Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 06:47 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,680,011 times

Advertisements

PD...Your examples aren't helping. LOL I'll lighten up because I don't see me watching it.
I think I'll wait for a Pawleys Island show. That could be really interesting and its such a unique place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 08:20 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,832,203 times
Oh, Sunshine, that would rank right up there with "The Bachelorette" for excitement. Let's see, "Pawleys Island Real Life" could have three episodes. "Early Bird" would feature half the population having a 4pm dinner, ordering water and asking if they can split an entree. "Upper Crust" would feature diners at Frank's and Jive Possum, seeing who could race their Mercedes the fastest back to the gated enclaves. Finally, "Night Life" would focus on the roads being rolled up each nite about 9pm.

Personally, I'm lookin' forward to Myrtle Manor. It might not replace Honey Boo Boo, but NASCAR will be over by 9pm, so there's nothing else left to watch.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:20 PM

349 posts, read 863,442 times
Myrtle Manor was filmed off of HWY 15

Old 02-16-2013, 10:10 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,975,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
LOL, not to worry, we have no plans, although I might be that one Yankee in a million who does acclimate since I'm a Baptist who voted for Romney....I have no discernable accent...and I don't mind standing in line...
Please don't take me serious about people from other areas that relocate here. I have wonderful neighbors from all parts of the US and they are great neighbors. Of course all these TV reality shows that dummy down the south is not really how it is down here. Soooo come on down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
Can't fool ya', can I, CW.

According to a recent article in the Sun News, it's still Patrick's, although a name change would not surprise me. It's located on Hwy 15 between Hwy 17 Bypass and Business, close to the airport.

Patrick's Mobile Home Park - Myrtle Beach, SC - Local Business | Facebook
Thanks PD ... I know where it is now. It will probably end up with the name change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady-a View Post
I actually know some of those people on there which is just sad. the fact that they are going to make money off of this is even worse.
Will the people in the show be actual residents that live there?

Old 02-17-2013, 02:20 PM

32 posts, read 68,678 times
Quote:
Will the people in the show be actual residents that live there?
As far as I know yes!

Old 02-17-2013, 02:24 PM

882 posts, read 3,539,154 times
I bet this show garners more interest in Myrtle Beach than the brAD Tax.... And only true locals will know what I mean when I say that....

It's a show folks.. If you don't agree with the image you think it portrays.. it's simple.. DON'T WATCH IT.... ;-)

Now, on to my regularly scheduled programming...

Old 02-17-2013, 02:27 PM

882 posts, read 3,539,154 times
NO... They are NOT residents who live there... This was ALL staged and SCRIPTED. I'm not sure if a local promoter sold someone on the idea or not, but he, his mom, his dog, and his one time lady friend are all in it.. as are a few other native MB residents... The rest are transplants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady-a View Post
As far as I know yes!

Old 02-18-2013, 09:39 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,209,550 times
Yankees need to learn that when they are here WE dont have an accent,,THEY DO.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:27 PM

245 posts, read 495,934 times
Ok here's my 2 cents, I will try watching the show at least once and I will not let it change my point of view of my future home. And yes I know we NY'ers have terrible accents

Old 02-20-2013, 03:31 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,894,137 times
I really need to get out more ... or get in front of my tv more ... I don't have a clue what y'all are talking about. I don't know who or what Honey Boo Boo is. I never heard of "Moonshiners", "Swamp People", or "Buckwild". I have heard my son mention he was watching "Duck Dynasty", but up until this thread I thought it was a duck hunting show. To top it all off, I didn't even realize that TLC was no longer The Learning Channel.

... all that said, I think curiosity might just get me to pull up a seat on March 3rd. Who could resist? The trailer looks intriguing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area