Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 12:50 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,989,642 times

Advertisements

I missed the show ... but I am sure I will be able to pick up the re-run. My 32 year old niece was killed Thursday in a car accident and my very very best neighbor passed away Friday. Two funerals for us and not much TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 01:01 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,682,110 times
Default So sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I missed the show ... but I am sure I will be able to pick up the re-run. My 32 year old niece was killed Thursday in a car accident and my very very best neighbor passed away Friday. Two funerals for us and not much TV.

Wow! Life can really slap you in the face sometimes, can't it? I am so, so sorry that you lost your niece and your neighbor. Don't know you, obviously, but am sending love to you and your family.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:22 PM

11,714 posts, read 24,872,325 times
The weiner girls are my favorite.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:29 PM

1,145 posts, read 2,881,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
Oh, Sunshine, that would rank right up there with "The Bachelorette" for excitement. Let's see, "Pawleys Island Real Life" could have three episodes. "Early Bird" would feature half the population having a 4pm dinner, ordering water and asking if they can split an entree. "Upper Crust" would feature diners at Frank's and Jive Possum, seeing who could race their Mercedes the fastest back to the gated enclaves. Finally, "Night Life" would focus on the roads being rolled up each nite about 9pm.

Personally, I'm lookin' forward to Myrtle Manor. It might not replace Honey Boo Boo, but NASCAR will be over by 9pm, so there's nothing else left to watch.

PD you are just HYSTERICAL!!! I couldn't give you any more rep love but sending good thoughts your way!!! Thanks for the giggles today..... BTW, you should do open mic night at the comedy club!! Really!

Old 03-04-2013, 02:50 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,796,930 times
I didn't plan to watch but after watching The Bible on History channel and about to watch Vikings decided to go with dumb. Of course it's another fake reality show but can say a few people did remind me of a few of neighbors. I don't live in a trailer park but I do have neighbors that would easily drink then light a TV in the front yard. This would be after they did target practice for 3 hours with a shotgun. Don't think I'll watch again, I can just look out my front window!

Old 03-04-2013, 04:30 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
The weiner girls are my favorite.
NO where in Myrtle beach is selling hot dogs from a cart permitted..The winnie girls are tv fakes .Im not even a native to area but been there enough to know this. They only thing I know of sold on the beaches is rental of beach umbrellas and the city owns the umbrellas. I think the myrtle beach city should outlaw this show.I bet if the show focused only on a bunch of yankee transplants it would never be made.I like myrtle beach and dont like to see it insulted and made fun of.

Last edited by Global Friend; 03-05-2013 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: Please refrain from racist remarks.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:24 PM

312 posts, read 734,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
I didn't plan to watch but after watching The Bible on History channel and about to watch Vikings decided to go with dumb. Of course it's another fake reality show but can say a few people did remind me of a few of neighbors. I don't live in a trailer park but I do have neighbors that would easily drink then light a TV in the front yard. This would be after they did target practice for 3 hours with a shotgun. Don't think I'll watch again, I can just look out my front window!

Yep! Rapture.....or my husband can tell me all about his day and the "colorful" Myrtle Beach folks he had the pleasure to encounter on a typical day at work! P.S. I didn't watch but looked at the TLC clips on the net and must say the weiner girls are going to be a hit!

Old 03-05-2013, 01:55 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,796,930 times
I don't know why anyone would get upset over the show. There's tons of fake reality shows on tv about all kinds of people and different areas. Sure some truth to stereotypes but most people are smart enough to know not everyone in a particular area is the way its portrayed. I'm from the Jersey shore and believe me, not everyone there is like the people on that show Jersey Shore. Are there some like that, absolutely! I'm also Italian, spent a lot of time in tanning salons and went out A LOT when I lived there so there you go. It is what it is. I didn't get in bar fights and get drunk on the beach.

By the way, my comments were true but meant for a laugh, not to offend. My worst neighbors are not even from this area. Plus I live in Conway, not MB and not in a sub-division. This is why I've said many times on this forum, if you don't like the possibility of trash, cars, appliances on your neighbors yards...you don't like shotguns bieng shot all hours, day after day in the next yard....you don't like tons of stray animals w/ no collars and name tags, then move to a sub-division where they have rules. Otherwise, expect anything can happen. It is what it is. Anyone who says this doesn't go on here, doesn't get out much or only goes to tourist locations. Anyway, if offended by the show, change the channel. : )

Old 03-05-2013, 02:33 PM

11,714 posts, read 24,872,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
NO where in Myrtle beach is selling hot dogs from a cart permitted..The winnie girls are tv fakes .Im not even a native to area but been there enough to know this. They only thing I know of sold on the beaches is rental of beach umbrellas and the city owns the umbrellas. I think the myrtle beach city should outlaw this show.I bet if the show focused only on a bunch of yankee transplants it would never be made.I like myrtle beach and dont like to see it insulted and made fun of.
Fakes? Noooo. I wanted to meet them.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:57 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Fakes? Noooo. I wanted to meet them.
I bet that after all of them got their first fat history channel pay check they moved away from the trailer park.They may have shown up for the 'shoots" but then back to some high buck condo in Hilton Head...Has anyone gone and checked to see if the actors are there now...I bet they arent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area