Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2012, 07:13 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,651,340 times

Advertisements

Good evening everyone!!!!

Well, we decided to come down this October to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We'll stay at the campground we always go to(not bringing the camper-going to rent a home on site). I know-why not go all out-but we want some play money to have fun!

What can we expect that time of year down there? We normally have been anywhere from April to August. What restaurants will still be open? Not really into the touristy stuff (we did the Gay Dolphin when the kids were little and Medieval Times), just wanting to relax-we are just going for a week this trip.

So give me the good the bad and the closed for that time of year. We-SO need this trip! It's been 3 long years since we've been down. I need my beach fix-and we'll house hunt a bit too when we come down. I am so excited-I can't wait!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 11:44 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,886,832 times
Everything is pretty much open year round now minus the mini-golf & a few of the seafood buffet places. Weather-wise you can expect April type days. Usually 70's during the day & dipping down to 50 at night.

Congrats on the quarter century of wedded bliss!

Old 04-08-2012, 06:53 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,898,554 times
October is one of my favorite months. The weather is still beautiful and it has calmed down quite a bit from the summer season. As baylovers said, you find most stuff is still business as usual. Have a wonderful visit!

Average Weather for Myrtle Beach, SC - Temperature and Precipitation

Baylovers, it is good to see you again. You have been missed around here.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:35 AM

1,492 posts, read 3,651,340 times
How would we find out which restaurants are open during that time? I can't wait to come back and get my fix of seafood-I'd hate to have one of the places we usually go be closed. The mini-golf, well the campground has that. Plus the indoor pool will still be open for that time of year-I checked with them on that. We are probably looking the first week in October to head down. We've been coming down for 13 years and it's going to feel like we are coming home. We normally have 3 weeks-but my new job-I only get two weeks a year at this point.

And thanks for the well wishes-it's been a interesting 25 years to be sure!

Old 04-08-2012, 06:50 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,028,605 times
Most normal restaurants will be open...some of the "Calabash buffets" will be closed for the season...no loss, IMO! There's really no way a normal person can eat $25 worth of what they call 'seafood"....
It will still be warm and nice....perfect golf or pool weather!

Old 04-08-2012, 08:59 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,683,310 times
Default Totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Most normal restaurants will be open...some of the "Calabash buffets" will be closed for the season...no loss, IMO! There's really no way a normal person can eat $25 worth of what they call 'seafood"....
It will still be warm and nice....perfect golf or pool weather!
cb at sea is right. Most restaurants will be open and are open all year long. The only ones that aren't and might not be are the buffet all you can stuff your face with places. If those are what you like, you might be disappointed. I'm not sure though because I have never been to one of them. A lot of people do like them and I don't mean to disparage them, only to say that I don't know anything about them.

If you have specific restaurants in mind that you want to know about, most of them have websites or you can google them and get their phone numbers to call and find out if they will be open or not.

You can also check out myrtlebeachrestaurants.com and/or just google Myrtle Beach restaurants and you will find a lot of websites with restaurant information and reviews.

Be aware that since you have not been here for several years, some of your favorites may have closed permanently and not just for the season. Sadly, so many places open for a year or two and then are not able to stay in business. That has happened to me with several of my former favorite places.

No matter what, there will be plenty of wonderful places to eat and lots of things to do and you will probably have perfect weather that time of year to celebrate your anniversary.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:50 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,886,832 times
Thanks Neece, had a brief hiatus but good to be back & see seasoned & new folks on the board.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:20 AM

142 posts, read 364,265 times
September and the beginning to mid October are the best months to visit the beach for a number of reasons.

Unlike days of old, everything is open except the waterparks

The weather is very nice, no winds on the beach like early spring and rain storms everyday June and July

The ocean is still warm

The rates are low for accommodations

The crowds have died down, yet is still busy

The food and service is great, in the spring they are breaking in new people, during the season they are so busy and just concerned about turning tables

And many other reasons why this is the best time

Gary

Old 04-12-2012, 08:03 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,163,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingMom View Post
How would we find out which restaurants are open during that time? I can't wait to come back and get my fix of seafood-I'd hate to have one of the places we usually go be closed. The mini-golf, well the campground has that. Plus the indoor pool will still be open for that time of year-I checked with them on that. We are probably looking the first week in October to head down. We've been coming down for 13 years and it's going to feel like we are coming home. We normally have 3 weeks-but my new job-I only get two weeks a year at this point.

And thanks for the well wishes-it's been a interesting 25 years to be sure!
All restaurants will be open in October, it is still peak golf season. The only times any restaurants close is from New Years through Valentines Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area