Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 12:28 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,836,073 times

Advertisements

There's a few trees left in Pawleys. Let's cut 'em down!!

Promenade at Litchfield
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 07:03 AM

96 posts, read 220,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
There's a few trees left in Pawleys. Let's cut 'em down!!

Promenade at Litchfield
I was wondering what they were clearing that area for. It goes all the way back to the middle school. Very large tract cleared out. .......After reading what thier target demo is ,it looks like it will be just another place I will drive by lol. Sound likes the developer is very optimistic targeting very high end only.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:07 PM

1,126 posts, read 1,721,418 times
Oh NOOOO!!

Old 08-09-2012, 05:20 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,895,628 times
I am a little puzzled by their assertion that it is an "affluent and underserved market" .... pass around whatever the person that wrote that business plan was smokin' ... it may be more affluent than the surrounding areas, but undeserved ???? ... more like undersized Maybe I am being overly negative, but how many shops and restaurants can the puny population of Pawleys Island sustain?

Old 08-09-2012, 07:24 PM

96 posts, read 220,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
I am a little puzzled by their assertion that it is an "affluent and underserved market" .... pass around whatever the person that wrote that business plan was smokin' ... it may be more affluent than the surrounding areas, but undeserved ???? ... more like undersized Maybe I am being overly negative, but how many shops and restaurants can the puny population of Pawleys Island sustain?
I can only guess they are referring to the golf cart sect . I wonder why Litchfield Exchange did not tap that under served market?

Old 08-09-2012, 09:01 PM

253 posts, read 470,810 times
Certainly not an area I would want to live in, even if I did make up their demographic group...living here in Texas, I am appalled that the beautiful trees along the coast are being cut down by these greedy investors...may they rot in the desert somewhere

Old 08-10-2012, 07:21 AM

214 posts, read 650,662 times
Thats exactly what this area needs.......bulldoze trees, toss up a bunch of horribly built tract homes, add retail shops no one actually cares about......maybe they should put in a golf course too!!

Like that hasn't been done to 40 miles of coast here already. I dont even like it here but wtf.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:59 AM

1,366 posts, read 3,350,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty Dosent Know View Post
I dont even like it here but wtf.
Good grief, we already have a 15 page (and counting) thread all about this. But haters gonna hate

Old 08-10-2012, 10:59 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,836,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
I am a little puzzled by their assertion that it is an "affluent and underserved market" ....
I keep tellin' myself it's not worth getting excited about. When the cow's already outta the barn, there ain't a helluva lot you can do, so to speak. Besides, the Promenade is small change. Found out yesterday PI is gonna get our own Walmart. I guess it's too far to drive to Garden City or Georgetown.

At one time, there was a wonderful diversity of communities all up and down the Grand Strand, from tacky and wonderfully fun downtown MB to all the small family places like Windy Hill, Garden City, Pawleys Island, etc. Each one was unique, maybe good, maybe bad, depending on each individual's taste. We have managed to mutate all of that into one long gigantic strip mall. If ever there's an example of literally loving a place to death, it's the Grand Strand. I just feel bad for the natives, wherever they are. Don't know what you got till it's gone...

Old 08-10-2012, 05:35 PM

214 posts, read 650,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
Good grief, we already have a 15 page (and counting) thread all about this. But haters gonna hate
If you don't like it, don't read it.

My post means that even though I don't care for it here I think this is horrible, not really sure how you took it or what haters gonna hate even means in this instance. Its a shame they are bulldozing nature to put in what this area already has an abundance of, cheap housing and most likely stores/restaurants geared towards tourism.

Walmart down here is also ridiculous, where would they even put it? Its not that far of a drive to either Georgetown or Garden City......is there really enough people in the small area in between the two to warrant a Walmart?? If the are going to level the forest maybe the city/county what ever should consider trying to get something other than service industry jobs in here.

Last edited by Scotty Dosent Know; 08-10-2012 at 05:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area