Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2012, 01:21 PM

1 posts, read 10,441 times

Advertisements

I am planning to move to the Myrtle Beach area late this year (2012) but am having a hard time finding places that can be rented out without a credit check. My credit is not too good and I know that is a problem with finding a place to live. Any advice or suggestions of where to look? I haven't been to the area to do more research. Mainly doing it online and planning.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 04:24 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,892,258 times
I don't think you will find any real estate agents or property management companies who will not run a credit check. You may find some individual owners who don't, but I would think even that would be unlikely. You may want to consider offering extra money towards a security deposit (an extra months rent). If you have explainable circumstances for your bad credit that may be enough. I would think with so many people out of work that bad credit is not all that uncommon. Good luck to you.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:41 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,773,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
I don't think you will find any real estate agents or property management companies who will not run a credit check. You may find some individual owners who don't, but I would think even that would be unlikely. You may want to consider offering extra money towards a security deposit (an extra months rent). If you have explainable circumstances for your bad credit that may be enough. I would think with so many people out of work that bad credit is not all that uncommon. Good luck to you.
I agree 100%. Also, offer some good work references to show you stayed at a job for a length of time and were responsible.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:06 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,098,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ima80zkid View Post
I am planning to move to the Myrtle Beach area late this year (2012) but am having a hard time finding places that can be rented out without a credit check. My credit is not too good and I know that is a problem with finding a place to live. Any advice or suggestions of where to look? I haven't been to the area to do more research. Mainly doing it online and planning.
Apartments usually don't run credit checks but DO check if your employment will cover the rent, your rental history, etc. In this day and age, just about everyone's credit is a little dinged up. I think you'll be okay.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:50 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,658,548 times
Garden City Connector Apartments for Rent | Garden City SC Apartments on Apartmentfinder.com

Ok the Connector Road Apts will do a check but will just charge you an extra fee for bad credit.
You'll have to call and ask the details. They will check your employment to see if you can cover the rent. But, if you have a job lined up you should be able to easy enough get one of these.

There is also another one....I'll have to look it up.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:55 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,658,548 times
Palmetto Pointe Apartments - Myrtle Beach Apartments For Rent | Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
Palmetto Pointe is another one that will charge extra for bad credit. These two I have given you will also accept a pet. There is a charge involved. I know in the Connector it is a price "for each pet" and that can come to a lot.
Both apartments are in the south end of Myrtle Beach.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:14 PM

15 posts, read 42,604 times
All apartments run credit checks. I live in Seaside Grove and they charge a little extra if your credit is sketchy. Most do, says right on their websites. And just an FYI ... most of the apartments in Myrtle are pricey. Look around $800-900 for a nice apartment. I have some friends who moved into the Canterbury apartments for under $600 but said they were HORRIBLE. And those apartments are always being brought up in the Sun News police section for car break-ins. Choose carefully. Do your research.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:13 PM

6 posts, read 21,933 times
Getting an apartment will not be hard to do regardless of credit. If a place has a unit they will try everything to fill it. I would just look multiple places to get a feel for the prices. I would avoid many of the newer apartment complexes. I personally would rather pay the same amount or less for an older townhouse in MB. That way even if you live in an apartment/townhome it will not feel like you are a sardine that can only park in the specific alphanumeric parking space.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:44 PM

7 posts, read 20,365 times
I am also currently looking for something but I ran across something that may help you. If you are absolutely against getting any kind of back ground check there is a woman on craigslist that has several condos at week to week or month to month rental 150 per week or 500 per month avarage.

she only wants picture id and a 100 deposit

however the places seem pretty dinky and small they look like older cottages. within 2 blocks of the beach and its listed as myrtle but when i called she said atlantic beach. Also Im not sure if you got into something like that if during summer months she deicedes she wants more money i dont think there is anything you could do about it since there is no lease involved.

it all seemed a bit shady to me but if the risk is worth not going through any cheacks to you id try searching Craigslist or other sites for her or someone simaler.

something like this would be a last ditch effort for me but maby im just a bit to cautious and particular.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:08 PM

790 posts, read 1,619,831 times
There was a post on this forum a couple of months ago about this situation and it seems to have been deleted. But, the post basically said that this lady was ripping people off with substandard housing and did not take care of it, etc. And it advised staying away from this person and housing. So, the advice newgurl above should be heeded...be very cautious of this person in particular and of anyone who doesn't require a signed lease...there's a reason the rent is cheap and no paper trail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area