Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2008, 09:27 AM

3 posts, read 77,660 times

Advertisements

We would like to plan a family vacation to the Myrtle Beach area. Hopefully camping, swimming and enjoying the beach. What is the best time of year to visit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 10:07 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,873,403 times
Summer obviously has the most attractions open. I would say now is the best time to visit because most of the local kids have started school so the beaches & attractions are not very crowed but are all still open. The weather will be cooling down soon and should be really nice.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:57 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
Even tho it's in the "south", it does get chilly in the winter! Late spring through early fall will give you the best "beach" weather. If you don't care about sunning, but care more about golf, then anytime except mid-summer and mid-winter are for you!

Old 09-01-2008, 02:10 PM

5 posts, read 57,972 times
I made one of my first visits to MB in early October and the ocean water was still very nice. All the hotels had great bargain prices going and all of them have wonderful indoor and outdoor pools, many with hot tubs. The camping areas further south are open as most of them take RVs later into November.

I would agree that now is the time to make a trip with plenty of the attractions still open such as the water parks. Broadway At The Beach is always open and there are still plenty of shows going on.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:56 PM

Default What about mid-April or mid-June?

What about tropical storms? What do you think about mid april or June?

Old 09-02-2008, 12:42 AM

5 posts, read 57,972 times
March to April is golfers season. The hotels are full of 'rowdy' () golfers. The ocean temps are still cool in April. May begins the full season. Mid May is Bike Week and the town is filled with hundreds of thousands of Harley's and every hotel and camp spot is taken. Traffic is a nightmare and parking becomes "bikes only". Memorial Day weekend is another Bike Week but this time there are mostly the "crotch rocket" bikes and they are twice as rowdy. (many businesses close down to avoid them) June begins "HIGH SEASON" and the weather is perfect .. but so are the prices. You will pay maximum for everything unless you can find a crafty travel agent who can book for you with lots of coupons to help defray your costs.

Storms can happen, of course, in September, October but if you can be flexible you can avoid them. Most camp grounds have storm rules in place that allow you to reschedule or get a refund (less a booking fee). Check with them or hotels and ask about their policies. But don't let the storms chase you away. September, early October is a good time to go to MB.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:10 AM

Default Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the good info. We live in Milwaukee and just had thousands of Harleys all over the county for the Harley Anniv. Party.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:35 PM

3 posts, read 13,449 times
i was raised in MB area, Easter is great just warming up, lots excitement, but watch out for MB and horry co. cops they are tough.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:37 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
Late Spring to early Fall....it's not year-round warm, so warmer months are best for beachy things!

Old 07-05-2012, 02:58 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
I think September and October are my favorite months at the beach. May was a bit too busy with the bike weeks.
Early June is very nice also before school lets out.

The above would be for more tranquil times. However, summer being what it is a " fun in the sun" time...I personally enjoy the summer months full of fun and excitement. There is always something to do here and one could never be bored in the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area