Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 09:11 AM

142 posts, read 364,740 times

Advertisements

OK, now that this thread has about died down I will add:

The "stars" as someone mentioned do not live there, heck they don;t even live in Myrtle Beach and have never lived in a trailer.

Patrick's is on Hwy 15 which is the 1st right coming out of the airport towards 17 bypass, then about 1/2 mile on the left, it has been there for many years, I have friends that use to live there and moved out 15 years ago, as well as some of their family still lives there.

The pool was never there before filming, my buddy R-lo at Pools Up installed it.

As for how it will make Myrtle Beach look, most people realize that all reality TV is not "real" that the producers already know what they want to happen and ensure that it goes that way, they do not put Millions of Dollars into a project to hope it works, they do everything in their power and direction to see that it works and keeps people watching, ratings.

This will be great for Myrtle Beach, the name will get out to places that we do not reach today, people will be Searching us online and we will get additional visitors from this.

I have a sales and marketing background and I'm telling you this is Millions of dollars worth of advertising for Myrtle Beach.

Gary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 01:34 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,687,692 times
http://myrtlebeach.thedigitel.com/ar...e-c-38650-0110

Old 02-21-2013, 02:28 PM

10,113 posts, read 11,001,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
I really need to get out more ... or get in front of my tv more ... I don't have a clue what y'all are talking about. I don't know who or what Honey Boo Boo is. I never heard of "Moonshiners", "Swamp People", or "Buckwild". I have heard my son mention he was watching "Duck Dynasty", but up until this thread I thought it was a duck hunting show. To top it all off, I didn't even realize that TLC was no longer The Learning Channel.

... all that said, I think curiosity might just get me to pull up a seat on March 3rd. Who could resist? The trailer looks intriguing!

I have one grandchild now 14 years old ... when he was a toddler I had no idea who or even what a Teletubbies was. I did know "Barney." Same with the shows you named. Several weeks ago he was in our home and I was introduced to "Duck Dynasty." One time was all it took for me ... grandson loves the show (but he is 14.)

My oldest daughter called me and said 'Mother turn on your TV ... look at that kid and her mother' ... it was Honey Boo Boo. I turned the TV on and immediately asked daughter are they from South Carolina and she replied no they are from Georgia ... "whew" thank goodness.

One of the most beautiful areas of South Carolina is "The Cherokee Foothills Scenic Highway." It is 112 miles long and the Cherokee Indians called it the "Great Blue Hills of God." We like to go there in the spring Strawberry Hill U.S.A. and fall.

The SC portion (Bill, Josh & Cutie Pie) of "Moonshiners" is filmed in that area and they do hold an annual "Plum Hollow Festival" and "Moonshiners Reunion & Mountain Music Festival" in Campobello, SC. I have watched a couple of episodes of "Moonshiners" but it's just not my cup of tea. LOL I am sure the show has increased interest in the music festivals.

Long ago The Learning Channel was a learning experience ... do you recall they use to have the operation of the month and run it weekly ... real surgery in the OR ... doctors would discuss the case and then take audience inside the OR as the surgery was performed. I would go to work and an employee or two would ask 'have you seen the surgery on TLC' ... with all the medical info provided we felt like we could do kidney transplants ... open heart surgery ... give our dogs or cats a hysterectomy.

"Welcome to Myrtle Manor" will probably generate interest in The Grand Strand. People may or may not realize it's a reality show. I don't think the show will hurt MB.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:48 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,900,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post

Long ago The Learning Channel was a learning experience ... do you recall they use to have the operation of the month and run it weekly ... real surgery in the OR ... doctors would discuss the case and then take audience inside the OR as the surgery was performed. I would go to work and an employee or two would ask 'have you seen the surgery on TLC' ... with all the medical info provided we felt like we could do kidney transplants ... open heart surgery ... give our dogs or cats a hysterectomy.

Oh my gosh, CarolinaWoman, I didn't until you mentioned it, but yes I do recall that. Those were the days of the real DIY!

Old 02-23-2013, 10:36 PM

882 posts, read 3,545,091 times
Default response

Response is bold red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary2beach View Post
OK, now that this thread has about died down I will add:

The "stars" as someone mentioned do not live there, heck they don;t even live in Myrtle Beach and have never lived in a trailer.
Yes, yes they ARE from Myrtle Beach.... Taylor Burt, Anne Johnson, Jessica Burke, Roy ?, and Gina Shelley are, without a doubt FROM Horry County. I know this for a fact because I know ALL of them personally. The two blondes that operate the wiener stand I'm not so sure about.

Patrick's is on Hwy 15 which is the 1st right coming out of the airport towards 17 bypass, then about 1/2 mile on the left, it has been there for many years, I have friends that use to live there and moved out 15 years ago, as well as some of their family still lives there.

The pool was never there before filming, my buddy R-lo at Pools Up installed it.
This is correct.

This will be great for Myrtle Beach, the name will get out to places that we do not reach today, people will be Searching us online and we will get additional visitors from this.

I have a sales and marketing background and I'm telling you this is Millions of dollars worth of advertising for Myrtle Beach.
Thank you baby Jesus! SOMEONE else understands the inherent value in the advertising this will provide the area.

Gary

Old 02-25-2013, 10:39 AM

142 posts, read 364,740 times
rru, I did not say they were not from Horry County, I said Myrtle Beach. Horry County is larger than the State of RI and Taylor has never lived in a trailer. The hair salon was also made for the show. You got most of my other points.

Gary

Old 03-03-2013, 09:07 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,226,368 times
I just watched the show and hate to see such a thing actually associated with Myrtle beach. Its 100% made for Tv BS..I know for a fact that in Myrtle beach there is no way in a million years that anyone will be permitted to sell hot dogs from a cart on or near the beach or any other place there...It makes me mad that the tv show producers can make fun of an entire area with fake situations as the show has. How can they get away with it. We will never see these producers making fun of other ethnic groups and the show needs to be cancelled,

Old 03-03-2013, 09:30 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,033 posts, read 6,572,494 times
Vote with your remote..... During that time slot I watched a couple more episodes of "Breaking Bad" which is not too bad. Especially on Netflix without ads.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:32 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,850,751 times
LOL!! I thought the show was a hoot! I guess it reminded me of when I used to live in the South. At least a couple of the cast had to be modeled after some of my in-laws.

IMO, it was as good as any of the network comedies, I would luv to see ABC pick it up. Yeah, a few of the actors were lame, but I thought Miss Peggy, Roy, the wiener girls and the guard were outstanding. We need more Miss Peggy's around MB! At least most of 'em speak American, unlike them weird Downtown Abby folks...

Great publicity for MB. The beach shots were worth their weight in gold. 4 stars to TLC!!

Last edited by PawleysDude; 03-04-2013 at 04:57 AM..

Old 03-04-2013, 04:48 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,687,692 times
Hilarious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area