Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2007, 07:49 AM

55 posts, read 735,749 times

Advertisements

Hi, We are having a difficult time finding a clean hotel to stay in North Myrtle Beach area. Is there any other nice beaches near Noth Myrtle you can suggest and places to stay? Do most people rent a beach house there because were having a hard time finding a nice play to stay. The Marriot is nice but too much at $269 a night in October....Do the rates ever go down in October , or are they always this high everywere in MB? I was hoping it would be a little less expensive in the fall months.

Any help would really be appreciated.Thanks so much !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 09:17 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,958,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello47 View Post
Hi, We are having a difficult time finding a clean hotel to stay in North Myrtle Beach area. Is there any other nice beaches near Noth Myrtle you can suggest and places to stay? Do most people rent a beach house there because were having a hard time finding a nice play to stay. The Marriot is nice but too much at $269 a night in October....Do the rates ever go down in October , or are they always this high everywere in MB? I was hoping it would be a little less expensive in the fall months.

I like Days Inn at Surfside it's really nice there. It's south of Myrtle Beach though not North.

Other beaches north of north Myrtle would be like Sunset,Ocean Isle etc all in NC.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:24 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
I like Days Inn at Surfside it's really nice there. It's south of Myrtle Beach though not North.

Other beaches north of north Myrtle would be like Sunset,Ocean Isle etc all in NC.
Sunset is one of the prettiest beaches I've seen -- and I've seen some gorgeous beaches in Hawaii.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:51 AM
jjj

168 posts, read 820,106 times
Quote:

Check Long Bay Resort. Its right on the ocean, every time we have stayed there it is very clean. Look up the reviews for this hotel on trip advisor.com. They get great reviews and the room rates are excellent.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:55 AM

548 posts, read 1,980,235 times
Quote:

Yes, $269 a night in October is high, even if it were July I'd consider it high. You could rent a house or a condo especially if you have a family with you and are staying a week. Most of the places are clean. I personally like the Beach Cove and if you stay in a 2 or 3 bedroom I think they've been renovated. I stayed in a 1 bedroom that was but not all are yet (15th floor middle building). Also there is a new resort being built next door that the noise might bother you. Most of the other "condo-hotels" are very nice. Not 5 star resorts but they do for a beach place and are clean. Rates are $90 something on weekend and $70 during the week. Most should be in this price range.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:02 AM

1,710 posts, read 5,682,160 times
A coworker just stayed at the Island Vista in N. Myrtle and she said it was very nice. I have stayed in the Avista in N. Myrtle and it was nice.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:26 AM

543 posts, read 2,364,373 times
I keep telling everyone about DUNES VILLAGE PHASE II

It's on 52nd Ave. N and very close to NMB. Remember to go online and check out PHASE II and not PHASE I. The place is beautiful and is located at a very quiet part of the beach.

Dunes Village Resort - Myrtle Beach Vacations

Last edited by usc_gal98; 10-01-2007 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-03-2007, 02:44 AM

21 posts, read 178,120 times
Default mb hotel rates and deals

Myrtle Beach is way cheaper right now because tourist season is over (but it is bike week at the moment, so not as cheap as it could be.) I live around the area but sometimes if I party too much, I rent a hotel for the night so I don't drive when I shouldn't.

I just stayed in the Holiday Inn in Little River, which is a three star hotel, for under 50 dollars a night. It was beautiful and right on Coquina Harbor.

I also like the Days Inn in Conway (Waccamaw), I've stayed there a few times.
Surfside, like someone mentioned, is a beautiful place, nice beach, just south of Myrtle Beach on 17 (business, not bypass) and so that's always a thought.

You can always look for great deals online, too... AAA has good rates, and so do the online discount websites like hotwire and priceline... I find awesome deals that way.

Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area