French! I know what you really mean ... what MB was like before the Yanks invaded us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
What is it anyway with all these "redneck" reality shows on TV all of a sudden? There's "Moonshiners", "Duck Dynasty", "Swamp People", "Buckwild", the illustrious "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo", and now "Welcome to Myrtle Manor".

If I didn't know better, I would think it was a combined effort by native Southerners to dissuade any more Yankees from moving South....
Over the reality tv years they have used other areas and other gimmicks and basically stayed away from the South ... until now ... you just might be right ... stay away from the south.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:16 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,338,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Over the reality tv years they have used other areas and other gimmicks and basically stayed away from the South ... until now ... you just might be right ... stay away from the south.
LOL, not to worry, we have no plans, although I might be that one Yankee in a million who does acclimate since I'm a Baptist who voted for Romney....I have no discernable accent...and I don't mind standing in line...

Old 02-16-2013, 03:25 PM

Can't fool ya', can I, CW.

According to a recent article in the Sun News, it's still Patrick's, although a name change would not surprise me. It's located on Hwy 15 between Hwy 17 Bypass and Business, close to the airport.

Patrick's Mobile Home Park - Myrtle Beach, SC - Local Business | Facebook

Old 02-16-2013, 04:04 PM

32 posts, read 68,764 times
I actually know some of those people on there which is just sad. the fact that they are going to make money off of this is even worse.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:52 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,714,979 times
Well, its sad because that is not what Myrtle Beach is. So there are a few trailer parks just like in all of America. That fact doesn't define us.
A small stamp of an area that is not the typical " Fun in the Sun" Myrtle Beach.
We have so many upbeat areas that are full of entertaining things to behold. Its too bad they filmed this. Not much we can do about it now unfortunately.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:34 PM

Folks! Lighten up! This is entertainment! It's what Americans want, sittin' in their dual recliners, eatin' tater chips! As somebody once said, "The only bad publicity is an obituary." Does the "Swamp Hunters" really reflect Louisiana? Does the "Real Housewives of New Jersey" really reflect New Jer.... Wait, maybe that's a bad example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area